• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
ihlbs3LsNzVXp.gif

The scene with Lancel was too perfect. Tyrion was simply too boss last night.

I don't know how they could super impose his junk being grabbed anyway. He looks about as old as Sansa. I assumed she was underage since they didn't show anything

Yeah it's because she's only 16, I think. In the book Joffrey gets her completely naked in front of everyone. Maybe that's why the next scene was included? :p His treatment of Sansa is a bit more brutal in the books.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I don't know how they could super impose his junk being grabbed anyway. He looks about as old as Sansa. I assumed she was underage since they didn't show anything
Sophie Turner just turned 16 and that's probably why they didn't strip her completely.

Amir0x

Banned
Does that ghost baby have anything to do with the stuff beyond the wall or is magic separate from that stuff?

It's only clear in the book that the resurgence of magic is all interrelated somehow, it's not clear precisely how. Yet. More books to come obviously and GRRM promises to explain it...

also Harrenhal is fuck amazing

Does that ghost baby have anything to do with the stuff beyond the wall or is magic separate from that stuff?

I don't think there a direct relation or causality but clearly with dragons, white walkers and magic shadow babies people's perception of the state of of the World they live in isn't totally acruate. I think it's just that these things exist, although maybe there is a connection between all these magic creatures appearing at the same time.

It's alluded that the reappearance of dragons in the world has made magic stronger and re-awoken magics thought lost, or fallen into fairy-tale.

Wait so are you saying magic will be apart of this series? I'm down with that, I mean if they're going to have dragons, might as well have some dudes with magical powers(but limited).

KingK

I just woke up from a mid afternoon nap (which for me, often yields the strangest dreams) and I had a dream of Game of Thrones the musical. It was quite...odd, but entertaining.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It's only clear in the book that the resurgence of magic is all interrelated somehow, it's not clear precisely how. Yet. More books to come obviously and GRRM promises to explain it...

also Harrenhal is fuck amazing

The series is called "A Song of Ice and Fire". The undead creatures behind the wall have blue eyes, Melisandre is from beyond the sea, her trademark color is red and her power is light and fire. Hmmmm.

One of the most intense and emotionally charged episodes of TV I've ever seen. Jesus. My hatred towards so many of the characters this ep was off the charts. Sick, Evil fucks.

- This week's episode of Thronecast is up for those of you in the UK & Ireland
Garden of Bones - the thrilling fourth episode of Game of Thrones - was an absolutely insane chapter in the story, and Thronecast is here to help break it down - along with an exclusive interview with Sophie Turner, a jaw-dropping original fan poem, and much more.

- There's also an uncut version of the Sophie Turner interview

No youtube links yet for the rest of us, but they'll be up sooner or later.

Liked most of the episode but not as much as most. Danny's scenes were the low point, it would have been a little more bearable if her speech got her through the gates rather than the bullshit that followed. I'm also finding that I miss the Brave Companions more than I thought I would, I really hope they're included at some point as they have some great moments in the later books.

I'll watch it again tomorrow and probably like it more than I did tonight. Oh, and I got so excited over the prospect of Joff killing Ros but the little shit let me down...

Walshicus

Wait so are you saying magic will be apart of this series? I'm down with that, I mean if they're going to have dragons, might as well have some dudes with magical powers(but limited).

"Magical powers" is kind of overstating it. Nobody is casting lightning bolts after all. The magic in the series is more folky, if that makes sense.

Altazor

I'm also finding that I miss the Brave Companions more than I thought I would, I really hope they're included at some point as they have some great moments in the later books.

I'd love to see/hear (SERIES SPOILERS)
Vargo Hoat shouting THAPPIRETH with that trademark lisp of his. Creepy as fuck character, yet that lisp made him kinda funny.

Hellcrow

I love this show, but the Joffrey scene was really, really uncomfortable to watch. Haven't had that problem before. I guess reading the books give me enough reasons to hate him, so more just feels way to much.

I love this show, but the Joffrey scene was really, really uncomfortable to watch. Haven't had that problem before. I guess reading the books give me enough reasons to hate him, so more just feels way to much.

Yeah, I concur - it felt gratuitous, and almost farcical, given the amount of reasons we already have to hate Joffrey. That scene and all of Dany's scenes were the real low points this week.

Dmax3901

Yeah, I concur - it felt gratuitous, and almost farcical, given the amount of reasons we already have to hate Joffrey. That scene and all of Dany's scenes were the real low points this week.

Yeah I agree. We get it, he's a cunt.

Also I imagine all the apples in this episode have already been talked about?

The torturer, Renly, one of Joffrey's whores, I'm sure there were more.

This weeks episode was among the best in the series, but I still had some minor issues with it. Where was the peach at the showdown between Renly and Stannis? It might be somewhat wierd, but that is what I associated with the meeting between the two brothers. As a book reader I really appreciate references to minor details like that. Hopefully the show will make some sort of reference to the (really minor spoilers for ACOK)
antlermen
later on.

The new Mountain also came off as a generic soldier. The voice was good, and he was tall, but he looked skinny in that armor and he didn't come off as threatening. The previous actor nailed the charachter in the scene he had in season 1, so the recast was a bit of a letdown.

Gregorn

The scene at the very start of the episode was a perfect 'added scene', you get a feel of how the war is effecting the common people and that's a major theme of the series. But scenes like Jeoffery being a dick and Littlefinger talking to Margaery about how Renly is gay? What's the point...?

<3 Melisandre

Riggs

Banned
Holy crap just finished episode 4. Joffrey is so sick, makes sense that he is a sexual deviant. Did not remember that part from the book though.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
More a nice way to highlight Stannis'...'up-culturing' of Davos. It's far more elaborate in the text, how he elevated the man from smuggler to (essentially) lordship on his council.

I don't care, I thought it was awesome nonetheless :p. I already somewhat identify myself with Stannis (as unlikeable as he's supposed to be), but that bit confirmed it :lol.

Maffis

So many characters, so little time :(

It makes me sad to see so much foreshadowing get cut, but I know it has to be done.

Anyways it was a pretty good episode. I think the shadow thingy looked a little over the top IMO, but it was still cool I guess. I didn't like the scene with the 13. I didn't imagine they would have such perfect english (or westerosi) like they did. Couldn't they've given them accents at the least?

This weeks episode was among the best in the series, but I still had some minor issues with it. Where was the peach at the showdown between Renly and Stannis? It might be somewhat wierd, but that is what I associated with the meeting between the two brothers. As a book reader I really appreciate references to minor details like that. Hopefully the show will make some sort of reference to the (really minor spoilers for ACOK)
antlermen
later on.

The new Mountain also came off as a generic soldier. The voice was good, and he was tall, but he looked skinny in that armor and he didn't come off as threatening. The previous actor nailed the charachter in the scene he had in season 1, so the recast was a bit of a letdown.

Funny, I was wondering where the peach was too. I don't have any major issues with the changes from the books, as they are inevitable, but the peach was what I remembered from that scene as well, and would have been so simple to include in the scene. I would have understood if it was some expensive thing they couldn't afford to do, but it would have just been him eating a peach.

To be honest, I didn't even realize there was a new mountain, nor did I notice The Mountain in any of the scenes. I wonder why on earth they would have recast him? He was so menacing in the first season, I find it hard to believe the actor had so much work he had to turn down an HBO series

Edit: Holy crap, that's exactly what happened. He turned down that role due to scheduling conflicts. :( I hate it when actors are recast. Takes away the magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom