• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

methodman

Banned
So no one has seen the final 6 episodes yet, correct? I remember HBO sending out the first 4 episodes to reviewers early, but now everyone's on the same page irrc.

The best lol
VVkQ3.png

It's only clear in the book that the resurgence of magic is all interrelated somehow, it's not clear precisely how. Yet. More books to come obviously and GRRM promises to explain it...

also Harrenhal is fuck amazing

Yeah, because he couldn't get around to explaining it in the 24,246,092,347,293 pages he's already written? Every book takes him what, 6-10 years to write? Isn't there a better chance he's gonna be dead before having a chance to finish the series? Honest question, I think he should start trying to wrap it up sometime this decade.

Arment

lol. larry's reviews are always entertaining.

I haven't seen one of his reviews yet. Pretty funny. It's so interesting to hear the theories of those who haven't read the books.

It's a lot like I was between reading segments of the book. But I only had to wait a day to read the next 'episode'. Waiting a week must be torture!

ACOK
So funny how everyone is braced for this huge Renly vs. Stannis 'fight'!

jett

D-Member
I haven't seen one of his reviews yet. Pretty funny. It's so interesting to hear the theories of those who haven't read the books.

It's a lot like I was between reading segments of the book. But I only had to wait a day to read the next 'episode'. Waiting a week must be torture!

ACOK
So funny how everyone is braced for this huge Renly vs. Stannis 'fight'!

If you aren't familiar with Larry should probably watch this, haha.

Kettch

I actually liked the Joffrey scene. Didn't think it was meant to show his cruelty, but to show Joffrey trying to fight back against Tyrion after the many literal and figurative slaps in the face he's taken.

KingGondo

Banned
I actually liked the Joffrey scene. Didn't think it was meant to show his cruelty, but to show Joffrey trying to fight back against Tyrion after the many literal and figurative slaps in the face he's taken.
Um... yeah.

You do understand that scenes can have more than one purpose, right?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

More like both. Joffrey is twisted. Same situation with Sansa, gets a member of the Kings Guard to do it.

Eh?

They're going to go full out with showing Joffrey as the next Mad King. I'm saying this is just the beginning of seeing the monster Joff really is.

vehn

(ACOK)
sorta lame how they show the black dude before renlys death. Now everyone will know how he dies and it won't be that much of a surprise. Was very surprising when I first read it and found out he dead, won't be as surprising in the show for new viewers

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
(ACOK)
sorta lame how they show the black dude before renlys death. Now everyone will know how he dies and it won't be that much of a surprise. Was very surprising when I first read it and found out he dead, won't be as surprising in the show for new viewers
That's exactly the point I brought up when the episodes synopsis' were first released. It's understandable why they did it this way though because
they weren't going to show 2 shadow assassinations due to time/money constraints

IceCold

Man my friend has been pushing me to watch this show for months but due to school I didn't. Now that I'm done I was able to watch all the episode in a couple of days. Awesome stuff. But now I'm hungry for more. I don't think I'll be able to wait and only watch 1 episode per week. Might have to buy the books...

Ventrue

(ACOK)

(ACOK)
I think it would be too confusing to just have the shadow stab Renly out of nowhere like in the books. Books have the power of describing things very clearly.

(ACOK)
I think it would be too confusing to just have the shadow stab Renly out of nowhere like in the books. Books have the power of describing things very clearly.

I just don't like that they cut it right in the middle of the event. They shouldn't have done a cliffhanger right in the middle of shit getting real like that. The deed should have been done.

KingK

Man my friend has been pushing me to watch this show for months but due to school I didn't. Now that I'm done I was able to watch all the episode in a couple of days. Awesome stuff. But now I'm hungry for more. I don't think I'll be able to wait and only watch 1 episode per week. Might have to buy the books...

Go for it. They're fantastic. Don't let the length intimidate you either, the chapters are only like 10-15 pages each and switch between characters all the time so it always feels really fresh.

You can buy a set with the first 4 books for like $20, iirc, and the 5th book should be available in paperback this summer.

I just don't like that they cut it right in the middle of the event. They shouldn't have done a cliffhanger right in the middle of shit getting real like that. The deed should have been done.

ACOK spoilers
It will be interesting to see when this event actually happens in the next episode. Although I assumed that ep 4 would end with it, given the episode as a whole and the scene at the end was so good, I thought it was a great way to end the episode.

ronito

I can't be the only one that when the screen blacks out and the credits start to roll shout, "Noooo! Don't stop there!" at the end of every episode.

ACOK spoilers
It will be interesting to see when this event actually happens in the next episode. Although I assumed that ep 4 would end with it, given the episode as a whole and the scene at the end was so good, I thought it was a great way to end the episode.

I thought it was a great way to end the episode, especially if you know nothing about the books. A real WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?? ending.

Vespene

I thought it was a great way to end the episode, especially if you know nothing about the books. A real WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?? ending.

I think its one of the top 5 most memorable moments from the book series.
Each book has its most memorable moment, and to me this was Clash of Kings'. Next one will be the Red Wedding of course, though Dany conquering Slaver's Bay was pretty awesome.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Wished more people simultaenously watch and posted in the non-spoiler thread. I wanted to seem at least a full page of WTFs.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
- Via Westeros.org: An interview with Kit Harrington and Richard Madden from the press tour down in Brazil *might be a few spoilers since Kit and Richard have read a few of the books*
Still can't believe I didn't hear about this before they left, Copacabana is relatively close to where I live and they took pictures and shoot the shit with fans near the beach. I'm always missing this sort of thing. The show is quite popular around here so it was cool to see HBO promoting it like that.

Emwitus

Just watched episode 4. What the heck was with the ending? It turning more and more into lord of the rings.....the show i mean, with all the magic.

EDIT: Oh, I've never read the books so that might explain my confusion.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Everything feels so rushed compared to last season, such a bummer. How could any non book reader give two shits about the ending scene when both characters have had about 10 min of screen time max?

Might just wait until the seasons over and then just watch them on my phone while I jog on the treadmill. At least at that point the hype/excitement/disappointment will be gone and I'll just be able to enjoy the good parts.

LuchaShaq

Banned
LOL. I completely can not hold down any of the character's names. I tried but just can't.

Would be more specific but forget which book it starts.....but one city has about 20 people who have names that look like facerolling on a keyboard. Didn't help the story involving them was the weakest part of all of the books.

Jonm1010

Banned
Everything feels so rushed compared to last season, such a bummer. How could any non book reader give two shits about the ending scene when both characters have had about 10 min of screen time max?

Might just wait until the seasons over and then just watch them on my phone while I jog on the treadmill. At least at that point the hype/excitement/disappointment will be gone and I'll just be able to enjoy the good parts.

My brother who hasnt read the books and some people at work all took it as a WTF is about to go down!!!

This shit is crazy!

I was one of the most vocal people about this season needing a few extra episodes but most people I have talked to have been pretty interested and fairly cognizant of all the characters and their relations........Though my brother did ask me if Renly and Stannis were brothers.

Still this season should have gotten a few extra episodes.

alphaNoid

Banned
LOL. I completely can not hold down any of the character's names. I tried but just can't.

If you prefer, there are easier stories to follow but the I would gather most of the appeal to GoT and Song of Ice and Fire in general is the complexity therein. Every person I know who loves the show/books loves them because is a challenge to follow. Once you understand who's who it gets real interesting because there are easter eggs all over and rewatching earlier episodes can/will blow your mind.

You get out of the series what you put in, and the show makes you feel stupid and confused most of the time. Only to eventually paint a clear enough picture to let you realize for a moment whats really going on, to then just introduce like 15 more character story arcs for you to follow
KuGsj.gif

I love the torture, and most honestly .. I love that this film doesn't treat me like an idiot. It challenges me to be sharp and on point. I would say that GoT is to television as the Witcher series is to RPGs in general. If you're not up for the challenge, go watch something more casual. There's plenty of it.

kirblar

This next episode's going to pop a rating after the way they ended this one. It's such an awesome hook.

Regarding the end of season 3, I strongly suspect that the final scene will be (book spoilers for ASOS)
Catelyn's revival

ZeroRay

Regarding the end of season 3, I strongly suspect that the final scene will be (book spoilers for ASOS)
Catelyn's revival

(ASOS)
After Sansa and Littlefinger slowly sail away from Dontos' burning boat, the camera slowly zooms out towards all of King's Landing, bells tolling, with the sun rising overhead, roll credits.

...screen fades from black and you see bodies rolling down a river...like how Bran see's through Summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom