• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pein

Banned
I tried to watch this with my family but they made fun of me when the first sex scene with Tyrion was happening so I closed it and now I'm pissed. They also said Ned Stark was a murderer for chopping that kid's head off.

I watched it with my sister, she thinks Drogo is hot.

Via WiC.net, a new pic from HBO:

QTm6h.jpg

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Question: Have fans ever been satisfied with the ending of a book series?
I expect a lot of people to rage, and flame by the end of all of this.

Mashing

I tried to watch this with my family but they made fun of me when the first sex scene with Tyrion was happening so I closed it and now I'm pissed. They also said Ned Stark was a murderer for chopping that kid's head off.

I'd hate to think of what they'd have thought about the scene with Littlefinger and the two whores.

KingGondo

Banned
A perfect example of a sad yet fulfilling ending.

Well maybe not sad, bitter sweet?
I'd call it hopeful.

I think that's the key to creating a good ending: tie up the major plot threads, but leave the characters' ultimate fates to the reader's imagination.

Harry Potter dropped the ball big time on that one.

pulga

Banned
FUCKKKK I CAN'T WAIT. One step closer to ASoS season!

You guys know if there's any way to get HBO GO to think I'm in the US?

- Westeros.org: Initial Impressions on Season 2 *spoilers, detailed info on the first two episodes*

(Link isn't working right now for some reason, but it should be back soon...I hope.)

Their overall impression:
All in all, this is a good start to the season, despite my quibbles, and one that certainly improves as it goes on. While I find myself liking episodes 3 and 4 more —and, in certain areas, significantly more—than the Benioff & Weiss episodes that opened the season, the task the executive producers had before them was a difficult one. All four episodes certainly set a stage for the widening scope of the story, promising the kind of feast to the senses and the mind that viewers have become accustomed to for what some might call HBO’s most impressive and entertaining current drama.

scosher

AFFC is decent, ADWD is awful.

eh, AFFC was boring for me, even on rereads. It's still the toughest to get through.

ADWD was enjoyable for the majority of it, except
the last 20%. Lacked any sort of climax after all that build up toward all the inevitable confrontations. I blame poor editing really.

- Variety review
More magic begins creeping into the second season of "Game of Thrones," literally speaking, but the magic conjured by season one continues virtually unabated: a dizzying array of characters, splendid performances, and a scope and grandeur like nothing else on television. Combine that with the handful of warring factions vying for the Iron Throne, and pervasive ruthlessness that leaves no one -- including children -- safe, and HBO has the ingredients for a series that puts nearly every other genre offering to shame. "Winter is coming" is the show's catchphrase, but it was worth the wait till spring to receive it.

methodman

Banned
god damn these reviews are hyping me up so much. sooo ready for sunday.

I think a lot of reviewers (or just people in general) didn't know what this show was gonna be about when season one came around, now that they are more into the story, they are giving the show much more leeway instead of one laced with "oh it's just a fantasy so it must be like LOTR or Harry Potter." All of the reviews I've read have been full of praise, while last season they were kind of hesitant to say anything good because they didn't know if this can continue. It will. Season 2 is gonna be amazing.

3N16MA

Banned
Such a different experience heading into this season having gone through the books. Last season I went in not knowing a thing but now I will be looking at each episode with a new perspective.

god damn these reviews are hyping me up so much. sooo ready for sunday.

I think a lot of reviewers (or just people in general) didn't know what this show was gonna be about when season one came around, now that they are more into the story, they are giving the show much more leeway instead of one laced with "oh it's just a fantasy so it must be like LOTR or Harry Potter." A lot of these reviews have been full of praise, while last season they were kind of hesitant to say anything good because they didn't know if this can continue. It will. Season 2 is gonna be amazing.

god damn this post is hyping me up so much!

Dany

Banned
Such a different experience heading into this season having gone through the books. Last season I went in not knowing a thing but now I will be looking at each episode with a new perspective.

I read 2-4 in like a month or two. Everything just blended, going to be interesting 'reexperiencing' everything again, for the first time.

Bigfoot

I've said it before, and although I'm glad I read the books since season 1, there is part of me that wished i hadnt as there is something special about watching this show knowing nothing.

I've said it before, and although I'm glad I read the books since season 1, there is part of me that wished i hadnt as there is something special about watching this show knowing nothing.

Agreed. Although GRRM's books are great, and I'm glad I read them, I watched season 1 without having read any of them, and I had one of the best experiences with a TV season that I've ever had. I'm honestly a bit jealous of some friends of mine that are about to dive into season 2 without any idea of what's going to happen.

KingK

I'm glad that I read all the books before watching the TV show. I feel like I would have been lost at a bunch of places and wouldn't have gotten as much out of certain aspects if I hadn't read the book first.

3N16MA

Banned
The books were pure entertainment on their own and that is how I treated them. Just another way of delivering the material but the thrills and shocking moments were still there.

Mordeccai

Rewatching S1 fails to keep my hype levels in check. I want to re-read CoK this week to quench the thirst, but I'm thinking a fresh rewatch and look at the material would be nice too.

In any case, I'm really looking forward to (CoK midway spoilers)
The Greyjoys this season and seeing Theon's story line. I have to wonder who really will remember him from the first season. And Balon is quite a different character for the series at this point, so it will be interesting to see how everyone takes to the Ironborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom