• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
The was the greatest page of any thread ever.

The Lamonster, in the name of our good King Robb, first of his name, of the house Stark, King in the North, and Lord of Winterfell, I condemn you to death for treasonous words against Oona.

:p

The was the greatest page of any thread ever.

The Lamonster, in the name of our good King Robb, first of his name, of the house Stark, King in the North, and Lord of Winterfell, I condemn you to death for treasonous words against Oona.

:p
But I prefaced my post saying she was hot and ended it saying it doesn't offend me!

Noooooo arya don't watch

bengraven

I admit, I'm confused by it too. I didn't think Hodor was supposed to be old. Maybe it's just the stress of hodor-ing all day.

I never read it as such. Same as the chubbiness.

I read him as being very tall, muscular and I swear I read that he had short dark hair. I pictured him as a tall, mentally handicapped Hugh Jackman type.

I don't care though, because Nairn is awesome and he's doing an awesome job.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
How wasn't it classy? She was topless in the original pic and I covered her up. :p

NE5yp.png
oh you

UraMallas

Somebody wants to see more penis.

And breasts aren't nearly as private as dicks.

I was under the impression frequency was a girl? I intend no offense, and someone shouldn't take issue with such a comment, but that's just an assumption I made. Maybe I'm judging on the avatar...

Socreges

Banned
I was under the impression frequency was a girl? I intend no offense, and someone shouldn't take issue with such a comment, but that's just an assumption I made. Maybe I'm judging on the avatar...
frequency is female, yeah. Doesn't really change my post. Was just poking fun at the "It doesn't feel even to me".

Martin approves of the changes, obviously.

I don't know that he approves of every little change, but he understands the nature of making the books into a TV show. Like this Thronecast interview with GRRM where he acknowledges that many characters on the show, like Renly, Shae or Littlefinger are significantly different than their book versions. (at around the 15 minute mark)

(ASOS)
It's going to be very interesting if they indeed have Tyrion kill Joffrey, since that would make a very hard left turn from the books. Tyrion clearly think Joffrey is a bad king and a spoiled brat, and has shown no qualms about talking back to and striking him (although, as we've seen this season, he's become so frustrated with Joffrey that he is no longer using the excuse of "he's my nephew"); but to actually kill him? Not sure about that one yet, even though Cersei did telegraph that one.

I don't think so. The show hasn't really made any big changes in terms of the big plot points or end results. They've mostly changed many of the little details of characterization that leads to the same end results. (ASOS)
Having Tyrion actually poison Joffrey would make his trial lose some of its meaning and presumably take away from the whole conspiracy between Littlefinger and the Tyrells with Sansa in the middle. Tyrion isn't sad to see Joffrey go, but its Olenna who sets that in motion after she learns from Sansa what a monster Joffrey is, not wanting Margaery to have to go through that.

Socreges

Banned
I don't know that he approves of every little change, but he understands the nature of making the books into a TV show. Like this Thronecast interview with GRRM where he acknowledges that many characters on the show, like Renly, Shae or Littlefinger are significantly different than their book versions. (at around the 15 minute mark)
Really nice to see how he, the author of ASOIAF, is not as attached to the differences as some of the people here. Particularly cool how he can admit that Osha is more interesting in the show than in the book (where she's not as fleshed out).

(ADWD)
I've only reading through AFFC right now and so it was a little unfortunate/spoilerish to hear that Osha is still alive and relevant by the end of ADWD. I guess I should've expected that.

Lothar

Banned
Really nice to see how he, the author of ASOIAF, is not as attached to the differences as some of the people here. Particularly cool how he can admit that Osha is more interesting in the show than in the book (where she's not as fleshed out).

Do you really think there is a single person here that hates every difference between the book and TV show? Is there anyone that can't admit that Osha is more interesting on the show?

Dany

Banned
Let me just say the last two pages have been fantastic.

It was kind of awkward how long it took the girl to take off Robb's shirt thing. They were trying to keep it passionate you can tell but it was taking forever.

/random

Dude I know, it took them way longer than it should of to get naked.

Socreges

Banned
Do you really think there is a single person here that hates every difference between the book and TV show? Is there anyone that can't admit that Osha is more interesting on the show?
Take those two sentences as being separate. Then take a deep breath. And release.

endre

Interesting. That soundtrack list also essentially confirms the speculation that the season might end with the Book 3 prologue.

How did you connect the two?

With the following?

...But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear

Also, it would be stupid of them to leave the meaning of the found riches to next season.

edit2: I need to change my avatar...

BTW Season 1 prologue was so good (in HD).

How did you connect the two?

With the following?

...But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear

Also, it would be stupid of them to leave the meaning of the found riches to next season.

edit2: I need to change my avatar...

Season 1 prologue was so good (in HD).

ASOS spoilers
I believe he's referring to the last track, "Three Blasts", which is an event from the ASOS prologue.

endre

Damnit if i can explain how I ended up with The Rains of Castamere...

edit: Read superficially from cornballer's post onward.

Nice catch and yeay!

EDIT:
scratch my yeay till further notice. What do you think? Will they end the season with the three blasts or with Sam killing an Other? I think it would be a much better ending with Sam stabbing an Other and ending it without resolution.

Lax Mike

Neo Member
A question about the next episode: (ACOK spoilers)
Are going to have Tywin head straight to King's Landing since Edmure isn't present in the series? Not only that, but within the space of one episode, they'd have to use a pretty sizable time skip if they show Tywin fighting Robb's forces at the beginning, only to somehow end up hundreds of miles away in the space of a few minutes, which would definitely confuse viewers.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Really nice to see how he, the author of ASOIAF, is not as attached to the differences as some of the people here.

This is because the fans actually care more about this series than George "Football" R. "Wild Cards" R. "Conventions" Martin does.

(Sorry, but reading too much of his blog will do that to you.)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'd hate it that way. also, they found dragonglass.
That's fine but what Jibbajabbawockky said would make for great TV and it's what I'm expecting also if they push that up from ASoS.

Are going to have Tywin head straight to King's Landing since Edmure isn't present in the series? Not only that, but within the space of one episode, they'd have to use a pretty sizable time skip if they show Tywin fighting Robb's forces at the beginning, only to somehow end up hundreds of miles away in the space of a few minutes, which would definitely confuse viewers.
I fully expect them to
have Tywin go straight to King's Landing to save the day at the end of the battle. The most we'd see is him meeting up with Littlefinger and the Tyrell's on the way to King's Landing but I doubt they'll even show that.

Zeliard

This is because the fans actually care more about this series than George "Football" R. "Wild Cards" R. "Conventions" Martin does.

Given the amount of disturbingly selfish "he needs to hurry up and finish the series before he dies" comments from the creepy ASoIaF fanbase, it's probably hard to care any deeper than that.

ACOK/ASOS
I assume they won't show Tywin at all until he shows up at King's Landing, but they will have to explain that we headed west only to be denied by Edmure first in episode 10, or in the beginning of season 3 presumingly when Robb gets to Riverrun. That is a massive action by Edmure in the War of Five Kings that if he would have done as instructed, Stannis might have taken King's Landing and Tywin's main force may have been destroyed by Robb and Edmure if he had let Tywin pass and then rode up on his rear.

The only other thing I could see happening as for showing Tywin fighting Robb's forces is if in the very beginning of the episode they show Tywin marching and they start to get attacked by Tully forces (perhaps just unseen archers launch volleys into their forces), and then perhaps you hear something about the Tully's blocking the passage into the west and you see Tywin appear to come to a conclusion in his head. Then, you see him at the end at King's Landing. Even that is quite the timeline bend, but this season of the show has taken a lot of liberties when it comes to time it takes to travel, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Given the amount of disturbingly selfish "he needs to hurry up and finish the series before he dies" comments from the creepy ASoIaF fanbase, it's probably hard to care any deeper than that.
I've seen what the writers helming this show would do without him. *shudders* For the script is bad and full of errors.

They could just have [ACOK]
Tywin show up at King's Landing coming from the north and then Loras and the Tyrell's hitting Stannis from the south. I figure thats what they'll do and maybe later they could just have Tywin say something to the effect that he was going to attack Robb but was held up by Edmure's forces which forced him to just head south to King's Landing. Or they just cut out the whole Edmure screwing everything up plot.

Having Tywin show up with Loras would be a big surprise, especially if they frame Blackwater in such a way that it seems like Stannis is on the cusp of victory only for Tywin and Loras to pull a Gandalf/Eomer at Helm's Deep and save the day

That's fine but what Jibbajabbawockky said would make for great TV and it's what I'm expecting also if they push that up from ASoS.
Thats pretty much how the prologue of ASOS ends too, on that cliffhanger.They'll probably just cut anything about [ASOS]
the planned mutiny by the Night's Watch guys until after the attack at the Fist of the First Men once everyone is battered, making their way back to Craster's Keep

I think it's clear to me that they're changing the story from the book's drastically considering that Cat has already let Jaime go. When that happened already my Jaw dropped and then I
LLShC.gif

I'm just stumped and think that perhaps we should stop comparing it to the books and think of it as a 'retelling'.

bengraven

I think it's clear to me that they're changing the story from the book's drastically considering that Cat has already let Jaime go. When that happened already my Jaw dropped and then I
LLShC.gif

I'm just stumped and think that perhaps we should stop comparing it to the books and think of it as a 'retelling'.

You ARE aware of what an "adaptation" is.

Right?

Yes.

The fans, the people that didn't create the world or characters, care about it more than its creator. You know, the guy that takes years to finish a book. The guy that wrote seven of them so far.

To assume that a fan gives more of a shit than the creator is fucking ridiculous.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
LLShC.gif

What are you talking about? That happened in Cat's last chapter of ACoK. The only difference is [ACoK]
they were in Riverrun in the book.
Other than that it's exactly the same.

Lax Mike

Neo Member
[ACOK]
Having Tywin show up with Loras would be a big surprise, especially if they frame Blackwater in such a way that it seems like Stannis is on the cusp of victory only for Tywin and Loras to pull a Gandalf/Eomer at Helm's Deep and save the day

For some reason that just reminded me: [ACOK]
Are they going to include the "Ghost of Renly" in the battle? It isn't necessary to the plot beyond the slight psychological edge it gives in the battle, and it is barely mentioned in the book. However, it could really excite and confuse new viewers if they make it believable that Renly is alive somehow (I don't know, make it a big ending "reveal" with Davos asking a soldier who is leading the reinforcements, only to hear, "Lord Renly," and cue chilling music, followed by the ship being engulfed in flames before cutting to black). I would love to see that happen, if only to see the reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom