• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Shit, that was my fault. Sorry, Thrones-GAF. I'm a fool of a Took.

I accidentally clicked that one too while scrolling down and caught a glimpse of the first few words, heh.

Probably not the best spoiler to see. That click-to-highlight mechanic has gotten me close calls in other threads.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I actually am really enjoying the series and I'm fine with all the changes they've made (except for the Tywin/Arya scenes, which were fun to watch, but not true to the characters - at least not Tywin's).

Re the blog, at this point I'm sort of past caring whether GRRM writes the last two books in the series or not. Just got finished with another reread of ADwD and it's just so evident that he's struggling to give a damn about the story. I'm just going to re-read the first three books in the series every few years and be happy with what we got.

LuchaShaq

Banned
It's a fucking television adaptation. There are a great many reasons why it's not going to be 100% like its original medium.

The fact that it's an adaptation has nothing to do with the stupid decision to have cats/robbs stupid decisions come before instead of after the "deaths" of bran/rickon.

A TV adaptation is a reason why the direwolves/dragons are sparingly used.

A tv adaptation is a reason why some battles are not shown/scaled down.

A tv adaptation is NOT a reason for that change in order of events, and NOT a good reason to eliminate Arya's killings.

3N16MA

Banned
It's a fucking television adaptation. There are a great many reasons why it's not going to be 100% like its original medium.

I don't think anyone believes that the show should follow the book 100%. It seems that this is the answer that gets thrown around anytime someone has a problem with the show. Yes we understand it's an adaption but that does not mean one cannot have a problem with some of the direction. I have said my piece about Jon and Ygritte wandering for two episodes already and it seems that what I said is coming true unless something happens by the season finale.

Jon and Qhorin's time together/relationship seems to be taking a major hit in order to build Jon and Ygritte's. [ACOK/ASOS]
When Qhorin is dead and Jon joins the wildings there will be plenty of time to build Ygritte and Jon's relationship. The only reason I can see why they chose to do this is to make Ygitte's death have more impact. Unless Qhorin and Jon are given lots of screen time in the final two episodes I have a feeling the Qhorin's death will be weak. It would be a shame considering how much Qhorin influences Jon in the next book.

A tv adaptation is NOT a reason for that change in order of events, and NOT a good reason to eliminate Arya's killings.

1) Time constraints.

2) Arya is a little kid. Plus, at this point in the story, would you really believe that Arya has the capacity to kill with her own hands?

Dudes, you can hear a sample of The National doing The Rains of Castomere (ugh, at that stupid spelling mistake) on iTunes now.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/game-thrones-season-2-music/id529669736

UNF. Can't wait to hear the full song.

I don't understand why [series spoilers]
Why The Rains of Castamere are a track in this season?

Thanks for the link btw, going to go through all the previews now.

EDIT: GODDAMN at track 6, "Winterfell". (Track from the end of this past Sunday's episode)

gutshot

I don't understand why [series spoilers]
Why The Rains of Castamere are a track in this season?

Thanks for the link btw, going to go through all the previews now.

I don't know, but I'm not complaining because it sounds pretty epic.

Someone on Twitter just told me he bought the album via iTunes and it is letting him download it despite the release date still saying May 29th (which is actually incorrect, it's been pushed back to June 19th).

So if you have iTunes, it may be worth a shot to purchase it and see if it lets you download the songs right away.

LuchaShaq

Banned
1) Time constraints.

2) Arya is a little kid. Plus, at this point in the story, would you really believe that Arya has the capacity to kill with her own hands?

1) They are going to show Robb/Cat find out about Bran/rickon eventually, time is no reason to make the scene not happen before their actions in this episode.

2) So? She isn't beating grown men to death, during the fight with yoren she is stabbing guys coming over a wall who are basically defenseless. In her escape of harrenhall she is slitting a man's throat who is bent over picking up her coin.. The fact she is young/fucked up is the reason why it's great. Again not even close to a logical reason.

Lax Mike

Neo Member

Someone on Twitter just told me he bought the album via iTunes and it is letting him download it despite the release date still saying May 29th (which is actually incorrect, it's been pushed back to June 19th).

So if you have iTunes, it may be worth a shot to purchase it and see if it lets you download the songs right away.

Thanks for the heads up! I just downloaded it. :)

Holy shit, downloading right now!

GCowD.jpg

Ah damn, now I'm going to have to get iTunes, aren't I? I'd made it so long without having to ever install it...

I always try to avoid iTunes if at all possible, but in this case I fired it right up and downloaded. I'd do it before someone realizes the mistake.

iTunes had an issue with tracks 3 and 8 however (What is Dead May Never Die and Wildfire), and was not able to download them. Anyone else have this issue?

Dany

Banned
Yeah its good :p

Off topic but SOS
not off topic but I am PUMPED for the red wedding, it is going to be so sad and terrible and soul destroying. They have really set the mood for it.

I know I just posted this, but after listening to the full version of track 6, "Winterfell" (from the end of 'The Prince of Winterfell'), wow that is a beautiful piece.

endre

stream it please

Nlroh

Off topic but SOS
not off topic but I am PUMPED for the red wedding, it is going to be so sad and terrible and soul destroying. They have really set the mood for it.

I'm wondering if [SoS?]
they're going to kill Talisa too.

Speevy

Banned
They'll need a way of <series spoiler>
reintroducing Walder Frey. I think the audience may have forgotten about him, let alone why he spells doom for Cat and Robb

Snake

Oh gosh I think I need to wait on listening to the soundtrack until I've seen it all in-show.

But this is tempting as hell.

Off topic but SOS
is it weird that 99% of my excitement for that is just so I can lurk the non-book thread for huge amounts of lulz.

Oh gosh I think I need to wait on listening to the soundtrack until I've seen it all in-show.

But this is tempting as hell.

Yeah fair warning to anyone that doesn't want to be spoiled in any way, a significant amount of the OST seems to be from the the last two episodes.

Speevy

Banned
is it weird that 99% of my excitement for that is just so I can lurk the non-book thread for huge amounts of lulz.

Series

I actually feel sorry for those not expecting it, because it flies totally in the face of a television adventure story. After the events of Season 1, people will be absolutely crushed by this.

Come to think of it, how do you prepare an audience for such a thing? People are stunned when one character dies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Series

I actually feel sorry for those not expecting it, because it flies totally in the face of a television adventure story. After the events of Season 1, people will be absolutely crushed by this.

Come to think of it, how do you prepare an audience for such a thing? People are stunned when one character dies.
I really wish you weren't spoiled about events after this season. It's such a shame.
I'm really looking forward to Larry Williams' reaction assuming he hasn't been spoiled about it.

gutshot

I really wish you weren't spoiled about events after this season. It's such a shame.
I'm really looking forward to Larry Williams' reaction assuming he hasn't been spoiled about it.

MAJOR ASOS SPOILER
He knows Robb dies. But I don't think he knows that Cat does as well or how it happens.

Big-E

SOS Spoilers
What is great with the Red Wedding is that it is soul crushing but then you get a little hope with the Viper and the Mountain that someone is finally going to pay on the Lannister side. I still think the best scene in the whole series is the fight between the two. Tyrion starts completely devastated and doomed but the Viper fights so well that Tyrion starts to get so into it and you feel it too. Just as we are about to feel a little better, it all fucking ends horribly again. This is the scene I so want them to nail but this will probably happen in season 4. I really hope they get a good fighter for the Viper and that new Mountain is decent. Old Mountain would have been better though as he was pretty imposing in his brief Spartacus moments.

Speevy

Banned
As I told you Fuzzy, surprises have minimal impact on me.

To me, Game of Thrones is just a fun series. I looked up before I watched LOTR: ROTK to see which cast members (if any) would die, but I still loved that film.

According to everyone who loves these books, there's enough richness to transcend "OMG who dies? Who wins?", right?

Yeah, I was spoiled on the big stuff, but there's still a lot of pieces I haven't fit together. It's no big deal.

Big-E

Does anyone think they're going to go through with
cutting off Tyrion's nose part?

No, series spoiler
Remember, Tyrion is also suppose to be fucking ugly and a midget. They didn't make Dinklage wear any makeup so I don't think they will do that now. For the show, him being a little person is enough in terms of his development on the show side. They don't need to compound the fact that he is ugly and that he has no nose

SOS Spoilers
What is great with the Red Wedding is that it is soul crushing but then you get a little hope with the Viper and the Mountain that someone is finally going to pay on the Lannister side. I still think the best scene in the whole series is the fight between the two. Tyrion starts completely devastated and doomed but the Viper fights so well that Tyrion starts to get so into it and you feel it too. Just as we are about to feel a little better, it all fucking ends horribly again. This is the scene I so want them to nail but this will probably happen in season 4. I really hope they get a good fighter for the Viper and that new Mountain is decent. Old Mountain would have been better though as he was pretty imposing in his brief Spartacus moments.

To me (series spoilers)
Hope was not restored until "The North Remembers".

Does anyone think they're going to go through with
cutting off Tyrion's nose part?

No, ACOK spoilers
I think he'll just get a nice scar across his face/nose.

Altazor

Same here but during that fight you get a little hope but then the fight ends so horribly you are back in depression mode.

I was pretty much fist-pumping when (ASOS/WHOLE SERIES SPOILERS)
Oberyn was kicking-ass while repeating "You raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children" (epic quote)... and then IT happened, and that huge SOB turned the tide and killed Oberyn while gloating. Godfuckingdammit, I was pretty pissed off, I must say... at least Gregor died in a very, very painful way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom