• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
SOS Spoilers
What is great with the Red Wedding is that it is soul crushing but then you get a little hope with the Viper and the Mountain that someone is finally going to pay on the Lannister side. I still think the best scene in the whole series is the fight between the two. Tyrion starts completely devastated and doomed but the Viper fights so well that Tyrion starts to get so into it and you feel it too. Just as we are about to feel a little better, it all fucking ends horribly again. This is the scene I so want them to nail but this will probably happen in season 4. I really hope they get a good fighter for the Viper and that new Mountain is decent. Old Mountain would have been better though as he was pretty imposing in his brief Spartacus moments.

I think that scene might be the past chapter in any of the books.

I liked the episode more on the second viewing, but still found myself rolling my eyes multiple times.

ALSO check out my theory: What if Cleftjaw is like, Theon's imaginary friend? So far Theon is the only person who has talked to him or interacted with him. I kind of drunk right now, but this is my theory and I stand by it.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Where's the Rains of Castamere going to show up (ACOK:
Guess it would be a good post-blackwater song
? Feel like they're going to end the season with the beginnings of the SOS:
Freys/Roose plot

Man, as a writer, it is fucking maddening to read some of the posts in this thread.

ASOIAF is my favorite novel series of all time and I'm loving HBO's adaption. Some of you really need to take a deep breath and step back from the ceaseless complaining about every little change from the book.

I agree that some of the changes have been for the worse, but the showrunners have still done an absolutely phenomenal job given the budget and, more importantly, the (novel) page count : TV episode ratio.

gutshot

I liked the episode more on the second viewing, but still found myself rolling my eyes multiple times.

ALSO check out my theory: What if Cleftjaw is like, Theon's imaginary friend? So far Theon is the only person who has talked to him or interacted with him. I kind of drunk right now, but this is my theory and I stand by it.

Someone brought that up over at WiCnet, but another commenter then pointed out that Theon would have to be telekinectic, because Dagmer drags Luwin out to see the unveiling of the burned orphans.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Someone brought that up over at WiCnet, but another commenter then pointed out that Theon would have to be telekinectic, because Dagmer drags Luwin out to see the unveiling of the burned orphans.
Or it's just like Fight Club and he was just watching himself do it.

Dudes, you can hear a sample of The National doing The Rains of Castomere (ugh, at that stupid spelling mistake) on iTunes now.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/game-thrones-season-2-music/id529669736

UNF. Can't wait to hear the full song.

the full song is very well done. i dont care for those celtic sounding other versions, they sound way too much like an irish pub song.
ASOS spoilers
Though I wonder what it'll sound like in the Red Wedding scene, the song is supposed to be sung by the musicians in the scene right? Cant sound like this version if supposed to be "live".

3rdman

I was pretty much fist-pumping when (ASOS/WHOLE SERIES SPOILERS)
Oberyn was kicking-ass while repeating "You raped her. You murdered her. You killed her children" (epic quote)... and then IT happened, and that huge SOB turned the tide and killed Oberyn while gloating. Godfuckingdammit, I was pretty pissed off, I must say... at least Gregor died in a very, very painful way.

ADWD
Gregor probably didn't die...He was gifted to Qyburn by Cersei to do as he saw fit. We assume he died because a large skull was delivered to the Martells, but it wasn't him. In fact, we were probably re-introduced to him as Ser Robert Strong at the end of Cersei's walk of shame in ADWD as Qyburn's champion.

ADWD
Gregor probably didn't die...He was gifted to Qyburn by Cersei to do as he saw fit. We assume he died because a large skull was delivered to the Martells, but it wasn't him. In fact, we were probably re-introduced to him as Ser Robert Strong at the end of Cersei's walk of shame in ADWD as Qyburn's champion.

He did die, and his head was sent to Dorne. Robert Strong is his reanimated corpse without a head.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Where the hell did I miss that tid bit????

From a Bran dream: "There were shadows all around them. One Shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them loomed a Giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood."

I'm not sure he doesn't have a head but he's definitely a reanimated corpse.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Where the hell did I miss that tid bit????
Well... that's kind of ambiguous. We don't quite know that that's what has happened. It's possible (ADWD)
the skull was fake and that Strong still has a head. That said, Strong is ALMOST DEFINITELY Gregor.

Well... that's kind of ambiguous. We don't quite know that that's what has happened. It's possible (ADWD)
the skull was fake and that Strong still has a head. That said, Strong is ALMOST DEFINITELY Gregor.

adwd
As I have mentioned before, the head sent to Dorne was the dwarf's head that those guys tried to pass off as Tyrion's to Cersei. They both had large brow ridges and were huge.

Fuzzy

Yes, please get back to how bad the show is compared to the books.
Do the ADwD spoilers have anything to do with S2? I haven't highlighted them so I don't know.

EDIT: Forgot to post this last night for anyone who wants it.

yCOEN.png

Do the ADwD spoilers have anything to do with S2? I haven't highlighted them so I don't know.

EDIT: Forgot to post this last night for anyone who wants it.

yCOEN.png

Needs more giant dong. Nah, I'm fucking, that's pretty awesome.

Yes, please get back to how bad the show is compared to the books.

Fun fact: Summer's name has never been mentioned. And I'm not sure if we've ever gotten a Grey Wind.

frequency

I think the lack of dire wolves is the only thing that really bothers me about the show. I understand why, but still...
I remember they were so cool and seemed so important in the books. Here, they may as well not exist at all.

I think the lack of dire wolves is the only thing that really bothers me about the show. I understand why, but still...
I remember they were so cool and seemed so important in the books. Here, they may as well not exist at all.

True, but can you blame Ghost for getting the hell away from Jon in the show. Dude's a dumbass.

frequency

True, but can you blame Ghost for getting the hell away from Jon in the show. Dude's a dumbass.

I admit I might actually find it funny if they just stopped showing Ghost from now on.
Then years later we can look back at the scene where Ghost is walking off on his own as his last scene. Ghost is now having his own adventures beyond the wall.

I admit I might actually find it funny if they just stopped showing Ghost from now on.
Then years later we can look back at the scene where Ghost is walking off on his own as his last scene. Ghost is now having his own adventures beyond the wall.

I have a theory on Ghost's return (which probably won't be right) ENTIRE SERIES SPOILER
We won't see Ghost again until Jon is pondering whether or not to become Lord of Winterfell.

Hope I'm wrong, because I really do like seeing the wolves for the brief seconds that they show them.

Ghost was just afraid Jon would pull a knife on him during the night when they were huddling for warmth.

Ygritte has ruined the poor boy.

gutshot

No, I found a site where they do cartoon drawings of TV characters. The only problem is that they have a watermark across them so I've been removing them and making avatars. There are 3 more GoT ones I could do (Drogo, Jon, Tyrion) but I haven't gotten around to them yet.

http://www.toonseries.blogspot.ca/search/label/Game of Thrones

These are great. Thanks for taking the time to remove the watermarks.

I really don't understand why you'd want to watermark these like this. I mean, I get why you don't want people stealing your work without attribution but isn't it better to put them out there in a way that encourages people to share them? Yeah, you may get a few assholes who don't attribute, but putting the watermark on them is basically saying, "Here are some really cool illustrations that no one will want to share because they have these ugly-ass watermarks on them."

bengraven

No, I found a site where they do cartoon drawings of TV characters. The only problem is that they have a watermark across them so I've been removing them and making avatars. There are 3 more GoT ones I could do (Drogo, Jon, Tyrion) but I haven't gotten around to them yet.

http://www.toonseries.blogspot.ca/search/label/Game of Thrones

Nice work!

To be honest, outside of a few wolf dreams and a scene or two in Storm, the wolves kind of lost their importance in the books as well.

Amy Poehler meeting NCW at the Peabody Awards thing yesterday. She's apparently a big GoT nerd and the show gets mentioned all the time on P&R.

39QGp.png

Awesome. Funny to get that tip about this version and then a few hours later we're all listening to it. Gotta love the internet sometimes.

:O That would be pretty cool.

Ghost got North of the Wall and decided to bail? :lol ACoK
Will be interesting to see if Ghost shows up for the Jon - Qhorin stuff at the end of the season. I hope he does...

Last note: Yes, the A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD** is a good choice for discussing things from much later in the series. The thread has been pretty active lately.

frequency

I have a theory on Ghost's return (which probably won't be right) ENTIRE SERIES SPOILER
We won't see Ghost again until Jon is pondering whether or not to become Lord of Winterfell.

Hope I'm wrong, because I really do like seeing the wolves for the brief seconds that they show them.
Maybe the series will have a bigger budget by then! (I have no idea how TV budgets work)

These are great. Thanks for taking the time to remove the watermarks.

I really don't understand why you'd want to watermark these like this. I mean, I get why you don't want people stealing your work without attribution but isn't it better to put them out there in a way that encourages people to share them? Yeah, you may get a few assholes who don't attribute, but putting the watermark on them is basically saying, "Here are some really cool illustrations that no one will want to share because they have these ugly-ass watermarks on them."

I kind of understand. I can't read the language on that site so I don't know their situation.
I watermark some of my stuff as samples. But I do it because I also do commissions and stuff. So it's not really about stealing/spreading the work.

To be honest, outside of a few wolf dreams and a scene or two in Storm, the wolves kind of lost their importance in the books as well.
I haven't read in a very long time, so maybe it's one of those things. My memory is bad. I probably just gave them more credit than they should get just because I think the idea was really cool.

I always pictured Ghost by Jon's side basically constantly.
Same with Robb and that's why [forget which book spoiler]
when he was being "warned" by his wolf and he didn't listen, it was more impactful when he got murdered

Note: I have not read ADWD. That MMP will come out some day!

True but... ENTIRE SERIES SPOILER
I'll bet they play big roles in what's coming up. Summer will probably just completely become Summer as he'll probably never leave where he currently is. Shaggydog on Skagos will be awesome. And the biggest of all is Jon and Ghost. Will we maybe get Ghost chapters? That'd be awesome. They've lost some of their importance, but so have the Starks. Hopefully this changes.

bengraven

True but... ENTIRE SERIES SPOILER
I'll bet they play big roles in what's coming up. Summer will probably just completely become Summer as he'll probably never leave where he currently is. Shaggydog on Skagos will be awesome. And the biggest of all is Jon and Ghost. Will we maybe get Ghost chapters? That'd be awesome.

Yeah, since (SERIES DON'T FUCKING CLICK PEOPLE)
technically all the Stark kids are wargs. I can see Rickon learning to warg on Skagos. I'd like to see Sansa start doing it suddenly - maybe she starts controlling Nymeria in the riverlands to help her protect the Vale, which obviously will cause more tension with assassin Arya when she returns. And basically every Bran chapter begins with him warging into Summer- I can see him controlling more than just Summer in the future though...we've speculated on what.

technically all the Stark kids are wargs. I can see Rickon learning to warg on Skagos. I'd like to see Sansa start doing it suddenly - maybe she starts controlling Nymeria in the riverlands to help her protect the Vale, which obviously will cause more tension with assassin Arya when she returns. And basically every Bran chapter begins with him warging into Summer- I can see him controlling more than just Summer in the future though...we've speculated on what.

MORE ENTIRE SERIES SPOILERS OF THE TYPE YOU DON'T WANT TO FUCKING READ
They can warg into whatever, so long as Martin never forces us to read about animal sex again.

Seems most of the season 2 soundtrack has found its way to youtube. Don't listen to the last track if you don't want to be spoiled, but the oooh that last track...

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

SERIES
I dunno, I wouldn't be shocked if Sansa never wargs into anything. Maybe losing Lady was a lot more meaningful than it appeared to be.

Blizzard

Banned
MORE ENTIRE SERIES SPOILERS OF THE TYPE YOU DON'T WANT TO FUCKING READ
They can warg into whatever, so long as Martin never forces us to read about animal sex again.
Regarding your spoiler (spoiler for entire series etc.),
I thought it was just referenced in regard to someone who promptly died, and didn't actually happen in the narrative of the books.

Also I guess I figured the Stark family were just controlling the wolves and would not actually turn into them, but maybe I'm wrong?

Amy Poehler meeting NCW at the Peabody Awards thing yesterday. She's apparently a big GoT nerd and the show gets mentioned all the time on P&R.

39QGp.png

This is awesome. She really does look star-struck.

I bet Tina Fey is also a big GoT fan. There have been a couple mentions on 30 Rock this season and she is good friends with Poehler IRL.

Fuzzy

Seems most of the season 2 soundtrack has found its way to youtube. Don't listen to the last track if you don't want to be spoiled, but ooooh, that last track.
Only problem with your post is anyone who has the YouTube Me Again! script installed sees the title of the track without having to go to YT.

venom2124

No joke, listen to his voice when he tells Theon that Rodrick must die. He sounds like the devil. Pretty weird.

Regarding your spoiler (spoiler for entire series etc.),
I thought it was just referenced in regard to someone who promptly died, and didn't actually happen in the narrative of the books.

Also I guess I figured the Stark family were just controlling the wolves and would not actually turn into them, but maybe I'm wrong?

While true. What was there was too much.

While I don't think that's the case. I like your idea and it's plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom