• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Content round up

8l5am.jpg

I love the casting for pod.. he's just all... This is how many fucks i give...

JGS

Banned
Said this in the other thread, but no matter what the books do (Haven't read them), Tyrion ain't dying. Nope, no way.

Book necessity is not the same thing as TV necessity. This show needs Tyrion imo about as much as it needs [most?] of the Starks alive.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
That was pretty fantastic. Only thing that I thought they could've handled better was them winning the battle. Glad we finally have an "official" version of Rains of Castamere. Just hearing gets me hyped for you-know-what.

Hope they didn't blow all the budget on the battle. I want to see some neat stuff in the House of the Undying.

way more

I'm asking this question in the wrong thread but as a GoT newbie I think the Got experts will give a better answer.

They rarely use the word "fuck" in the show but whenever they do it's in the verb form, as a synonym for "to have sex" or "rape." Is that how it's always used in the series?

Dany

Banned
Hmm, yeah it seems like it. I don't think i've read anyone say "God fucking damn it" or anything like that. The language is salty in the books though, no doubt about that.

Amir0x

Banned
Something I thought was a little odd. They made thousands of wildfire jars.. and they didnt show anyone throwing them.

they were all dumped onto that ship

nib95 said:
I do have one question. Where was evil magic women and her shadow monster? She didn't do shit to help.

In one of the previous eps, we see Stannis decide to leave Melisandre behind, thanks to Davos prodding

bill0527

Said this in the other thread, but no matter what the books do (Haven't read them), Tyrion ain't dying. Nope, no way.

Book necessity is not the same thing as TV necessity. This show needs Tyrion imo about as much as it needs [most?] of the Starks alive.

Totally agree.

I didn't start watching this show until a couple weeks ago and marathon'd all the eps on HBO GO on my xbox 360.

If Tyrion Lannister dies, this show is over. In my opinion, he's the star of the show now. I don't know what happens in the books, but they better keep him alive in TV land.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Something I thought was a little odd. They made thousands of wildfire jars.. and they didnt show anyone throwing them.
They filled a fucking ship and let it leak out onto the water as it sailed. That's a lot of "pig's shit".

JGS

Banned
I do have one question. Where was evil magic women and her shadow monster? She didn't do shit to help.
Davos didn't want her there and they outnumbered King's Landing so much they didn't think they needed her.

I though she had to get pregnant to have a shadow baby assassin.

I'm asking this question in the wrong thread but as a GoT newbie I think the Got experts will give a better answer.

They rarely use the word "fuck" in the show but whenever they do it's in the verb form, as a synonym for "to have sex" or "rape." Is that how it's always used in the series?

From what I remember, yes. It's never used alone as an expletive.

Fuzzy

Davos convinced Stannis to leave her behind so the victory would belong to Stannis instead of her. Worked out great for him. :lol

nib95

Banned
Davos didn't want her there and they outnumbered King's Landing so much they didn't think they needed her.

I though she had to get pregnant to have a shadow baby assassin.

I see. Shame. She could have helped win the battle. And she had the shadow assassin in an earlier episode!

Amir0x

Banned

"Fuck the Kings guard. Fuck the city. Fuck the king."

jett said:
good decision there, davos

haha, seriously. Davos is a good well meaning guy, but he really might have screwed the pooch for Stannis

Moaradin

Totally agree.

I didn't start watching this show until a couple weeks ago and marathon'd all the eps on HBO GO on my xbox 360.

If Tyrion Lannister dies, this show is over. In my opinion, he's the star of the show now. I don't know what happens in the books, but they better keep him alive in TV land.

Pretty sure people said the same thing about Ned. I haven't read the books, but I'm sure there will always be some new characters that we can root for.

JGS

Banned
I see. Shame. She could have helped win the battle. And she had the shadow assassin in an earlier episode!
For some reason, I thought that was a one shot thing.

You mean that sucker is still out there?! I guess this war may not be over then.

I was immediately disappointed that they didn't save Rains of Castamere for the final credits song of the season, if not something even later than that (though being on the s2 ost it was obviously going to be used this season). It felt jarring to have such a wonderfully dark and moody song played after this episode, which got me thinking... the action was big and badass and everything, and this was easily the best episode of the season so far, but did anybody feel the battle really had any "weight"? Outside of Tyrion's fate I'm not sure if I felt particularly invested in it.

Anyway. My only disappointment with the battle was that they hyped it up as a "naval" battle when it really wasn't one. The only role ships played were showing up and immediately getting wildfire'd. Thankfully the blinding awesomeness of said wildfire just about makes up for it.

I wonder if it would have been any different if HBO let them have three ships instead of one.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I agree, maybe the promo was just showing
them fighting some random people. I really want to see more Jaime/Brienne scenes together before the mummers capture them.

series
It's gonna be The Brotherhood, bank on it. They've been mentioned too many times not to be relevant, and also considering the hanging bodies and Jaime implying they had something to do with the Starks.

UraMallas

That explosion was the most bad ass TV moment I've ever witnessed when taken purely for the spectacle of it. I mean, I audibly gasped even though I knew it was coming. Amazing.

Dysun

That was better than I thought possible. Well done. Best Thrones episode to date

CoK
Here's to hoping they dont butcher Arya/Jaqen and Jon/Halfhand.

Amir0x

Banned
That explosion was the most bad ass TV moment I've ever witnessed when taken purely for the spectacle of it. I mean, I audibly gasped even though I knew it was coming. Amazing.

yeah i was expecting a tv explosion, maybe moderately better than the embarrassing one at the end of Walking Dead.

that shit was true pimp explosion, totally believable and sold the entire package. My mouth was agape when I saw it because I didn't expect it to be so crazy

yeah i was expecting a tv explosion, maybe moderately better than the embarrassing one at the end of Walking Dead.

that shit was true pimp explosion, totally believable and sold the entire package. My mouth was agape when I saw it because I didn't expect it to be so crazy

It was the kind of explosion you would see in a Michael Bay movie, but in a twisted world where Michael Bay has a hard on for green explosions.

Fuzzy

series
It's gonna be The Brotherhood, bank on it. They've been mentioned too many times not to be relevant, and also considering the hanging bodies and Jaime implying they had something to do with the Starks.
[ASoS]
The hanging bodies was straight out of the book from before they pass the Inn of the Kneeling Man IIRC. They were already hanging and Jaime says that Northern men left them hanging. I think I was over-thinking it and they may just be fighting some of the men that give chase after their escape.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
[ASoS]
The hanging bodies was straight out of the book from before they pass the Inn of the Kneeling Man IIRC. They were already hanging and Jaime says that Northern men left them hanging. I think I was over-thinking it and they may just be fighting some of the men that give chase after their escape.

Interesting that it's out of the book, thanks. I still think the Brotherhood will probably show up though.

Vyer

took a backseat to the awesome battle and green explosions, but I thought the stuff with drunk Cersei and Sansa was pretty solid.

Tywin strolled in like a boss.

Fuzzy

Interesting that it's out of the book, thanks. I still think the Brotherhood will probably show up though.
Looking it up on Tower of the Hand [ASoS]
Jaime's first POV chapter, right after the prologue: "Jaime watches the scenery roll by and beholds abandoned and ruined villages. They come across a group of women hanging from a tree, and Brienne insists on stopping to bury them. They are serving girls and whores that served Lannister soldiers. Just as they are beginning, Brienne spots a sail, and they hurry back to the boat. Jaime spies a Tully sail, and the chase is on."

That could have easily be adapted to what we saw in the promo.

Amir0x

Banned
How can one suspendered old dude write such an awesome episode. C'mon GRRM! Channel your awesome into the new books!

GRRM: "Well I would sure love to, aceface, and I will sometime soon - and when I say soon, I mean it! - but right now I have to finish what is to be my true legacy, editing more Wild Cards books. If I die before editing the next Wild Cards book, I don't think people will be able to look at my body of work the same way, whereas if I suddenly died and never finished the Song of Ice and Fire series, who would really notice anyway?"

Kuroyume

Banned
That episode was fucking amazing!

The Hound fucking killed it! :D

Green fire! Green fire! Green fire!

Also, Stannis was badass in the episode. Didn't recall him fighting in the vanguard in the books.

Bronn had some great scens.

I think Lena had her best scenes as Cersei yet.

Sansa, Joffrey, Davos... Just great all around.

The violence! Holy crap, it was excellent. People getting cut in half. Scalped. Limbs severed.

Tyrion's scar!

Renly's ghost!

The Rains of Castmere during the ending credits... So damn good.

I can't believe how well they pulled this off despite not having
the chain.

Zeliard

George R.R. Martin killed it this ep. The dialogue was fantastic. Neil Marshall was the sugar on top.

And the key to making Cersei more interesting is clearly - as it goes for many people - to get her drunk.

Fucking great episode. I'm amazed they managed to fit so much into so little space, and still have time for extra characterization for Davos, the Hound, Bronn, and Shae.

I only wish they had time to fit in Varys' story about his cutting. Guess they're saving it for later. Oh, and if they took 5 seconds to show Stannis squinting out over the battlements and whispering, [ACoK]
"...Renly?"
would have made Loras' appearance at the end much more meaningful. As it stands, I don't think it's terribly obvious for non-book readers what really happened with Tywin's appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom