• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Yotei hype check...

Where do you land on Ghost of Yotei?

• Played Ghost of Tsushima. Planning on playing Ghost of Yotei.

• Played Tsushima. Won't play Ghost of Yotei.

• Didn't play Tsushima. Planning on playing Ghost of Yotei.

• Didn't play Tsushima. Won't play Ghost of Yotei.

Results are only viewable after voting.
As a PC gamer who has only got to play PlayStation games since they started coming to PC, the intense Ghost of Tsushima love mystifies me. Most of the PlayStation games are good but somewhat overrated in my experience, but this one is just insanely overrated. It's the PlayStation game I bounced off the quickest - including Days Gone, which I actually finished even though I ended up not liking it much.

It's just a bog standard 'play 10 hours you've played the whole thing' open-world game with repeatable activities that soon become deathly boring. The visuals were pretty but in a very kind of deliberate way that felt artificial. The main character was a wet noodle, typical modern male character who gets mostly ordered around by everyone around them, including a whole bunch of typical girlbosses., stopping only to show off his ass every now and again. I can't even imagine playing through that whole game. So yeah, you could say I'm not too hyped for the sequel lol.

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
As a PC gamer who has only got to play PlayStation games since they started coming to PC, the intense Ghost of Tsushima love mystifies me. Most of the PlayStation games are good but somewhat overrated in my experience, but this one is just insanely overrated. It's the PlayStation game I bounced off the quickest - including Days Gone, which I actually finished even though I ended up not liking it much.

It's just a bog standard 'play 10 hours you've played the whole thing' open-world game with repeatable activities that soon become deathly boring. The visuals were pretty but in a very kind of deliberate way that felt artificial. The main character was a wet noodle, typical modern male character who gets mostly ordered around by everyone around them, including a whole bunch of typical girlbosses., stopping only to show off his ass every now and again. I can't even imagine playing through that whole game. So yeah, you could say I'm not too hyped for the sequel lol.
If not complete garbage, all exclusive console games are overrated and overhyped. Even timed 3rd party ones.

Good but overrated is the perfect description for many Sony exclusives. I still plan to play the original Ghost (and the sequel), but have bounced off twice so far. Same with Last Of Us - I want to like them, but struggling.

Highly derivative, particularly Ghost - they definitely played Origins and Odyssey a lot (both of which I love)…

Good but overrated is the perfect description for many Sony exclusives. I still plan to play the original Ghost (and the sequel), but have bounced off twice so far. Same with Last Of Us - I want to like them, but struggling.

Highly derivative, particularly Ghost - they definitely played Origins and Odyssey a lot (both of which I love)…
I'd rate the majority of Ubi open-world games I've played above GoT - especially the older ones that still have badass main characters.

Topher

Gold Member
I'd rate the majority of Ubi open-world games I've played above GoT - especially the older ones that still have badass main characters.

I've been a fan of most AC games, but personally I think GoT takes that Ubisoft formula and elevates it beyond what Ubisoft has been able to do. I think a lot of it has to do with setting though. Sucker Punch did a fantastic job highlighting the culture of Japan as well as the fantastic environments. I can't really say the same about Ubisoft's games. They do a good job recreating the region, but then they create caricature characters based on it's history like Da Vinci and Socrates that have me cringing most of the time.

But to each their own. Not every game is for everyone.

ZqcxTHA.png

Today's reminder that while Resetera doesn't represent reality in any way, neither does NeoGAF

MonkD

Loved Tsushima. But female protagonist in a game like this puts it at the bottom of my list. Don't give a shit if it's woke or not, I just don't get into it as much. Will pick it up during a sale down the line. Looking forward to multiplayer.

BlackTron

Wait so this games lead is voiced by Godot's community manager? :messenger_fearful:

Ngl I gave them the benefit of the doubt at first just for using a woman character. It wasn't historically accurate in Jet Li's HERO when a badass woman blocked hails of arrows with her sleeves and some qi, but it was cool so I didn't care. No reason a woman can't be in a game like this unfortunately it would only happen to pander of course. Oh well it's joever guys.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
S

So it’s assassins creed? Genuinely asking because own it but haven’t played yet. Heard so many good things about it was excited for the Pro to play it

FrankWza

I don't know which GoY thread was best to bump with this so I took a shot.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Outrage farming. Game isn't even out, so no one has a clue what the story is or if it's pushing any agenda. Prejudging and getting offended at any slight, just like era.

It's insane. Others call it outrage marketing too. It's all the rage now. It's the only way some influencers and known rich people know how to get people on their side. They have to enrage people first, then ask them to join their newsletter or subscribe.

Top Bottom