• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
So I never played Rock Band...like ever...

I bought GH3 and GH Metallica back in the days and loved it...

I'm kinda tempted to find a cheap copy of RB3 on 360 to play all the Iron Maiden songs and maybe some other DLC I might be interested.

My biggest issue with the idea is that I really don't want to plug my 360 back.

I could do it with RB4 in theory but the game is expensive and I don't want to buy another guitar.

Amplitude gave me the rhythm music bug again.

Heimbeck

Banned
I feel like Dan doesn't really understand money, despite the fact that he provides for himself

I feel like Dan doesn't really understand anything.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was that guy in off-topic who didn't file their taxes and hasn't paid their student loans.

Guitar Hero Live looks a pretty solid cheap option.

No idea how much it is elsewhere but I've seen places selling it for £49 here which is about the cost of a new release.

The GH Live channel would probably scratch an itch even if you don't like the core game tracklisting.

I feel like Dan doesn't really understand anything.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was that guy in off-topic who didn't file their taxes and hasn't paid their student loans.

nah, he said he takes his taxes somewhere to be done, which honestly, is probably the smartest thing someone with his understanding of finances could do. if the concept of a mortgage is baffling,
I know that and a lot of this could be played up for entertainment
, it's too risky to try to do them yourself.

I bought. Can't wait.

cOf74I0.gif

To quote one of my favorite Decemberists songs, we both go down together.

Megasoum

Banned
Guitar Hero Live looks a pretty solid cheap option.

No idea how much it is elsewhere but I've seen places selling it for £49 here which is about the cost of a new release.

The GH Live channel would probably scratch an itch even if you don't like the core game tracklisting.

Yeah but the Iron Maiden part is crucial for my interest in going back to a rythm game. Looking at the RB DLC list they have a very good Maiden selection.

If my GH3 guitar would work on RB4 then I would probably go that way.

Yeah but the Iron Maiden part is crucial for my interest in going back to a rythm game. Looking at the RB DLC list they have a very good Maiden selection.

If my GH3 guitar would work on RB4 then I would probably go that way.

The GH3 guitar will work as long as you are going from 360 to Xbox One or PS3 to PS4 I believe.

You need a dongle for Xbox.

I always said I'd preorder an Oculus Day One. But between the price, the wait-and-see situation with the Vive, and the fact that I just ordered a Pixel C to replace my aging Nexus 10, I'm holding off on the preorder.

Zaph

nah, he said he takes his taxes somewhere to be done, which honestly, is probably the smartest thing someone with his understanding of finances could do. if the concept of a mortgage is baffling,

Yet apparently he's doing fairly well with stocks...

Given up trying to understand Dan, I just enjoy the end result.

I always said I'd preorder an Oculus Day One. But between the price, the wait-and-see situation with the Vive, and the fact that I just ordered a Pixel C to replace my aging Nexus 10, I'm holding off on the preorder.
I ordered as soon as it went up just because they don't charge for two months so I can always cancel if the Vive ends up launching earlier or being a better proposition. Although I wouldn't likely cancel, I'd let it arrive and then sell it on ebay :p

Yet apparently he's doing fairly well with stocks...

Given up trying to understand Dan, I just enjoy the end result.

pretty much. it's the unpredictability that keeps him so entertaining. that sewing needle thing on the bombcast was something

also I ventured into OT long enough to see this and promptly closed the tab again

CzaOd8K.png

pretty much. it's the unpredictability that keeps him so entertaining. that sewing needle thing on the bombcast was something

also I ventured into OT long enough to see this and promptly closed the tab again

CzaOd8K.png

So I decided to see what the married topic was about, because I was morbidly curious, and the dude is acting like his wife catching him masturbating is a bad thing. Which is weird for someone married for so long (nine years) to be saying but w/e.

The other one is basically a horny teenager.

There, now no one else has to go to OT to find out about those particular topics.

To be fair, he has his book sales and stuff, so it's not like he has a straight 1040 to deal with.

Heimbeck

Banned
So I decided to see what the married topic was about, because I was morbidly curious, and the dude is acting like his wife catching him masturbating is a bad thing. Which is weird for someone married for so long (nine years) to be saying but w/e.

There, now no one else has to go to OT to find out about those particular topics.

Too late.

Thanks stump sock

Oh. That reminds me.

Dan. If you ever get a pimple on the t-zone of your face again, DON'T burst it whatsoever.

Many of the blood vessels in that area can drain to your brain and cause an infection. It's rare, but it can be fatal.

Either go to your doctor or leave it unpopped.

Bowlie

Banned

Saved Me Two Clicks

I can only feel bad for people in those marriages where for some reason sex is still awkward.

I know someone whose marriage fell apart partially due to the fact that she wasn't interested in sex but felt like her husband was emotionally cheating on her or something by whacking it

people are weird

The spoiler in the married one is creepy as fuck.

We don't want to know about your boner dude.

jaina

Wait it's over a thousand dollars to get Oculus in Europe? Is the duty fee really that high?

That's a shitty response from Palmer though.
I've seen another twitter screenshot in the Oculus thread where Palmer says the international prices include customs (@PalmerLuckey: All the international prices are essentially the converted US price+required taxes, customs fees, etc.)...
don't know which tweet to believe.
If duty applies it is that high, yes. (Percentage is a bit lower on low value stuff)

why do you know all these people
Stump has been around for a while, nothing more necessary

Heimbeck

Banned
giphy.gif

While I can afford getting one, it's going to take alot of convincing to make me drop 600$ lol. So, you're saying most people are going to drop 600$+ to play sub 2 hour games that feel like arcade games?

What is it about PR people that make them give out shitty responses?
Saying this makes me want one less, just because fuck you for clearly not giving two shits.

Zaph

[IMG ]https://media.giphy.com/media/xyPmHxOoIc9Hi/giphy.gif[/IMG]

While I can afford getting one, it's going to take alot of convincing to make me drop 600$ lol. So, you're saying most people are going to drop 600$+ to play sub 2 hour games that feel like arcade games?

[IMG ]https://media.giphy.com/media/L8XuphFGqlSfe/giphy.gif[/IMG]

Okay, that's super weird. It's very unusual for a company to sell a product using the local currency and not have the local taxes baked in. Usually if you're importing something and get hit with custom fees, you bought it with $.

I think there's some crossed wires here.

Edit: Yup, the guy has it wrong. When you change your locality to UK/EU, the notice that "Taxes are not included" disappears. The price you pay is the price you pay.

Dineren

Banned
Wait it's over a thousand dollars to get Oculus in Europe? Is the duty fee really that high?

I'm thinking Palmer just made a mistake, I find it hard to believe that Oculus wouldn't have dealt with that prior. I imagine he is just losing patience with people on twitter and firing off tweets without thinking. At least I hope that's the case.

popo

Guy said 1000 euro. It will depend on the country but germany, for example, charge (according to google) 14% import and 19% sales tax on imported electronics.

So $600 = 570 euro with about 200 euro in taxes plus whatever shipping costs.

So that kotaku UK article I quoted is bull if it assumes, lie I did , that when they listed available countries it meant they all shipped within those countries. Shipping from the US fucks everyone outside of the US.

popo

I'm thinking Palmer just made a mistake, I find it hard to believe that Oculus wouldn't have dealt with that prior. I imagine he is just losing patience with people on twitter and firing off tweets without thinking. At least I hope that's the case.

I mean that it why you have PR, they are trained to handle people.

Palmer could well undo all the good will he has earned in the last few years if someone doesn't slap the phone out of his hands and reset his twitter passwords :D

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
boy, i sure look forward to all this vr talk in the next couple months. yeeeup.

Sometimes I find myself wishing VR would fail miserably, and then when I ask myself "why" it's so I never have to hear the words "You really have to experience it" or some variation thereof, promptly before they talk about VR on a podcast for 30 fucking minutes anyway.

Dave compared the Rift to the 3DO on twitter.

which is good news for me because that means I can pick one up in near-mint condition for $40 in 15 years

assuming i'm not dead yet

Sometimes I find myself wishing VR would fail miserably, and then when I ask myself "why" it's so I never have to hear the words "You really have to experience it" or some variation thereof, promptly before they talk about VR on a podcast for 30 fucking minutes anyway.

I would like them to stop mostly out of envy. haven't tried any VR yet and it's been like the longest gaming hardware blueballs i've ever had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom