• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

neshcom

Banned
The MLG deal just reminds me of the esports talk on Beastcast this week. I suppose Activision has money to bet on MLG long-term and it behooves them to promote their esports however they can, but forcing esports feels lame, especially when it's funded by the publishers.
#ethicsinesportsjournalism

edit: o hai top of page. I'll try to do you proud
zjoeuYe.gif

popo

Anyone have a ballpark on how long it will take them to finish MGSV? I think even Drew is about ready for it to end.

Vinny AND Alex are going to take vacations.

Only one of those is a bad thing. Seriously though, I like Alex but he is not a bottleneck for recording stuff, as long as they take separate weeks.

Vinny being the sole video guy is good in that almost every video has Vinny. Flip side is the possibility of no video without Vinny to run the gear.

Was the bombcast canceled?

yes

Is my monitor haunted? it keeps changing the brightness automaticially

yes, or do you have any energy saver or time of day dimmer programs installed?

Megasoum

Banned
I need to try Jade Empire someday.

I remember trying it once on Xbox back in the days and not really liking it...

How's the PC version? Widescreen? Controller support?

I need to try Jade Empire someday.

I remember trying it once on Xbox back in the days and not really liking it...

How's the PC version? Widescreen? Controller support?

I'm pretty sure it has widescreen support, and I think it's one of the first games with native Xbox controller support on PC. It seemed alright for the hour I played of it recently.

And it's currently free on Origin if anyone that didn't know is interested.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/free-games/on-the-house

I just listened to the improv episode of the beastcast and really enjoyed it, I think I'd play a game like that with friends over something like D&D. I hope they eventually go back to it or another game like it, I liked that it was a story that wrapped up in one episode rather than part of a series.

He did? He was talking about seeing the common highlights and stuff on Kindle I thought.

I don't remember that but the kindle version i had didn't have any issues with the images. And we all know that Dan is thrifty + knowing that those images tend to be warped/broken/missing in pirated copies of books makes it a pretty easy assumption to jump to

I don't remember that but the kindle version i had didn't have any issues with the images. And we all know that Dan is thrifty + knowing that those images tend to be warped/broken/missing in pirated copies of books makes it a pretty easy assumption to jump to

Odd, my images on kindle are always super tiny and divided between pages. Always thought it was just a kindle thing. Though I have never used the kindle app on an actual kindle.

popo

Is Jeff getting a free Oculus? I know he has a DK1 but I can't remember if he backed it or just bought it off the site afterwards.

He impulse-bought a $1000 curved television yesterday.

Came to GB from Gamespot.

A friend of mine back then turned me onto Gamespot back in 2006 or so when broadband was finally popping up here.

Catching up on Goty casts, did they ever get around to doing the bloodborne weapon of the year category they mentioned they were gunna do the next day? I don't remember seeing it in any of the write ups

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Catching up on Goty casts, did they ever get around to doing the bloodborne weapon of the year category they mentioned they were gunna do the next day? I don't remember seeing it in any of the write ups

No, I assume the category spot that Jeff mentioned just turned into best clicker/idle.

How is Pinball Arcade? I went to a pinball joint in Austin yesterday and was shit so I want to practice before going back and it has a lot of the tables on display there.

Xater

How is Pinball Arcade? I went to a pinball joint in Austin yesterday and was shit so I want to practice before going back and it has a lot of the tables on display there.

Pinball Arcade is great. Best digital pinball around. Personally prefer it on the iPad because playing a table in portrait mode is more natural than what it looks like on a TV.

I can't even recall when I first started following GB, it was around 2011 or 2012 around when I started listening to more podcasts. I feel like it was around when Patrick broke his arm, but it could have happened well before that and I'm just remembering that moment.

Pinball Arcade is great. Best digital pinball around. Personally prefer it on the iPad because playing a table in portrait mode is more natural than what it looks like on a TV.
My monitor can be displayed in portrait mode so hopefully the PC version has support for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom