• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guns N Roses tour to be announced within days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coins

Banned
This is being reported everywhere.

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-reunion-tour-to-be-announced-shortly/

After months of endless rumors, cryptic tweets, and nipple pasties, Dish Nation is reporting that the reunion of the original lineup of Guns N’ Roses will be announced in a matter of days. The band will supposedly announce a festival circuit before launching an ambitious world tour.

I don't know how I feel about this. I'll go anyway. Slash and Duff are professionals. I'm either going to see greatness or a fucking train wreck and I'm ok with either.

axl-rose-then-and-now.jpg

If he can just accept his limited vocal range and let the band be as tight and awesome as they should be I would be interested.

If he's going to spend the whole time struggling for past glory then I want no part of it.

zerotol

Banned
If they pull this off, it would be a miracle. And I'm not even a fan of the band. There's obviously a shitload of money to be made, so I wouldn't be surprised if they attempt it. But it's a gamble and Axl is the wild card. I predict a train wreck.

liquidtmd

Banned
No thanks. Still a fan but on entering my mid 30s I just can't be arsed with the probable ridiculous cost of the tickets that touts all buy up anyway versus the odds of:

- Axl actually showing
- The gig actually starting on time
- Axl not being a dick
- Axl actually sounding reasonable
- 50% of the crowd not being drunken, rowdy, fighty twats

I'm getting old I guess

Clegg

The original line up? That's ok I suppose. I was looking forward to the follow up to Chinese Democracy which has supposedly been ready since that album came out 6/7 years ago. Probably never see it now though.

Always bothered me how that's not even close to reggae. Pretty close to ska, but the lack of on-the-upbeat accents and oompa-loompa bassline make it sound like polka. But definitely not reggae.

He just wanted Reggae. That doesn't mean he ever got it. :)

Maybe they whole reason for this tour is to finally give Axel his Reggae.

CloudWolf

album so garbage people already forgot it actually came out

I haven't listened to it in ages, but I remember liking it a lot.

Also, people paying for GnR shows are silly. Be prepared to wait an hour or two for Axl to show up. I still remember when he was supposed to perform in Amsterdam and still had to take his plane from Heathrow when the show was supposed to start.

Kuros

Axl will fuck it up somehow. Options:

No showing or turning up 2 hrs late.
Announcing half way through the tour he only wants to play Chinese democracy tracks.
Eat himself to death.
Botox injection gone wrong leads to tour cancellation.

Metalmarc

I want to see this, because it's likely to be a wreck, it's like you know you shouldn't look, but morbid curiosity gets the better of you.

Plus they will be the most dangerous (old) band on the earth, or not.

Kuros

I want to see this, because it's likely to be a wreck, it's like you know you shouldn't look, but morbid curiosity gets the better of you.

Plus they will be the most dangerous (old) band on the earth, or not.

Eh, assuming it's Slash, Izzy, Duff and possibly Matt Sorum as Adler doesn't seem to be liked by the rest of the band it would be tight as hell. They're pretty much all t totallers anyway.

Axl on the other hand...

FinalD

I'm actually more of a Slash guy, but after seeing a very good GnR tribute band a couple of weeks ago I'm a bit of a fan of the band right now. To be honest I could also do with a little less Myles Kennedy (Slash singer). So yeah, I approve of this reunion.

I haven't listened to it in ages, but I remember liking it a lot.

Also, people paying for GnR shows are silly. Be prepared to wait an hour or two for Axl to show up. I still remember when he was supposed to perform in Amsterdam and still had to take his plane from Heathrow when the show was supposed to start.

Somehow I'm picturing the rest of the band on stage, thinking something like "okay we'll just wait here".

Kuros

I'm actually more of a Slash guy, but after seeing a very good GnR tribute band a couple of weeks ago I'm a bit of a fan of the band right now. To be honest I could also do with a little less Myles Kennedy (Slash singer). So yeah, I approve of this reunion.

Somehow I'm picturing the rest of the band on stage, thinking something like "okay we'll just wait here".

A year in the half of the life of Metallica features their train wreck of a tour with GNR right when they were falling apart. The difference in professionalism and respect for their fans is pretty plain to see.

No thanks. Still a fan but on entering my mid 30s I just can't be arsed with the probable ridiculous cost of the tickets that touts all buy up anyway versus the odds of:

- Axl actually showing
- The gig actually starting on time
- Axl not being a dick
- Axl actually sounding reasonable
- 50% of the crowd not being drunken, rowdy, fighty twats

I'm getting old I guess

Axl was showing up on time a ton on their last tour.

Don't mind him getting back with the original band, but I want him to release some of the stuff he was working on. I absolutely loved Chinese Democracy.

He just wanted Reggae. That doesn't mean he ever got it. :)

Maybe they whole reason for this tour is to finally give Axel his Reggae.
I mean, the man was not provided with the reggae he clearly asked for. You can see why they haven't been tight in years; you can't leave a man who just asked for reggae up on stage with his dick in his hands like that.

Ridley327

While the appearance jokes are expected, Axl has mellowed out quite a bit and is a lot better about keeping on task than he used to be. Granted, if this a big reunion tour, there are factors at play with regards to his history with the rest of those guys that make things a bit more unpredictable, but what's a GNR tour without some suspense?

FyreWulff

Probably have some giant rider on the contract that states that Axl doesn't need to show up for them to keep touring and can bring in a replacement singer without him being able to veto.

Basically show up or shut up.

amar212

Let us say Axl and Slash found their middle-ground.

But.

Izzy. I find hard to beleive he'd want to perform.

Steven. Poor guy, I am not sure can he even perform.

Would love to happen, but I see many obstacles, even if A&S are like brothers now.

Kama_1082

Banned
I remember seeing them and Metallica during their super tour. The entire concert was over 6 hours long. You can probably guess why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom