• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge |OT| Plan, Build, Share

Massively annoying bug.

So a map I've been working on for months suddenly has one section of the floor that makes you invulnerable to grenades.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sikamikanico/video/17266685

I've deleted everything and rebuilt, used different pieces, everything I can think of. Nothing works. Happens in both Forge and Customs.

Anyone experienced this?

ALSO - Map Testing tonight @ around 1930BST
That looks like a problem with the cylinder piece's collision data. Perhaps it extends further than the polygons, effectively shielding you from the explosion. I used to have bullet collision problems with those pieces until they fixed them.

That looks like a problem with the cylinder piece's collision data. Perhaps it extends further than the polygons, effectively shielding you from the explosion. I used to have bullet collision problems with those pieces until they fixed them.

I'll try deleting the cylinder completely. Thanks dude.

NOKYARD

Massively annoying bug.

So a map I've been working on for months suddenly has one section of the floor that makes you invulnerable to grenades.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sikamikanico/video/17266685

I've deleted everything and rebuilt, used different pieces, everything I can think of. Nothing works. Happens in both Forge and Customs.

Anyone experienced this?

ALSO - Map Testing tonight @ around 1930BST
Try using the tallest version of that cylinder. Might not work if there is a room under there.

Another suggestion is to embed a small Grid so it's one unit under the floor in that area.

[edit] it's in Tom French's In Box.

Try using the tallest version of that cylinder. Might not work if there is a room under there.

Another suggestion is to embed a small Grid so it's one unit under the floor in that area.

[edit] it's in Tom French's In Box.

You're the best.

I've removed the cylinder, no change. What did appear to fix it, was changing the height of the name location volumes so they no longer intersect with the floor. So strange!

NOKYARD

You're the best.

I've removed the cylinder, no change. What did appear to fix it, was changing the height of the name location volumes so they no longer intersect with the floor. So strange!

Check the small platform where the plasmas spawn. Grenades didn't work there when i tested.

What are the odds we can get a good sized customs lobby going tonight? I haven't played a single custom game in Halo 5 and haven't played any cool Forge maps other than what's in the playlists, I'd love to see what's going around.

My gamertag is superNESjoe.

Detective

Guys, am new to forge and have a noob problem.

The respawn system. I can't get it to work. Spent 6 hours building the map. Everything is great exept for the spawn. When one die,he does not respawn unless the other guy walks by a specif place.
We want to play it as cpt , ffa or slayer.
Only two can spawn. The rest just waits.

Have tried to search for a guide and I couldn't find it.

I also did the animations. Intro and outro of teams. Also the map intro, but that doesn't show, it shows only the team intro.

Help me Forgers :)

Guys, am new to forge and have a noob problem.

The respawn system. I can't get it to work. Spent 6 hours building the map. Everything is great exept for the spawn. When one die,he does not respawn unless the other guy walks by a specif place.
We want to play it as cpt , ffa or slayer.
Only two can spawn. The rest just waits.

Have tried to search for a guide and I couldn't find it.

I also did the animations. Intro and outro of teams. Also the map intro, but that doesn't show, it shows only the team intro.

Help me Forgers :)

So you need to have initial spawns (the ones with a Spartan attached) as well as normal spawns. For FFA, initial spawns should be set to spawn order 2, and team initial spawns should be coloured for the specific team.

You can then place normal spawns throughout the map. Leave them as neutral. Hope that helps!

Karl2177

So you need to have initial spawns (the ones with a Spartan attached) as well as normal spawns. For FFA, initial spawns should be set to spawn order 2, and team initial spawns should be coloured for the specific team.

You can then place normal spawns throughout the map. Leave them as neutral. Hope that helps!
To add to this, when placing respawn zones, place the zone for red team on the blue side of the map, and then vice versa for blue team. This is because all respawn zones have a base value that is negative for some reason.

Detective

Yeah, I have initial spawnS and spawn point across all the map. Nothing helps. :/

Detective

To add to this, when placing respawn zones, place the zone for red team on the blue side of the map, and then vice versa for blue team. This is because all respawn zones have a base value that is negative for some reason.

Aha... I will try that. Thanks bro.

Detective

Do I have to set the respawn to team blue and red?

When I die, I don't respawn unless the enemy walks by me. Am going crazy lol.

Karl2177

The issue is actually going to be in your custom game settings. Select your game type and then go into settings and down to respawn. Then switch visibility check to off. I'm 99% sure this is the problem.

I would appreciate that bro.

Add me. Exquter.

The map name red blue. WIP so don't laugh :)

Loaded it up, only issue I could see is your spawn zones weren't actually covering your neutral spawns, fixed and saved as "Thingymajig" in my files.

Tested CTF and slayer and was able to respawn after death.

Detective

The issue is actually going to be in your custom game settings. Select your game type and then go into settings and down to respawn. Then switch visibility check to off. I'm 99% sure this is the problem.

I will try that. Thanks bro :)
Loaded it up, only issue I could see is your spawn zones weren't actually covering your neutral spawns, fixed and saved as "Thingymajig" in my files.

Tested CTF and slayer and was able to respawn after death.

So it worked? Am glad. Gonna test it when am home from work.

Not sure I can visualize what you did right now, But Am sure am gonna see it right away once I load up the map :)

Me and my friends gonna have an awesome time in this. :)

CTF, Or sniper no zoom. lol.

Really appreciate it :)

I will feedback :D

Karl2177

Did an art pass on half of the map. Tried to clean up as many of the block textures as I could. There's still a few areas that I want to clean up, but overall pleased with how the first half went.

rToqJVn.png

Glass

Did an art pass on half of the map. Tried to clean up as many of the block textures as I could. There's still a few areas that I want to clean up, but overall pleased with how the first half went.

Really enjoyed this map, looking forward to trying it again with the new looks.

Detective

Loaded it up, only issue I could see is your spawn zones weren't actually covering your neutral spawns, fixed and saved as "Thingymajig" in my files. Tested CTF and slayer and was able to respawn after death.
Hey, Thanks for the help BTW. I have tried it now, And its the same problem. No respawn unless I do what Karl says, Visibility check off. So it works when I do that :) But When I play FFA, People spawn Right next to me and not on other spawn available spawn points , And thats killing the FFA match for us. When playing team VS team, we spawn in front of each other, which is great, But also enemy spawn next to me .

Do I have to Visibility check off??

Thank you bro, what do you think about it though? :p

My first map, We are having lots of fun with it. Snipers, Or FFA. Its getting messy with all the kills and action nonstop since its small and round :D

Made some upgrades to it, Its called now RB4 :p
Appreciate the help and the feed back :)

Thanks karl :) Appreciate it :)

Karl2177

Hey, Thanks for the help BTW. I have tried it now, And its the same problem. No respawn unless I do what Karl says, Visibility check off. So it works when I do that :) But When I play FFA, People spawn Right next to me and not on other spawn available spawn points , And thats killing the FFA match for us. When playing team VS team, we spawn in front of each other, which is great, But also enemy spawn next to me .

Do I have to Visibility check off??

Thank you bro, what do you think about it though? :p

My first map, We are having lots of fun with it. Snipers, Or FFA. Its getting messy with all the kills and action nonstop since its small and round :D

Made some upgrades to it, Its called now RB4 :p
Appreciate the help and the feed back :)

Thanks karl :) Appreciate it :)
When you say people are spawning next to you in FFA, do you mean that they are spawning on the team points instead of the neutral points? If that's the case, set the neutral spawn points' spawn order to 2. This should somewhat fix the enemy team spawning next to you. If you kill an enemy on their side of the map, it weights their death more than it weights an enemy position, which has been a problem since Halo 4.

Detective

When you say people are spawning next to you in FFA, do you mean that they are spawning on the team points instead of the neutral points? If that's the case, set the neutral spawn points' spawn order to 2. This should somewhat fix the enemy team spawning next to you. If you kill an enemy on their side of the map, it weights their death more than it weights an enemy position, which has been a problem since Halo 4.

I have two sides, Blue and red. I have spawn points around the map. Neutral.
The spawn volumes is sett on opposite side. Red blue blue red and draged to the middle.

Like I said, Am a noob. My first map so bare with me please :D

When I kill someone across the map or in the middle, They spawn next to me. Red or blue. Not on the middle.

I hope my explanation is making sense :)

Karl2177

I have two sides, Blue and red. I have spawn points around the map. Neutral.
The spawn volumes is sett on opposite side. Red blue blue red and draged to the middle.

Like I said, Am a noob. My first map so bare with me please :D

When I kill someone across the map or in the middle, They spawn next to me. Red or blue. Not on the middle.

I hope my explanation is making sense :)
Can you take a screenshot in Forge of the initial spawn points and respawn points? I'm 100+ miles from my Xbox right now so I can't go in and look at the map.

nillapuddin

oh man what a joke, can you believe maps like this get into matchmaking. this joker has a red tertiary color on a blue base object, lololololol. wow check yourself before you wreck your self.

ddOIVfzl.png

jk nok, just thought Id let ya know. also on blue satelitte there are red railings

nillapuddin

Im kinda confused on the inclusion of the simple building blocks, its really great that they added them. but the sizes all seem very strange to pick out. I hope they expand on them further

also, i dont think any of maps matter enough to go and add the textures : /

but they do look great, im completely swamped so i hardly ever get to just play or forge around, but I cant wait to see the fruits of this update

also, karl the map you keep showing off looks awesome

Im kinda confused on the inclusion of the simple building blocks, its really great that they added them. but the sizes all seem very strange to pick out. I hope they expand on them further

but they do look great, im completely swamped so i hardly ever get to just play or forge around, but I cant wait to see the fruits of this update

also, karl the map you keep showing off looks awesome
At least add the Brute Plasma Rifle to your Turf remake bud.

nillapuddin

At least add the Brute Plasma Rifle to your Turf remake bud.

good catch, Ill do that

I was looking at Turf last night, I just love that map. If other peoples versions are "better" or whatever then so be it. I love the simplicity, the whole map doesnt even break 780 objects. Ive always prided myself on being efficient and I like the aesthetic, even though nobody else does lol.

I had a really fun idea for a retexture last night, but the LOD system for lights I realized is making me put it on hiatus. If lights were activated from just a litttttttle farther Id have a cool map : /
if you want to creep look at 'kxp' in my files

Karl2177

Forgot to post this here also. Lol

testsession-20150514-small.png

ForgeGAF test session; Saturday May 14, 2016 @ 1PM EDT(5PM GMT)

So there are a handful of maps that the community has been working on and this is our chance to get some more playtest data. The three maps shown in the banner are the three maps I will be focusing on for this session, but more can and possibly will be played. For the three focus maps, I will be running 3-4 matches on them. The first will be Slayer, just to get people oriented with the maps. The remaining gametypes will be chosen by the map author(whom I will be contacting tomorrow[5/10]).

condemnedalpha.png
The first map is Condemned Alpha by JDHarbs. It's a remake of Condemned from Halo Reach. There are only a few differences from the original version but the most notable is the interior room no longer having decreased gravity.

ethereal.png
The second is Ethereal 1.1 by Sikamikanico. It's an original design with architecture loosely inspired by Halo CE. It uses long sightlines and unique angles to provide a different spin on Halo 5's gameplay.

intercession.png
The third is Intercession Bravo by Karl2177. It's a remake of a Forge map that he made in Halo 4 with some slight modifications for Halo 5's faster gameplay. It uses a variety of jumps that can give skilled players advantages.

So there are going to be anywhere from 5-7 slots available for you guys. I just ask that you respond to this post if you are planning on attending. There will also be alternate slots in case there are no shows. I will reserve 2 slots for the map authors so that way they can bookmark the film themselves, but if they decline the spot will open up. These spots are on a first come first serve basis.

1. Karl2177
2. [Sikamikanico]
3. [JDHarbs]
4. Nokyard
5. Zeta Ori

Alternates
13+.

NOKYARD

Some may already have the textures. I was going to edit one of my RTX courts, which used 64' blocks for the floor, and found the floor blocks were already transferred to the new blocks. All i had to do was choose a texture/colour combo and save. Court looks GREAT now.

4. Nokyard

Sorry. Visitors from out of town.

Karl2177

Got home last night, but pretty much went straight to Netflix and bed. Load up my map this morning and the lighting is all kinds of messed up. I'm gonna have to completely redo my lighting across the board. Sucks that an update can completely screw up a map like that.

nillapuddin

Got home last night, but pretty much went straight to Netflix and bed. Load up my map this morning and the lighting is all kinds of messed up. I'm gonna have to completely redo my lighting across the board. Sucks that an update can completely screw up a map like that.

oh no :(

nillapuddin

Forgot to post this here also. Lol

testsession-20150514-small.png

So there are a handful of maps that the community has been working on and this is our chance to get some more playtest data. The three maps shown in the banner are the three maps I will be focusing on for this session, but more can and possibly will be played. For the three focus maps, I will be running 3-4 matches on them. The first will be Slayer, just to get people oriented with the maps. The remaining gametypes will be chosen by the map author(whom I will be contacting tomorrow[5/10]).

condemnedalpha.png
The first map is Condemned Alpha by JDHarbs. It's a remake of Condemned from Halo Reach. There are only a few differences from the original version but the most notable is the interior room no longer having decreased gravity.

ethereal.png
The second is Ethereal 1.1 by Sikamikanico. It's an original design with architecture loosely inspired by Halo CE. It uses long sightlines and unique angles to provide a different spin on Halo 5's gameplay.

intercession.png
The third is Intercession Bravo by Karl2177. It's a remake of a Forge map that he made in Halo 4 with some slight modifications for Halo 5's faster gameplay. It uses a variety of jumps that can give skilled players advantages.

So there are going to be anywhere from 5-7 slots available for you guys. I just ask that you respond to this post if you are planning on attending. There will also be alternate slots in case there are no shows. I will reserve 2 slots for the map authors so that way they can bookmark the film themselves, but if they decline the spot will open up. These spots are on a first come first serve basis.

1. Karl2177
2. [Sikamikanico]
3. [JDHarbs]
4. Nokyard
5. Zeta Ori

Alternates
13+.

btw im down to help out if need a player, wasnt sure if Id be home or not but Im dickin around in forge atm

Top Bottom