• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

I'm waiting for the Giantbomb writeup. Followed by the discussion on the Bombcast.

Their beta coverage was awful, pretty much anything I've ever watched from there is awful. Not like they're alone though.

Oh, it's quite obvious game balance isn't a concern to many here. There are still some who care.

The balance in this game never existed, the majority of the people in this thread stopped caring about Halo Reach over a year ago. We even axed the Reach OT!

TheOddOne

78268-haters.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Every gun in Reach has massive bullet magnetism. You can fire the ZBNR at someone's crotch and get a headshot. The ZB and crouched 85% DMR/NRs near the same. The unmodified DMR and NR have strong magnetism like that. Even if the AR has that much, it's still not headshot capable. We're playing an FPS with joysticks after all.
Actually the bloom in combination with the bullet magnetism makes the bullets of the DMR trail more down as you spam more, so in that sense you can manipulate bloom, but it's not always accurate(because bloom.)

Booshka

Pffft. What does Jeff Gerstmann (however you spell his name) know about Halo?

Who cares, he's entertaining.

I don't expect all the game's media to be "fragging like pro's" in Halo MP, they have to play and cover dozens of games a year. Hard to get good at one game's MP when you only play it for a few hours then move on to the next new game.

GhaleonEB

Havok

I don't expect all the game's media to be "fragging like pro's" in Halo MP, they have to play and cover dozens of games a year. Hard to get good at one game's MP when you only play it for a few hours then move on to the next new game.
Yep.

I don't expect any of you guys to know the minutia of Blitz 2000 or Smash TV, but he does.

Turns out not everybody spends hours a day reading a Halo forum and not even a single sentence of their coverage is aimed at people who do.

Ramirez

I'm not asking them to be good at the game, I'm asking them to be good at covering the game. It's their JOB! IGN calling Zealot a Midship remake or whatever is just...wat.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just got the Albany MLG map pack download schedule from Killa KC. Looks like I'm going to be putting in 12 hours in one day to help out lol. They will be providing pizza and sandwiches too which is cool. I'm hoping we get to LAN!

edit: Apparently if we don't fall behind schedule, we will be LANning! YES! Gonna be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom