• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep!

Played Avalanche Heavies just now. Its still Halo 3!

We might jump on Reach in a little bit though, not sure exactly.

We're also considering getting a Halo 2 XBC game going, depending on how many rooms are up currently.

Dear lord...

Post if a group is getting on Reach, I guess I should get some work done in the meantime.

Halo 3 really should get a playlist consolidation. Fyre, your post on Waypoint looked good to me.
Ship it

So I tried playing Halo Reach with a couple of my buddies, and it didn't suck as much as it usually does. It still sucks though, haha.

In other news, I hope this car insurance ad at the top of the page never goes away. You know why! hahaha

Booshka

If anyone needs another player for Reach send me an invite. I'll be playing Dark Souls in the meantime (as always) but I'll get on Reach if I get an invite.

Fuchsdh

Just finished the last non-rank-based Halo 3 achievement. Took three days of just mashing veto to finally get Longshore for some Ghost kills. Team Mythic has around 18 people when I'm on. Playlist aggregation is necessary at this point, although with the bad voting system it's going to make getting decent maps even worse.

What I realized playing through CEA is that gameplay-wise I haven't been a fan of many of the changes, but the other additions--campaign scoring, skulls, map selection voting, UI--are leaps and bounds ahead of the older titles. I can only hope Halo 4 keeps the strong progression alive.

Dunno. I've been so lost in Skyrim the past few months I'm not even sure what's out there. Which is partly why I could use a hand. Something not MLG, but beyond that, I'm easy.

Well you sir, just narrowed it down to 25 options!

I think my time will be better served getting some work done currently, but if there is a large GAF party rolling MM in a bit, I might hop on.

FyreWulff

Multi Team Halo 3 would be great, but as bobs99 can attest it's another thing to actually be put on the same team when you go in with a party of 2.

Havok

Dunno. I've been so lost in Skyrim the past few months I'm not even sure what's out there. Which is partly why I could use a hand. Something not MLG, but beyond that, I'm easy.
Shoot me an invite when you're ready to play and we can go into Anniversary Big Team or something. Low stress environment.
Why are a bunch of people on tonight of all nights. And right after I packed my xbox too. Jerks.
Unpack. Play. You know you want to.

Havok

Internet chooses the perfect time to go haywire. I'm hoping it's fixed now. The snow here might have messed up my backwater cable provider worse than I though.

heckfu

Banned
his_mind%20blown.gif

I had no idea the magnetism was that strong.

T2JVs.jpg

zap

I'm sure that Frankie posted something along the lines of, "We have thought about looking at Halo 3, but remember that if playlists were consolidated there would be a lot more quitting."

GhaleonEB

Did ONI for the BOB challenge, thinking the other Campaign one was for 25k, not 250k. Whoops.

Going back to Reach after Skyrim is interesting. I've been playing a game where when you press in one direction, you go that way, and when you stop, you stop. Reach's player momentum is so very strange and soupy by contrast. More than anything else in Halo 4, I wish to be agile and freed from that soup.

My matchmaking experience consisted of this: hopping in BTB, getting some big very open circular Forge World map. I climb on the Mongoose inside our base and get instantly sniped off of it, moving maybe six feet. I eject the game and put Skyrim in, so that I can play a game that does not punish me for playing it.

Things haven't gotten better since I've been away...

Did ONI for the BOB challenge, thinking the other Campaign one was for 25k, not 250k. Whoops.

Going back to Reach after Skyrim is interesting. I've been playing a game where when you press in one direction, you go that way, and when you stop, you stop. Reach's player momentum is so very strange and soupy by contrast. More than anything else in Halo 4, I wish to be agile and freed from that soup.

My matchmaking experience consisted of this: hopping in BTB, getting some big very open circular Forge World map. I climb on the Mongoose inside our base and get instantly sniped off of it, moving maybe six feet. I eject the game and put Skyrim in.

Things haven't gotten better since I've been away...

jcfa4.gif

GhaleonEB

http://i.imgur.com/jcfa4.gif

I had adapted. I've since been away long enough that I need to adapt back. Conceptually, I want to, but the times I've dipped my toes in Reach's waters late have reminded me how hard it is to leap back into the pool when you've been chilling in the hot tub.

zap

I had adapted. I've since been away long enough that I need to adapt back. Conceptually, I want to, but the times I've dipped my toes in Reach's waters have reminded me how hard it is to leap back into the pool when you've been chilling in the hot tub.

Thought about going back to try Halo 3 again?

The matchmaking times are surprisingly quick and the games are a lot of fun.

Ramirez

Quick MM times is not how I would describe it. I was averaging about 4-5 minutes in social slayer, and it usually matched me up with the exact same people, lol.

Sorry for being an non social pleb, my wife was in the room working.

zap

Quick MM times is not how I would describe it. I was averaging about 4-5 minutes in social slayer, and it usually matched me up with the exact same people, lol.

Sorry for being an non social pleb, my wife was in the room working.

Really? It may be the times I am playing (around this time actually), but matchmaking for the last few weeks is probably around 1min or 2 max in social slayer. Yes, we get the same peope every once in a while, but it's perfectly playable in my experience.

I'm about to get on Halo 3 now actually, if anyone is interested in playing (note I am in NZ so there could be connection issues depending on how far away you live), flick me a message.

GT: nzapster

Havok

It depends on the playlist. We had a hell of a time finding people in Social BTB.

If you can get past the awful (awful awful) connections, it's still a great game.

GhaleonEB

Skyim made me smile this evening.

I was tumbling down the river catching fish near Markarth, my current quest completed, when I spotted the dragon perch marker on my map. I hop out of the river and start snaking my way up and around the mountain, approaching the perch from behind. I reach the mountain peak and realize I've over shot it - the occupant of Dragontooth Crater is a couple hundred feet directly below me. I fire up my Become Ethereal shout, leap off the mountain peak, and plop down right in front of the Frost Dragon, landing a surprise opening blow.

I handle him quickly enough, it being that I'm rocking all enchanted ebony gear with a mean mace and some nasty poisons, not to mention firing up my daily ability to double my damage output for a brief spell. I bash his face in one last time, then loot the still warm corpse.

He's carrying the requisite dragon bones and scales. And also, 343 gold.

Havok

Good games tonight with everyone in the party, at least once my connection stopped breaking. Even with the really silly gametype weightings, probably the most fun I've had with Reach in a good long while.

The Gauss Hog is very broken.

So is Trueskill.
My matchmaking experience consisted of this: hopping in BTB, getting some big very open circular Forge World map. I climb on the Mongoose inside our base and get instantly sniped off of it, moving maybe six feet. I eject the game and put Skyrim in, so that I can play a game that does not punish me for playing it..
Did my invite not go off? Sounds like you met Trident, would have almost certainly had more fun in Anniversary BTB with us.

Booshka

Reach MM seems like it is either boring when you are stomping on a team or frustrating when you are losing or in a close game. Maybe we're all bitter assholes that just get angry, but I think it's more to do with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom