• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankie denies the podcast info is real, and yet ignores the rumor suggesting Halo 4 is being revealed at Spring Showcase.

Halo 4 info coming this week: Confirmed.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
That was referring to the podcast.

edit-
Wait what post are you talking about?

this... i think

Set your hype levels appropriately.

Yes, there is a new Sparkast going out today along with the latest Bulletin.

Yes, the special guests are Josh Holmes & Kiki Wolfkill.

No, there isn't a huge blowout of specific information.

As I said earlier, set hype levels appropriately.

but yeah, i too believe that is sparkcast related and not spring showcase related

They are talking utter nonsense.

Sometimes the truth isn't good enough....

DarkKnight48BurnLetter.jpg

feel

Frankie quoted me without the edit there, what if he only read until the part where I mistakenly said the guy played it and dismissed the rest of the post completely??

And David said they had to re-record part of the podcast, I wonder if he's lying and they were actually recording a second podcast to be released this week post-reveal??

ibhry0hvPv8GSC.gif

And... this is my last one "Zombie killing medal"... that's almost 100 medals I got in two days so if the HaloGAF leaderboards become real in the future we'll have some neat assets already.

I'll be adding some minor new assests
no more golden dildos, I promise
now and then but the original medal templates are all there, lots of combinations.

If you have some neat ideas or would like to suggest me something just PM me ;)

op_ivy

I heard Gilbert Gottfried was the new master chief and Fran Drescher was the confirmed last minute replacement for Cortana.

Tru7h

gilbert, and his laugh, would make an amazing halo installation monitor

Frankie quoted me without the edit there, what if he only read until the part where I mistakenly said the guy played it and dismissed the rest of the post completely??

And David said they had to re-record part of the podcast, I wonder if he's lying and they were actually recording a second podcast to be released this week post-reveal??

ibhry0hvPv8GSC.gif

Guys, if we all believe hard enough...

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/2/29/2832408/seven-years-in-the-xbox-360s-lineup-in-2012

Frankie talks:
It’s about the games
Kinect may have extended the Xbox 360’s life, Xbox Live Arcade titles may forecast its future, but as always it is the games that remains the console’s lifeblood. And no series is more easily identifiable with the Xbox and the Xbox 360 than Halo.

"I think that Halo has been at the heart of both platforms, and will continue to be," said Frank O’Connor, Halo franchise development director at 343 Industries Studios. "The delicate difference is that in the case of Halo 3 and Xbox 360, it wasn’t a launch title. That’s an accident of chronology and production, but again, when Halo 3 arrived soon after the launch of the Xbox 360, it arrived with really interesting and compelling new ways to play and share content socially. Really it was about converting this giant sci-fi world into a clean, well-lighted space that even new players could navigate and enjoy."

When Halo first arrived on the Xbox it delivered innovation through the minutia of dual-stick control, solidified the conventions of multiplayer and gave gamers a big, explorable environment.

"These weren't radical inventions," O’Connor said, "they were cleanly evolved, logical extensions of systems and experiences people had played for years on PCs and consoles."

Halo 2 brought with it a push into online gaming and an evolution of gameplay. Halo 3, the first on the Xbox 360, increased the fidelity of the imagined worlds of the Halo universe and gave gamers new ways to share their own take on Halo gaming.

Halo 4 and its Reclaimer storyline, O’Connor promises, will continue to evolve the series.

"We’ll have lots of cool stuff to share about Halo 4 in the coming weeks and months," he said, "and we hope that people can see that we’ve managed to strike a careful balance between honoring what makes Halo great to begin with, and innovating incrementally and radically to expand and improve the experiences people have come to know and love, but welcoming new players with open arms and sharing an incredible world and an incredible adventure with fans old and new."

While Halo 4 promises to provide a deeper story and more exploration, O’Connor says it will remain a shooter.

"Certainly there will be huge emphasis on sandbox, exploration and renewed and enhanced emphasis on storytelling, but the addictive heart of Halo is still there – moment-to-moment combat that’s going to be just as challenging against real-life opponents as fictional sci-fi ones," he said.

The game will also continue to expand upon Halo Waypoint, the free service that allows fans of the game to track their in-game experiences outside the world of Halo. And, O’Connor says, there are no plans to follow in the footsteps of Call of Duty Elite’s premium content and start charging for that service.

"Halo 4 will feature deeper integration with Waypoint than any previous Halo game, and we have long-term plans to continue growing and evolving the experience in new and innovative ways. That said, we have no plans to charge players to use Waypoint beyond the standard Xbox Live Gold subscription needed to access the service."

Any planned evolution of Waypoint to include more ways to connect and share with friends, perhaps with other online services like Facebook, Twitter or YouTube, are purely speculative, and O’Connor said they aren’t quite ready to talk about that. "But we’re excited to reveal more soon," he added.

Halo 4 will be Microsoft’s biggest Halo to date, said Steve Beinner, director of marketing for Microsoft Studios Core Games.

"I’m confident Halo 4 will remind everyone why that is one of the most iconic and enduring game franchises," he said.

op_ivy

posted by BADNED, who runs forzacentral and is a bit of an insider on all things forza...

BADNED said:
Don't expect to here much from the event now. It is a closed press only event and not for the public. Pretty much everything shown there is under embargo. Some tiny stuff might leak, some stuff will be officially revealed on Monday to the public and the rest at a later time.

so, halo 4 stuff *may* release Monday, but in all likelyhood i'd bet its going to be one of the bits released "at a later time"

reinforced by Frankie a few posts above..

Frankie said:
"We’ll have lots of cool stuff to share about Halo 4 in the coming weeks and months,"

How many clips have you gotten so far Duncan?

So far I have clips from 12 different people. Some have submitted multiple clips (which is good) so the actual number is higher - I don't have that number on me right now though.

-------
I'll let everyone know when I've downloaded the files to my Xbox so they don't keep taking up space in your File Shares.

feel

I don't think that they meant the Spring Showcase. The context of showcase in this article is "line-up". But I can be wrong.

Oh.. yeah I think you got it right. They seem to be assuming in the opening paragraph that everything exclusive will be at the showcase.

That sidebar in that interview has a list of games that it says are at "Some of the games of showcase 2012" and Halo 4 is the first one listed.

This:
"We’ll have lots of cool stuff to share about Halo 4 in the coming weeks and months"
Does not mean this: "We aren't going to show anything for weeks."

It means this: "We're going to spread the news out over multiple weeks."

The quote isn't confirmation or denial of anything new - if Halo 4 info comes out on Monday we'll know that it's just the first wave of many that will come over the course of multiple weeks. Business as usual.

Relax.

There must be something coming very soon.
It would be extremely poor community management to allow this rumor to spread for over a month, not only throughout gaming news websites, but also on their own halo waypoint forums.

I know the most of us definitely want some gameplay stuff. Hell everyone wants. But the article has some nice little tidbits which I think a very interesting.

Yeah I saw your post, but I don't think they would have said "Showcase 2012" if they weren't talking about an event by the same name.
I haven't read the opening but:
This week, press from around the world journey to San Francisco to spend a day immersed in much of what will shape the Xbox 360 in 2012. They'll have a chance to see and play a cross-section of the games that will hit Microsoft's console over the next 12 months.
Yep. Halo 4 is definitely there but it doesn't mean we will get information next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom