• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Powerhouse is tolerable? *Shakes fists*

Sword Base, Countdown, Zealot and Boardwalk shit all over that terrible map.

Powerhouse is the best map in the game.

Sword Base and Boardwalk are hands down some of the worst Halo maps.

Honestly, are we playing a different game lol?

TheOddOne

Powerhouse is the best map in the game.

Sword Base and Boardwalk are hands down some of the worst Halo maps.

Honestly, are we playing a different game lol?
Honestly in regards to all multi maps for all the Halo's, then yeah Sword Base and Boardwalk can be counted as the worst Halo maps. Speaking of Reach only, two of the better maps.

Overdoziz

Banned
My Countdown Sword/Shotgun experience goes something like this:
Sword, there it is, shining like a beacon on the bridge. I sprint like a gazelle to grab it as DMR shots whizz uselessly by. Now I am a golden glowing god for a minute or two.

Shotgun, I dashed into the lift chamber because everyone forgot about it. Now I have it. Up we go. Wheeee! BLAM BLAM BLAM NADE teamshot dead.
1. Grab Shotgun
2. Camp
3. Win

It really is impressive/interesting to have zero leaks so far regarding Halo 4. Even companies that are notorious for being tight lipped (apple) have leaks.

Congrats 343.

I like Countdown a lot actually, but its not my favorite compared to past games. Reflection can be a lot of fun also IMO. Reach definitely has a lack of good maps though, Boardwalk is not fun at all, it doesn't really even feel like a MP map.

Also, I don't get the sword hate. Its a blast to use and mostly easy to take down if you are careful.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It really is impressive/interesting to have zero leaks so far regarding Halo 4. Even companies that are notorious for being tight lipped (apple) have leaks.

Congrats 343.

You mean congrats 343, 343's PR and marketing guys, and the events folks too. And luck. And so far.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
My Countdown Sword/Shotgun experience goes something like this:
Sword, there it is, shining like a beacon on the bridge. I sprint like a gazelle to grab it as DMR shots whizz uselessly by. Now I am a golden glowing god for a minute or two.

Shotgun, I dashed into the lift chamber because everyone forgot about it. Now I have it. Up we go. Wheeee! BLAM BLAM BLAM NADE teamshot dead.
Having two close range power weapons, smh. Don't do that unless you know how to close in on people.

Powerhouse is tolerable? *Shakes fists*

Sword Base, Countdown, Zealot and Boardwalk shit all over that terrible map.
0Zaar.gif

GhaleonEB

Touch wood.

No need to tell HaloGAF that, we're on it.

Forerunner rank get, accomplished via the weekly Challenge payout. Unless Firefight gets some love in an update in the month or so, that will probably be my final Reach rank. I thought I'd get all the way through them at this time last year, but the mode I love hasn't been updated substantially in a year. (I know, I know.)
I got money on late Sunday evening, from Europe.

Some small (French) site is probably going to post their story early, to drive traffic. They may claim an 'oops', maybe a some 'confusion' about the embargo deadline, etc. Seems to happen often with Halo stuff.

No need to tell HaloGAF that, we're on it.

Forerunner rank get, accomplished via the weekly Challenge payout. Unless Firefight gets some love in an update in the month or so, that will probably be my final Reach rank. I thought I'd get all the way through them, but the mode I love hasn't been updated substantially in a year.
You reached the Forerunner rank. DAMNIT! I want to be a fat kid until Halo 4 comes out. I have to play.

Some small (French) site is probably going to post their story early, to drive traffic. They may claim an 'oops', maybe a some 'confusion' about the embargo deadline, etc. Seems to happen often with Halo stuff.
I have zero idea how that stupid french website continues to get early access to info from MS after leaking their shit time and time again.

It's insanity.

The default map list was pretty bad, huh? Remember 'Invasion'? That was a cute idea.

I enjoy Countdown, Powerhouse, Zealot, and Reflection fine, but none of them are classics that way, e.g., Lockout was. And Halo 3 ended up with 4v4s as good as The Pit and Citadel.

I think the only Reach map that would break into a series top ten for me is Tempest.

Fracas

#fuckonami
My pointless rankings of default Reach maps that nobody will read:

Decent group
1.(Best in Reach)Powerhouse
2.Over's map/Asylum (Over's is better)
3.Zealot
4.Boneyard
5.Countdown (would be one of my favorites, but that power weapon placement is pathetic)
6.Spire

How in God's name did this get past quality assurance
7.Boardwalk
8.Sword Base
9.(Worst, kill this map with a flaming stick)Reflection

IMO Reach is the worst Halo in terms of map quality.
Oh and Over, I should be able to have all those clips for you by Tuesday/Wednesday.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
My pointless rankings of default Reach maps that nobody will read:

Decent group
1.(Best in Reach)Powerhouse
2.Over's map/Asylum (Over's is better)
3.Zealot
4.Boneyard
5.Countdown (would be one of my favorites, but that power weapon placement is pathetic)
6.Spire

How in God's name did this get past quality assurance
7.Boardwalk
8.Sword Base
9.(Worst, kill this map with a flaming stick)Reflection

IMO Reach is the worst Halo in terms of map quality.
Oh and Over, I should be able to have all those clips for you by Tuesday/Wednesday.

I think I threw up a little. Boneyard and Spire better than Boardwalk and Reflection?

GhaleonEB

I think I threw up a little. Boneyard and Spire better than Boardwalk and Reflection?

I kinda sorta understand the hate for Reflection, so long as it's contained to certain contexts. That game last night with the jet packing crew was basically Exhibit A for how jet packs turn a good map into a bad one, and a fun game unpleasant. But otherwise, yeah. When played as intended it's a great map.

I will never understand how Boneyard came to be, in Campaign or Multiplayer. It has potential, but in both settings that potential is not well utilized.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Haha yeah, but not much. Outside of the top 3, there's not much of a quality gap. Reflection's power weapon placement is weird. Putting a rocket launcher (I believe it was said by someone here it shouldn't even be in matchmaking, and I agree completely) and a sword on a small, enclosed map is insane. I'm not even joking, at least half the times I play on Reflection, the other team takes Active Camo and camps behind corners with the power weapons. As for Boardwalk, it's the flow of the map. The middle of the map is essentially no man's land; there are no power weapons to fight for there, so everyone stays around the edges, and slayer matches typically end up in cross-mapping DMR battles. Although I will admit that Boardwalk is growing me on a little bit as of late.

I would say they are equally as bad personally. If they are slightly better that's still not saying much considering how low down the ranking scale they still are. I was never a huge fan of Ivory Tower though.

With most games I have maps I look forward to playing, okay maps, and crappy maps. With Reach okay maps are at the upper end of that scale, and even then those maps are just average. The majority of the maps fall into the crappy maps category.

The DLC was a lot better than the disk stuff though, it has to be said.

I kinda sorta understand the hate for Reflection, so long as it's contained to certain contexts. That game last night with the jet packing crew was basically Exhibit A for how jet packs turn a good map into a bad one, and a fun game unpleasant. But otherwise, yeah. When played as intended it's a great map.

I will never understand how Boneyard came to be, in Campaign or Multiplayer. It has potential, but in both settings that potential is not well utilized.

I think Boneyard was designed for Invasion, in typical multiplayer it doesn't work and it certainly wasn't that great for Campaign either.

Karl2177

Spartan Skirmish on Boneyard is some fun shit. That said, it's still shit. Honestly I would only throw Powerhouse, Countdown(sans weapon placement), and Boardwalk(also sans weapon placement) into the okay maps. Everything else falls under "how the hell did this get past QA?"

Can a power supply's little green light still glow even if its fried?

I think the winds killed the PSU on my 2nd computer downstairs when it cut the power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom