• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone that wants friends send an invite to my girlfriend? She's painfully low on battle.net friends to talk to and spectate and duel. She's not really "hooked in" to a community like GAF.

Trandra#1220

Sent one too.

If anyone else wants to add another to their list, my tag is Breakfast#1558.

Celegus

Well, my luck with GvG was pretty crap. I've opened 284 packs since it released. I ended up opening 9 legendaries. However, 4 out of the 9 were Flame Leviathan. My last pack before I go all in on TGT tomorrow and I get that beautiful orange glow. I'm thinking I lucked out with one last legendary before I move on to the next expansion and it's another goddamn Flame Leviathan. I want to cry...

That's painful. Hope your TGT luck is better! I mean, it can't be worse!
Pack of 5 spider balls incoming.

Maximo

Thread from the Hearthstone Forums, makes sense or just insane ramblings?

"5pm AEST - which is 00:00 PDT

The opening capability of cards are controlled client-side so if you change your phone's clock to 00:00am PDT 24th you can already open the packs but you can't rotate the cards as that part still needs released from server-side. You can also craft new cards this way except when you confirm the craft of new card by clicking out, you will get error message that cards can't be crafted yet.

In other words, they already programmed the packs release at 00:00 24th and this confirms that the packs can be opened exactly as soon as it is 24th"

Roughly 5pm Sydney time when the new quest usually roll in.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
went to fatigue with malylock and got added/called a lucky bitch for the 2 reduced soulfires killing him even it was a standard 33% discard.

meanwhile he had tirion up before and owl was the actual last card of my deck but heeeeeey.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Took this from rank 9 to rank 5 on a single streak:
TemifPV.png

I don't think everyone can duplicate the results because you really need to believe in the heart of the cards to pilot this deck. All those one-offs are to maximize top-dicking.

But if you want a painless path to rank 5 in the next 7 days you might as well go with this list.

Forgive me padre for I have sinned.

zoukka

Haha had a priest quest and I did it on ladde rank 5. Not a single loss in the five games I played, if you guys are sad about Eboladin just whip out priest and troll the fuck out of them :)

Haly

Can confirm that priests and healadins are my weakness. I can finish 3 games in the time it takes them to win 1, though, so it balances out.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Haha had a priest quest and I did it on ladde rank 5. Not a single loss in the five games I played, if you guys are sad about Eboladin just whip out priest and troll the fuck out of them :)

The new Midrange Druid variant with all the taunts worked very well against them too. I was always happy to see a Paladin.

Papercuts

I played midrange pally up to 5 and never really had issues with the aggro pally, face hunter was always way more annoying to fight for me.

Aside from a bunch of teched in harrisons that hit me I felt the climb was pretty alright with it. Didn't seem patron that much and the influx of mech mage was great to see, especially with the fel reavers.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I played midrange pally up to 5 and never really had issues with the aggro pally, face hunter was always way more annoying to fight for me.

Aside from a bunch of teched in harrisons that hit me I felt the climb was pretty alright with it. Didn't seem patron that much and the influx of mech mage was great to see, especially with the fel reavers.

I was going to ask why, but I see there's a new TempoStorm Meta that ranks it at 2.

Law

Neo Member
For Brawl this week I got Hunter over 85% of the time. At first I wasn't a big fan but after being forced to play many games with it I really started to enjoy the deck/cards. I really wanted to try out the Mage more since it was a lot of fun.

Otherwise I have not played much Hearthstone in the past year. Been saving up coins to get around to finishing the Aventures to get the cards. I guess I could spend some money but I already spent a lot on Hearthstone back when it first came out. Although it looks like it will take a while to fully catch up the rate I am going especially with the new expansion about to come out.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
brb netdecking

Basically it runs a ton of cheap mechs, dumps the secrets in favor of constantly playing creatures, and abuses the fact that there isn't a ton of control around to bully aggro to death.

The Fel Reavers dealing 8 damage a turn cause a lot of problems for aggro especially, since you've already put out a pretty sizable amount of damage with the early game minions, and Snowchugger shuts down their weapons.

squidyj

Basically it runs a ton of cheap mechs, dumps the secrets in favor of constantly playing creatures, and abuses the fact that there isn't a ton of control around to bully aggro to death.

isn't that a lot like how very early iterations of mech mage worked?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
isn't that a lot like how very early iterations of mech mage worked?

Yes, the deck is pretty similar to how it used to be. The issue it had was board clears from a more control heavy universe.

In a world where everyone is rushing face like mad though, often with divine shields on their heads, this is less of an issue.

This is also why I'm more positive on The Grand Tournament than many. There are enough cards in there that are super annoying for aggro that I feel slower archetypes will be more workable again, simply because less people will be incentivized to run face.

To be useful, a deck doesn't need to beat a specific archetype, it just needs to have a high winrate.

Papercuts

I was going to ask why, but I see there's a new TempoStorm Meta that ranks it at 2.

I should really look into it more to just try and counter what it lists because it clearly has a big impact on how people spec their decks.

Haly

I met a Paladin playing secrets and Mad Scientist during my last minute climb.

That dude must've been so excited for Mysterious Challenger.

squidyj

I'm trying to watch ratsmah VoDs and it doesn't want to let me, does copyrighted audio just kill the entire VoD now or wtf?

CRS

Grand Tournament will probably open up in the morning PST if past expansions are to be taken into consideration. So anywhere from 8 to 11 AM PST.

Hopefully I'll be able to get past Rank 4 playing Control decks. Should be able to win most jousts if I can get my low cost minions out first.

I'm trying to watch ratsmah VoDs and it doesn't want to let me, does copyrighted audio just kill the entire VoD now or wtf?

Twitch started muting videos and portion of videos if they contain copyrighted music, yes. Only way to watch the full video is if the streamer recorded the feed on their end and uploaded it to YouTube or if someone else recorded the stream (which is pretty common for popular streams)

Also, if anyone would happen to have an extra half off code, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Xanathus

I would suspect it's still another 10 hours until TGT goes live. Supposedly moving your clock forward to that time is when they unlock.

Yeah, that's the earliest possible time for the cards to unlock because the client is programmed not to unlock until that exact time. Both the server and client need to allow it so it's possible for the unlock to be delayed till *after* that time though I doubt they'll have a delay. The only way it could get unlocked earlier is if they push out another client patch which obviously isn't going to happen this late.

squidyj

Grand Tournament will probably open up in the morning PST if past expansions are to be taken into consideration. So anywhere from 8 to 11 AM PST.

Hopefully I'll be able to get past Rank 4 playing Control decks. Should be able to win most jousts if I can get my low cost minions out first.

Twitch started muting videos and portion of videos if they contain copyrighted music, yes. Only way to watch the full video is if the streamer recorded the feed on their end and uploaded it to YouTube or if someone else recorded the stream (which is pretty common for popular streams)

Also, if anyone would happen to have an extra half off code, I'd greatly appreciate it!

no I mean the video won't load, I was going to mute his annoying ass anyways and just compare picks/plays.

CRS

Oh, huh.

Try opening the video in a different browser. I haven't really watched Twitch archives lately so no idea if something changed. Maybe something is wrong on twitch's end since the video should play regardless if copyrighted material was played or not.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Haly, how are you winning with a deck with that many 1 offs? The heart of the cards only goes so far in the face of statistics.

Haly

Heart of the cards > Statistics

If I were being more serious, however, I'd say that my deck is built for maximum volatility. Which means I'm never truly out, and my opponents wind up underestimating what I'm capable of.

But, in all seriousness, it was just heart of the cards. Ask procarbine. He was watching me rip Divine Favor off the top of the deck against Patron, Hammer of Wrath for perfect lethal, Truesilver for lethal, Blessing of Kings for lethal. Whatever card I needed, I could pull it off the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom