• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Someone tell me why Tavern Brawl matches take so long this week. You've got one card at the beginning. Use it to get a minion. If you can play it, play it. If you can't, don't. I don't know why I see the fuse every single match.

New card:

W04xDnn.png

Why?

People hardly use Demonfire/Demonheart as is, only seen them used in that Mistress of Pain deck. You also cant use it to damage an enemy, what a piece of shit.

Wonder if the downside is too much. Seems like it would be pretty crazy on a Mistress of Pain or Imp Gang Boss. But at that point why not just run Demonfire.

Dahbomb

The fact that it's Demon only means that you can't use it on that new 3/4 Legendary.

Like it might've been OK without the negative penalty. Then it would've been comparable to Demonfire at least:

452.png

You are getting +1/+1 stats but not the option to deal direct damage with the spell which IMO would've been fine.

This card was simply not necessary in the Warlock arsenal. It's boring, doesn't promote a new playstyle/deck and cards similar to this already exist.

A poor man's Arcane Golem.

I was just thinking this. It's less attack, so it's worse at finishing than Arcane Golem, and it can't be played straight from hand without prior set up because you have to have a demon on board ready to attack to get any value from it. I thought they learned from earlier cards like Felguard and Succubus that these cards with a crippling draw back for a minimal gain are just unplayable. They were doing well with cards like Imp Gang Boss, Floating Watcher, Mistress of Pain, and Mal'Ganis on making demon cards that are just good cards. Dark Bomb has been great for Warlock, and Demonwrath has a place in Demonlock, bu this is just useless.

gutshot

Wonder what the stats or mana cost of this card would have to be to make it playable despite that drawback. +5/+5? 0 mana?

Dahbomb

Wonder what the stats or mana cost of this card would have to be to make it playable despite that drawback. +5/+5? 0 mana?
It being targetable on an enemy minion for damage AND it being able to buff up non Demon minions (both you and your opponents so you can play some BGH plays).

Like you could maybe then use it as a secondary Darkbomb or use it to buff up your Nerubian Egg in Zoolock.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Clearly it intentionally bad to nerf all the cards that give you random spells.

I don't think you would even want to pick this in arena.

Xanathus

I mean, this card is so bad you can't even say that it's "Good Enough for Arena™". I can see why they didn't want to make arena only give TGT packs because these are the lowest value packs in Hearthstone.

Dahbomb

Clearly it intentionally bad to nerf all the cards that give you random spells.

I don't think you would even want to pick this in arena.

I mean, this card is so bad you can't even say that it's "Good Enough for Arena™".

1049.gif

I definitely think this card is bad for arena. It's a conditional demon only buff on top of that not being targetable on enemy minions. And if that wasn't bad enough...... it gives your opponent a mana crystal...

This might in fact be the worst card of the set thus far. Like all the other cards had some niche usage or were at least Good Enough for Arena™ but nah this card is just straight up awful.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Alright alright, I got it.

Soul Swap
Exchange your mana crystals and your hand with your opponent's.

Boom, Demonfuse/Felguard/Arcane Golem/Succubus meta is here.

Raxus

Meanwhile I have to imagine the priest card in my head. Chances are even if it sucked it would be better than this drivel.

I seem to have bad habit for voting for the losing card.

Parshias7

Now I'm not suggesting they cherry pick the 20 best cards from the set and reveal them all at the start, but Jesus Christ Blizzard, how are you expecting to sell people on pre-ordering the set with this crap?

Pooya

well, you could hit that on voidwalker or flame imp and they would be pretty good. It's not really that terrible, it's just that zoo doesn't run demon buff cards like these.

edit: and yeah, arcane golem is just better at finishing than this, this is probably meant for early control and aggro not a finisher.

embalm

That really is a bad card. It can't be picked in Arena either. The other demon buff spells have optional damage uses and no down side. Why on earth is the downside of this so harsh?

Dahbomb

well, you could hit that on voidwalker or flame imp and they would be pretty good. It's not really that terrible, it's just that zoo doesn't run demon buff cards like these.
Or you could use Demonfire instead and not give your opponent a free mana crystal?

edit: and yeah, arcane golem is just better at finishing than this, this is probably meant for early control and aggro not a finisher.

My idea of early control does not include giving the opponent a free Wild Growth. You might have slightly stronger board presence, but you're not controlling anything in that situation.

Copenap

This has to be the worst TGT card yet. It even comes with a Shamayalan twist as it is not only not good in arena but instead even worse in arena.

embalm

What's crazy is that wild growth is 2 mana. So this should be 4 mana worth of value. Would a +4/+4 be playable? What about +5/+5?

It's the same stats/ability as Arcane Golem, but it requires you to have a Demon on the board or playable from hand... so bad...

Giving up a permanent mana crystal is so huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom