• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

11800485_856114841144703_5872646701664396667_n.png

dat tournament feel

In a world where Demonfire already exists and is not played, how the hell does Demonfuse even get made? For an extra 1 mana you get +1/+1 but give your opponent a mana crystal AND give up the ability to damage an enemy minion? That's just hilariously bad.

georly

Blizzard is literally doing the opposite of power creep with this expac. Basically they're just doing nothing but nerfing random summoning so far.

New card back is nice. Lot of good ones recently, at least in my opinion.

Looks like the card on the left has it wrapped up already. Shame, I voted for the card on the right lol. Still managing to pick the loser every time.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Demonfuse would actually be playable if it wasn't locked to demons only. Then you could use it with Arcane Golem and Faceless for a 14 damage combo.

Pooya

When that Amaz card reveal happens, we have seen 5 out of probably 8 mage class cards. Only one so far is really good.
I don't have high expectations for other classes really.

Dahbomb

When that Amaz card reveal happens, we have seen 5 out of probably 8 mage class cards. Only one so far is really good.
I don't have high expectations for other classes really.
I would say Coldarra Drake and Fallen Hero are "good" as well on top of the obvious one which is Effigy. These two cards would especially be great if Inspire decks end up being worth a damn.

Then again my definition of good/bad is being warped with so many bad cards in a row... suddenly Coldarra Drake looks ridiculous next to Demonfuse. And I am usually one to try to find the good in seemingly bad cards.

JesseZao

Only combo I can see with that card is to run it in demonlock with a faceless. Ideally you use it on a demoncaller pulled Doomguard.

Pooya

I feel Fallen Hero will be decent too, outside of inspire decks even, but Coldarra Drake is too slow to work. Even with the hypothetical inspire warper.

-------

If there was a Voidcaller for dragons though then things would be very different... and interesting.

CoolOff

Would old Undertaker but for Inspire instead of Deathrattle be broken, or simply enable the decks? I feel like all the cards are so slow, but that would at least give you an ounce of a chance in the early game.

A 0 mana 0/2?

mxgt

Banned
New card:

http://i.imgur.com/W04xDnn.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Why does this card even exist?

I mean, there's demonfire and demon heart for demons, and PO for non demons.

Did warlocks need this? I don't understand

blizz pls. I know we need bad cards, but cmon. This isn't even trying.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Turn 1 Voidwalker into Turn 2 Demonfuse. That's basically the dream and it is pretty scary. That's a 4/6 with taunt on Turn 2.

Consistent? Probably not.

Rapstah

Fun guessing time.

Argent Caller
2 mana 1/2
Battlecry: Activate your minions' Inspire.

Heroic Warcrier
3 mana 4/1
Inspire: Activate a friendly minion's Battlecry.

Spyglass Sucker
8 mana 1/1
Battlecry: Look at the top three cards of your opponent's deck. Your opponent draws one. Shuffle the other two into your opponent's deck.

Shouting Troll
6 mana 3/4
Battlecry: Add a random Shout to your hand.

Dahbomb

Turn 1 Voidwalker into Turn 2 Demonfuse. That's basically the dream and it is pretty scary. That's a 4/6 with taunt on Turn 2.

Consistent? Probably not.
Or you can just use Demonfire instead and not get punished when your turn 2 play gives the Druid ability to play Keeper of the Grove one turn earlier to silence your minion, then you are behind for the rest of the game.

Would old Undertaker but for Inspire instead of Deathrattle be broken, or simply enable the decks? I feel like all the cards are so slow, but that would at least give you an ounce of a chance in the early game.

A 0 mana 0/2?

A card that gains +1/+1 each time you use hero power, or one that gets +1/+1 for each Inspire card played? If it's each time you use hero power, that's much weaker than the old Undertaker decks because they used to get a forever growing Undertaker and a slew of deathrattle minions to back him up. You had ridiculous board presence plus the various deathrattle boosts. If it's each time you play an Inspire card, it's still weaker because the Inspire cards don't do anything unless you use your mana on your hero power instead of building a strong board. It would still be better than Demonfuse, though.

cHinzo

Lmao, well this just happened in arena. I got destroyed as a Paladin by three Mages, so I decided to be a dirty Mage picker myself. First match is of course a mirror Mage game.

He ended up with an Azure Drake, Sunwalker and Spider Tank on the board, a secret and one card in the hand with 13 HP left. I had only a Loot Hoarder on the board and 15 HP left and 0 cards in my hand, just enough HP to survive for one more turn before conceding. He went face with everything of course and pinged my Loot Hoarder... It gave me a Fireball. After that I drew a consecutive Fireball for exactly 13 damage (double Fireball + ping for 10 mana) to the face. Felt so dirty.

CoolOff

A card that gains +1/+1 each time you use hero power, or one that gets +1/+1 for each Inspire card played? If it's each time you use hero power, that's much weaker than the old Undertaker decks because they used to get a forever growing Undertaker and a slew of deathrattle minions to back him up. You had ridiculous board presence plus the various deathrattle boosts. If it's each time you play an Inspire card, it's still weaker because the Inspire cards don't do anything unless you use your mana on your hero power instead of building a strong board. It would still be better than Demonfuse, though.

The latter. My thinking is that it would help you build that Inspire-board before hero-powering away, and also requiring your opponent (if aggro) to be wary of leaving stuff up.

Like, turn 4 "Inspiretaker" + Tournament Medic. You get a 0/2 that becomes a 1/3 + a 1/8, and everytime you heropower after you heal. Turn 5 you drop the 3/3 that gives 1/1s and heropower. Face Hunter -> ;_;

manhack

Back to playing regularly again and find it interesting that in the last 50 games over the last 3 days I have seen 3 Warriors total (2 Patron Warriors/1 Control Warrior) between ranks 8-6.

I guess the others are hanging out in 5 - Legend?

Malice215

I understand that not every card can be good, but I want to know what's Blizzard's logic behind releasing a card that's worse than Demonfire. Why not do something different or something that plays off inspire?

When, exactly, does the season end? I think I'm sitting at level 21 and kept putting off reaching 20 for this or that reason, but I don't want to miss the card back.

ViviOggi

I understand that not every card can be good, but I want to know what's Blizzard's logic behind releasing a card that's worse than Demonfire. Why not do something different or something that plays off inspire?
Brode's sick Mage draft got rekt by Warlocks

Pooya

It reduces the chance of Nefarian getting sacrificial pact and one shot kill your Jarraxus. It's a gud card for warlock.

If Paladin gets a dragon with taunt Blizzard is redeemed.

Make it a 3 drop with divine shield and Dragon paly might be a thing finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom