• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank everything we have Twitch so people who can't actually build decks can play Hearthstone too. I don't know what I would do if people didn't just play whatever the most popular streamer was playing.

Dahbomb

Joust is so bad, total garbage in arena, and I'd never willingly put so much RNG in a constructed deck.
I don't know man, just about every Midrange Paladin I have fought today has been running Tusker Jouster. And the body makes it a huge pain in the ass to fight.

br3wnor

Opened 27 packs, 0 Legendaries probably 5 or 6 Epics? Nothing special but used my dust to craft Varian and still have 1600 left, really debating Justicar (Play mostly CW) but dunno if I'm gonna wait a bit to see how the meta settles down.

johnsmith

remember me
I don't know man, just about every Midrange Paladin I have fought today has been running Tusker Jouster. And the body makes it a huge pain in the ass to fight.

It's a 5/5 for 5, that's pretty vanilla. If the healing is clutch would you really want to flip a coin on whether you heal? I'd rather run Loatheb.

squidyj

365 gold and a classic pack for 10 wins. I'm so used to getting screwed with dust or some shitty golden card. this whole arena run was a welcome change of pace.

Dahbomb

It's a 5/5 for 5, that's pretty vanilla. If the healing is clutch would you really want to flip a coin on whether you heal? I'd rather run Loatheb.
You usually want the healing against aggro decks and you should win the Joust like 90% of the time against them. Against Control the 5/5 body is better, you don't really need the heal as much.

Playing against that card all day and it does work. Certainly not bad.

clav

Wow Midrange Paladin sucks now.

Currently have one TGT pack. Replaced Blessing of Kings with Seal of Champions.

Looks like I'll need to work on TGT packs. Facing a lot of aggro decks with divine shields and attack upgrades.

Added an additional mind control tech card, too.

Rockyrock

Holy fuck at Totem Shamen!

Don't care what people say about Totem Golem, double opener with Flametongue and Totemic Might...thanks.

Maybe I just got lucky in my first few games, but druid priest and pally all down.

EDIT: OK wrecked by mech mage...putting down to a bad opening though. =)

yep Totemic Might is amazing in this deck

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Totem Shaman and Dragon Priest certainly seem to be the early favorites in this new pack. Maybe it's time to run some owls.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Jungle Panther into Wildwalker is a pretty awesome play in Beast Druid. I think I broke a few brains with that one.

The fact that I have 6 stealth minions in my deck also gives some pretty significant reach to FoN+SavageRoar.

KuroNeeko

WelI I think today was the straw that broke the camels back. Terrible pack luck with 42 packs. I think I'll just play arena to cool off. More bad RNG and I get two 2-3 runs. Opponent breakdown 1 Hunter, 3 Paladins, 6 Mages. Game just isn't fun anymore.

Sorry to hear that, man!

Maybe a break or just some messing around with new archtypes might bring back the spark!

Ashodin

Legendaries for TGT so far

Rhonin, Justicar Trueheart, Sky Cap'n Kragg, THe charge 10/10 guy

Mysterious Challenger does that work tho

I'm not totally convinced about the new shaman, although playing it I enjoyed it much. Mistcaller seems better than I anticipated, although it does still seem pretty slow it has some heavy value in longer matches.

Out of all the decks I tested (mostly shaman and rogue atm, but I did some beast hunter), I think shaman has some real potential and I did enjoy it so I'll probably focus on that tomorrow, at least for testing new decks.

But for ranked ladder, I've ended up just playing oil rogue. If the meta slows down or if shamans become popular, I think oil rogue is in a unique position to take advantage of that. Without the super ultra fast aggro decks, I like rogue's chances at staying relevant. And maybe there are a trick or two in TGT I haven't thought of to make a TGT oil rogue.

clav

WelI I think today was the straw that broke the camels back. Terrible pack luck with 42 packs. I think I'll just play arena to cool off. More bad RNG and I get two 2-3 runs. Opponent breakdown 1 Hunter, 3 Paladins, 6 Mages. Game just isn't fun anymore.

Yeah same here.

Losing ranks from bad RNG is not fun.

Ladder is not fun.

Dahbomb

I'm not totally convinced about the new shaman, although playing it I enjoyed it much. Mistcaller seems better than I anticipated, although it does still seem pretty slow it has some heavy value in longer matches.

Out of all the decks I tested (mostly shaman and rogue atm, but I did some beast hunter), I think shaman has some real potential and I did enjoy it so I'll probably focus on that tomorrow, at least for testing new decks.

But for ranked ladder, I've ended up just playing oil rogue. If the meta slows down or if shamans become popular, I think oil rogue is in a unique position to take advantage of that. Without the super ultra fast aggro decks, I like rogue's chances at staying relevant. And maybe there are a trick or two in TGT I haven't thought of to make a TGT oil rogue.
22273.png

photo.jpg

Thoughts on putting Deathwing into Control Warrior for Varian pulls?
Honestly it's better to put Foe Reaper in than Deathwing.

Pooya

I think Iron Jugg could actually see play now. Control Warrior with Justicar can very effectively bring the game to fatigue and win.
Your opponents will eventually run out of cards even if they somehow survive all the shit you throw at them like playing 15 mana worth of minions for free in one turn. Even if you run out of cards they might not be able to kill you, they will eventually go into top decking mode and you can constantly escape lethal range against classes like mage that rely on burn spells to finish, it's not all that different for other classes. Mirror match probably goes to fatigue. A card like Iron Jugg could be pretty good now.

People comparing it with another shield maiden and how it takes three turn for it to be better are completely missing the point of this setup. Constant escape from lethal range is all it takes to win most games, over three turns it's 12 armor for no cards spent. How much damage you can dish out burning your cards? How can you actually refill to deal even more damage? And playing free taunts with Varian pushes the whole thing over the top. It's definitely OP, calling it now it will be the new standard complaint on reddit and elsewhere in a month.

--------------------

Totem shamans so far, yeaaah. well it's better than mech but it's not going to take over the ladder or anything. I feel some classes with weak aoe might have problems with but it should be fine. If it somehow becomes too popular, cards like Baron Geddon are there to wreck it. It's a bit slow to get anywhere, slower than zoo. I don't think it will be all that strong.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Quarter Master Dream:
IamSorry.jpg

Turn 1 Repentance, turn 2 minibot, turn 3 muster, turn 4 muster + Competitive Spirit, turn 5 Quarter Master.

clav

wtf

I mind control teched a murloc warleader and the murloc knight kept sprouting enhanced stats for its spawned minions.

This isn't right.

The murloc warleader has been on my side of the board for more than 3 turns!

johnsmith

remember me
If you're confident in your arena skills now is the time to play. People have no idea what they're doing right now. The new cards + casual players burning their gold makes it easy pickings.

Cipherr

Beast hunter is finally fun to play. Its probably shit on ladder. But its fun to play with all the abilities to get random beasts on the board and whatnot. You can even get Druid only beast cards from webspinners etc
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Opened 52 packs and only got Dreadscale and Justicar >_<

I think I'll wait til the meta settles down a bit before I decide what to craft with my 1600 dust.

inky

What's the Dragon Priest list?

2 Holy Smite
2 Power WS
2 Cleric
2 Twilight Welp
2 Wyrmrest Agent
1 Shadow Word Death
2 Velen's
2 Blackwing Techs
2 Dark Cultists
1 Dragonkin