• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I don't think this explanation works. Yeah, maybe it's why the streamer changed the deck. But people copying the streamer's deck don't need to change if the point was to make it harder for people to tell what the secret is - the streamer's problem is that people know what his or her deck is. Some random player doesn't have this issue, and in fact can benefit from having a deck which is different from some popular deck but which can be mistaken for it at first. Even if the random player isn't using Counterspell, people will think their secret might be Counterspell because they otherwise appear to be playing the streamer's deck.
Oh I was talking about why the streamer changed it... not why people copied it.

People copy because people copy. No real reason for it other than following the masses.

f0lken

I think Mad Scientists are unneeded, maybe I'll try Illumnator. I haven't come into a case where my HP ever matters, just my draws.

I think the only weakness is that when you put 5 secrets into play, its pretty obvious what you played.

That is the reason I have them, they empty your deck and you draw what you need, and knowing what you have down there just puts a lot of pressure, I'm not saying is a perfect deck, just that everything works together and is really competitive IMO.

WSbXoML.png

Oh I was talking about why the streamer changed it... not why people copied it.

People copy because people copy. No real reason for it other than following the masses.

Yeah it is fine to change things, but meanwhile everybody knows to test with a spare part or something now.

But everybody still runs it, without even understanding why.

Lyng

Currently I am experimenting with a healing priest deck. Its actually working out quiet nice so far.
Only sad part is that I dont really feel Paletress fits in the deck, and she was one of the two legendaries I got from my 50 packs.

edit: oh and popping a power word: glory on a hunters leper gnome is good fun.

Opiate

Okay, let's do a Dreadsteed deck. It won't be good, but it will be better than most are expecting.

2x Dreadsteed
2x Sludge Belcher
1x Baron Rivendare
2x Anima Golem
1x MalGanis
2x VoidCaller
2x Doomguard
2x Implosion
2x Defender of Argus
2x Power Overwhelming
1x Shadowflame
2x Nerubian Egg

Help me out here people. This is doable.

Daniel R

I scored 3 golden legendaries and 1 normal legendary from my pre-purchase 50 packs.

Epic
Mulch x2
Astral Communion
Stablemaster
Beneath the grounds
Sea Reaver
Crowd Favorite
Twilight Guardian
Sideshow Spellcaster

Golden Epic
Crowd Favorite

Legendary
The mistcaller

Golden Legendary
Eadric the pure
Confessor Paletress
The Skeleton Knight

squidyj

Lol, the nice thing is that the opponent must spend a great amount of cards to get it out of the field, and more times than not it still survives thanks to redemption. Don't pay attention to my ranking, I reached level 11 with that deck and had a nice winning losing ratio, I just lost tons of positions trying to make Totem Shaman work :/
if you're losing a lot playing totem shaman at rank 12 or worse you're playing it wrong. end of story.

tylerf

I'm pretty sure that card that summons random totems is tuned to summon like 80 percent flame tongue and mana tide totems and 20 percent everything else.

Oscar

My Pre-Purchase packs were so bad.

A few of my buddies pulled a golden Varian. I'm a Control Warrior main and the only Legendary I pulled was Eradic the Pure.

Had to craft Varian, he's so damn good.

bodine1231

Ok I finally finished opening 400 packs (took 2 hours!) and here is the breakdown if anyone is interested in keeping track of this.

R - 448
E - 86
L- 24
Golden - 64

FUN FACTS:

I did not get a complete set. I'm missing 10 legends and have only a single epic on a few cards.
There were three legends that I got at least three of,I also got 3 golden legends.
I got 20,025 dust plus another 800 if I want to dust the non golden legends that I got gold versions of.
I did not get a single pack with multiple legenderies.
My best run was 12 straight packs with at least 1 gold card.
My best pack was a golden Mistcaller,golden Caldera Drake and two more epics.

I got really unlucky pulling so many duplicate legend cards. Thankfully I got a lot of them so I have plenty of dust to complete the set if I want to. I'm going to hold off and see what's good and get the gold versions. My goal is to have all the good playable cards golden so I should be able to get that.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Aw yeah, rank 13 to rank 5 in a single night. I wonder what will end up being the most potent version of this deck, maybe running 10 secrets could be worth it.
mysterydeck2.jpg

Still not sold on Mad Scientist though. With just Mysterious Champion, you always know what you will pull, which is very useful on its own.

I don't really care about net decking unless it is face hunter/eboladin style where people are not really playing the game.

If everybody wants to copy some sort of midrange/combo deck? No problem because my decks will beat it.

I think the funniest thing is when a deck becomes popular and a streamer changes it for reasons and then everybody copies that, making the deck worse.

For example, every tempo mage runs counter spell now. Why? I still have no idea.

Counterspell is great, I've swung the game in my favour many times

Moonlight

Banned
EU? What deck are you playing?
NA. Running this deck, subbing Acidic Swamp Ooze for a second Spider Tank, which I might change but I haven't run into any weapons that a Snowchugger can't handle so far. TGT packs paid for the Legendaries, lol. Just a little frustrated I can't get past decent Handlocks.

Dahbomb

Man people aggressively take out Holy Champions (using two or more cards usually). Only a couple of times I was able to hit for over 7 with her. Though any time I did I pretty much won the game off of that.

The deck I am playing her in has more board clears than is currently required. People are playing pretty slow, greedy decks so I can't exactly get my Pyromancer combos off properly.

Ashodin

Man people aggressively take out Holy Champions (using two or more cards usually). Only a couple of times I was able to hit for over 7 with her. Though any time I did I pretty much won the game off of that.

The deck I am playing her in has more board clears than is currently required. People are playing pretty slow, greedy decks so I can't exactly get my Pyromancer combos off properly.

Yeah I really like Holy Champion. It's a strong priest card.

Holy Champion can get out of hand very fast with pyromancer + circle combos and the like. It needs to die ASAP.

It's a nice card.

I can craft 3 legendarys

Any recommendations?

I still need

Mistcaller
Paltress
Voljin
Velen
Cenarious
Avaian
Alex
Rag
Darkbane
Malygos
Grom
Edric the pure
Rhonin
Mal gains
Lord jaraxs
Bloodmage

Xanathus

You definitely should take out Justicar from Shaman, it has got to be the worst class to use Justicar because all you do is remove RNG from totem which doesn't really do that much. In a minion based deck you're going to need Defender of Argus, and Loatheb. You also probably want 2 copies of Thunder Bluff Valiant, that card is what makes totem Shaman good/viable. Emperor Thaurissan is also not good in that deck because it isn't combo-based. Mukla Champion also feels like a replace to me but I'm not sure about it.

Ashodin

I made it to rank 10 brehs, rank 5 in sight

OMG I just DESTROYED handlock with secrets paladin. 20 damage in one turn thanks to competitive spirit

Dahbomb

1) Polymorph Boar + Flamewaker results in perfect pings to remove Kripp's creatures while avoiding pings on the Egg.

2) Unbalanced Portal pulls out King's Elekk. King's Elekk wins the Joust and gives the Tempo Mage Rhonin off of the draw.

3) Unbalanced Portal #2 pulls out Aviana, Tempo Mage player plays Aviana, Rhonin and Emperor Balanced on the same turn!

4) Aviana dies and the Effigy spawns Kraken setting up lethal with Fireball top dick.

5) Top dicks Fireball with Arcane Intellect.

kirblar

Arena decks seem much less consistent now due to the TGT cards having higher mana costs (or virtual mana costs, with the Inspire guys.)

f0lken

You definitely should take out Justicar from Shaman, it has got to be the worst class to use Justicar because all you do is remove RNG from totem which doesn't really do that much. In a minion based deck you're going to need Defender of Argus, and Loatheb. You also probably want 2 copies of Thunder Bluff Valiant, that card is what makes totem Shaman good/viable. Emperor Thaurissan is also not good in that deck because it isn't combo-based. Mukla Champion also feels like a replace to me but I'm not sure about it.

Thanks, I'll try it without Justicar and Emperor, I"ll put one more TBV, Mukla I'm not sure, the 1 Def it grants has been effective, and if I'm going to put Argus more def for taunts seems good, still its worth a try to take him out.

Anilusion

1) Polymorph Boar + Flamewaker results in perfect pings to remove Kripp's creatures while avoiding pings on the Egg.

2) Unbalanced Portal pulls out King's Elekk. King's Elekk wins the Joust and gives the Tempo Mage Rhonin off of the draw.

3) Unbalanced Portal #2 pulls out Aviana, Tempo Mage player plays Aviana, Rhonin and Emperor Balanced on the same turn!

4) Aviana dies and the Effigy spawns Kraken setting up lethal with Fireball top dick.

5) Top dicks Fireball with Arcane Intellect.

Why are people always so mad over some cards being better than others?

Dahbomb

Why are people always so mad over some cards being better than others?
Just commentating on the insane RNG sequencing of the whole situation.

I don't think cards like Aviana or Rhonin are that good... but obviously if you get Aviana off of Unbalanced Portal it's ridiculous.

Reynad's statement about Portal becomes more and more true the more cards get introduced into the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom