• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

In my proud tradition of getting some of the worst fucking legendaries in packs and having to craft all the good ones, I present to you, my only legendary pickup in 43 packs.

22260.png

But he's probably the coolest legendary.

Opened up my decks today - got a Golden Wilfred Fizzlebang and a normal chillmaw. Have about 700 dust as well.
So tempted to dust Wilfred as I don't like playing warlock at all, just will have trouble dusting things and tempted to make either Justicar Truehart, Rhonin or Paletress

Vitanimus

I'm trying to resist crafting any TGT cards and buying into any hype :(

been playing beast druid a bit and it still seems really clunky. stuff is hard to get working.

Opened up my decks today - got a Golden Wilfred Fizzlebang and a normal chillmaw. Have about 700 dust as well.
So tempted to dust Wilfred as I don't like playing warlock at all, just will have trouble dusting things and tempted to make either Justicar Truehart, Rhonin or Paletress

If you are not sure, then the absolute safe bet is to wait a week or two (or even a month) to see where meta is headed and what are the best cards.

Daniel R

Decided to be a whale and buy 40 more packs (slow day at work).

Got 4 legendaries again.
Bolf pretty early on.
Gormok + Fjola in the 3rd from last pack.
Aviana in the 2nd to last pack.

Parshias7

Played some of Raynad's Dragon Priest deck last night, but bounced around Rank 10. It gets beat by Control Warrior pretty handily, and I ran into two of them. Although if you can play on curve, you just destroy everything. Could probably tweak the deck a bit to try and fit in a Lightbomb or maybe a Sylvanas or something. It could use some silence, the deck has no good answer for an opponent's Sylvanas.

I did manage to hit a new level of strangeness last night: faced up against a Patron Warrior who played Kobold Geomancer. What.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Okay, let's do a Dreadsteed deck. It won't be good, but it will be better than most are expecting.

2x Dreadsteed
2x Sludge Belcher
1x Baron Rivendare
2x Anima Golem
1x MalGanis
2x VoidCaller
2x Doomguard
2x Implosion
2x Defender of Argus
2x Power Overwhelming
1x Shadowflame
2x Nerubian Egg

Help me out here people. This is doable.

Gotta throw Kel'Thuzad in there.

Kunohara

Played some of Raynad's Dragon Priest deck last night, but bounced around Rank 10. It gets beat by Control Warrior pretty handily, and I ran into two of them. Although if you can play on curve, you just destroy everything. Could probably tweak the deck a bit to try and fit in a Lightbomb or maybe a Sylvanas or something. It could use some silence, the deck has no good answer for an opponent's Sylvanas.

I did manage to hit a new level of strangeness last night: faced up against a Patron Warrior who played Kobold Geomancer. What.

I played against a dragon warrior that played Carne. Why Carne in a dragon deck? Really weird.

Since I only had enough gold for 30 packs (got a Chillmaw though), I played some demon zoo with dark bargain. Playing against another dragon warrior, and he had ysera and an azure drake on the board. I drew dark bargain with no other cards in hand. Damn that was some nice value there.

Lumine

Hah, even though I said I wouldn't spend any money this expansion I just bought 15 packs anyway. Got Varian Wrynn and Chillmaw (and Anub'arak) out of them! Now that's more like it! :D

Also I'm actually slightly tempted to craft the Sky Cap'n. Really liking my pirate weapon rogue deck so far.

V-Faction

Can someone do me a favor? If you have Eydis Darkbane, do a quick test with Shaman and cast Reincarnate on her. Does her Effect activate before the spell goes off or not at all?

I gave up. I decided to buy 7 packs for the first time since I'm playing HS.
Well, that was kinda good: 1 Wilfred Fizzlebang and 1 Staplemaster (ugh).
Dunno what to do with them though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
All that this shit expansion did was nerf Piloted Shredder by allowing it to drop Darnassus Aspirant.

GJ, Blizzard. GJ.

Arol

I'm still a newish casual player and I hardly post but I jumped on the preorder.

I got 3 legendaries and a bunch of dust from duplicates, enough dust to actually craft Dr Boom now actually.

Should I craft him or wait until the meta stabilizes?

And Wrathguard. Had a game where the paladin got hit for 23 in the face through shield slam. Felt good.

Blizzard should really change the game so that a minion can't get more damage than his HP. It's really annoying with implosion, and now with Wrathguard as well.

ZealousD

I'm trying to resist crafting any TGT cards and buying into any hype :(

been playing beast druid a bit and it still seems really clunky. stuff is hard to get working.

I really like the version of Beast Druid that I'm running.

VY0rFz6.jpg

It's kinda like a tempo version of mid-range Druid. You keep playing stuff on curve and make efficient trades with Wildwaker. You exploit stealth as much as you can to push for extra damage, especially when comboed with FoN+SavageRoar. The card that surprises most people will be Jungle Panther, because it sets up for Wildwalker extremely well.

I haven't gotten Knight of the Wild yet for some reason, so I don't know how good he is yet.

Pooya

Pulled off a quartermaster + competitive spirit + warhorse trainer in one turn :eek: rekt.

Ladder. everyone was paladin.

I was under impression that competitive spirit would trigger on your turn even if you don't have minions and that would be a way to play around it but nope. If you don't have minions it just stays there. That makes it playable on first turn, then coin muster. pretty good.

I feel climbing ladder is pretty hard right now actually with all the random things going on. I'm not sure if you can climb to 5 with some cheap decks next season. Everyone has these TGT cards that push out countless free tokens and against face decks those tend to be pretty good.

Not a fan of seal of champion yet, it cost too much.
Lance Bearer, I have it in my deck but only one and haven't really find the opportunity to play it. Warhorse Trainer is so far pretty good 3 drop to play after coin muster.

Fireblend

Banned
I opened my 40 classic packs from the 50% TeamArchon promo and got Archmage Antonidas and Valen's Prophet :D

Is there any good Mage deck I can build with Antonidas? I wanted to try freeze, but I have no Alextrasza and it sounds like I need that one to have a chance D:

gutshot

I opened my 40 classic packs from the 50% TeamArchon promo and got Archmage Antonidas and Valen's Prophet :D

Is there any good Mage deck I can build with Antonidas? I wanted to try freeze, but I have no Alextrasza and it sounds like I need that one to have a chance D:

Mech Mage or Tempo Mage. Both use him to pretty good effect.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If by really annoying you mean awesome

Seriously though they should never make that change

Indeed. Most of the cards that care about HP are designed for this specifically. That's why Wrathguard is so ass.

br3wnor

He's great in Tempo Mage.

Vitanimus

VY0rFz6.jpg

It's kinda like a tempo version of mid-range Druid. You keep playing stuff on curve and make efficient trades with Wildwaker. You exploit stealth as much as you can to push for extra damage, especially when comboed with FoN+SavageRoar. The card that surprises most people will be Jungle Panther, because it sets up for Wildwalker extremely well.

I haven't gotten Knight of the Wild yet for some reason, so I don't know how good he is yet.

no wild growth or darnassus? honestly knight of the wild is a bit shit so far. he only gets value when you have it in your card early which can be a block some time if you're lacking in early game, and if you draw him late then he's a 7 mana 6/6 which also sucks.

I got the dream of double savage combatant and savage roar for a quick finish earlier, even after a priest thoughtstole an ancient of lore.
smile.gif

Duster

RNG is finally on my side!

I bought two TGT packs and used my remaining gold for one arena run, got a pretty good Paladin deck with Seal of champions, Murloc Knight and er... Squire Inspire Guy helping me to get to 6-3, I even won several jousts. I wish I had saved a bit more gold as arena seems like it'll be great for the next few days.

Then I got a TGT pack as a reward and it contained an epic! Sure it was Dreadsteed but I actually quite like it despite not really having the cards to make the most of it.

Getting to rank 10 on the ladder for the reward was a mistake though, the three games I've played so far have all featured the same old decks (and not even understandable face hunters who don't have the resources for anything more interesting).

ZealousD

no wild growth or darnassus?

No. Why would I skip Turn 3 when Wildwalker is my best Turn 4 play? Shoving in Innervate, Wild Growth, and Darnassass Aspirant doesn't make sense to me in a deck where you want to keep playing beasts.

georly

Even with all the meh cards this expac, I'm really glad we're getting at least a couple of new decks in the current meta and a few tweaked older decks. Worst case would have been no new decks, only tweaked older decks. Looking forward to playing a few of them once I get some more cards.

My resolution to never spend a dime on HS, however, makes this take a while, with arena and dailies being my only source of gold.

inky

VY0rFz6.jpg

Knight of the Wild has been crap for me. You don't want it in your hand unless you got a dream hand, and you'd need 2 of them to try to draw it and play it on curve. When you don't it becomes a dead card. I only run 1 Wildwalker. Somehow I rarely see the need for 2, but I've loved the card. I don't like Druid of the Flame. I feel it never does enough, but I haven't completely subbed it out yet. Other cards I run instead:

Innervate. It's just too good of a card to not have imo. Innervate double Savage Roar is usually a winning move. BGH because everything was Warrior when I was playing. Similarly for Harrison, but I guess all those are tech cards and not core cards. I like 2 Keepers instead of one. Otherwise it looks pretty similar to what I put together. Savage Combatant is such a strong card. Priority target for sure.

No. Why would I skip Turn 3 when Wildwalker is my best Turn 4 play? Shoving in Innervate, Wild Growth, and Darnassass Aspirant doesn't make sense to me in a deck where you want to keep playing beasts.

I still recommend running innervate and possibly wild growth. Innervate is just too good imo. Combo'd with savage combatant it is a 0 mana 3 damage attack buff on turn 4. Good early game and late game.

inky

I still recommend running innervate and possibly wild growth. Innervate is just too good imo. Combo'd with savage combatant it is a 0 mana 3 damage attack buff on turn 4. Good early game and late game.

Yup. Innervate + Savage Combatant is as strong an early play as I've ever done in HS. It gives you enough juice to remove any threat coming your way, and like I said, with your charge minions late in the game, Innervating the combo out is crucial. I had a game where I won when I top decked Druid of the Saber with Combo and Innervate in my hand. That extra damage possibility threw my opponent off.

ZealousD

If I run Innervate and Wild Growth then I'd have to cut some of the core beasts out of the deck and significantly alter my gameplan. If I only run 1 Wildwalker and 2 Druids of the Fang then all I am doing is running a worse version of midrange Druid. Without those two cards now I have an archetype that is distinctly different and can measurably be called a different deck. It is more aggressive and has better matchups against other kinds of decks, like zoo. If you wanna run midrange druid than play midrange Druid. If you wanna run beasts then play beasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom