• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Watching Sjow playing control warrior, it's mirror game after mirror game, everyone has tank up!, they had like 40 armor 5 turns into fatigue, enjoy the new meta people!

Xanathus

Main reason people aren't using Patrons online is that the servers are still laggy and it can easily lose you a Patron/Berserker turn.

There really is no reason for Patron to not be #1. The expansion only gave a few counters against Patron and way more stuff that gets absolutely crushed by Patron.

Also Forsen using that Malygos Shaman deck we theory crafted here with the new Shaman cards like Elemental Destruction and Charged Hammer.

Yeah watching it I see that it's still weaker than Freeze Mage as I theorized because Mad Scientist + Ice Barrier & Block are so much better than Malygos Shaman's defensive options.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'd be interested to see what happened to people who got wrecked by mysterious challenger. That's a few mentions I've seen of him. Personally I got matched up against a mysterious challenger deck once where he arguably lived the dream in that the first MC game down on turn 6 and pulled 4 secrets followed 3 turns later by the second one which also pulled 4 secrets. And I destroyed him. It wasn't even close.

all 8 secrets were at the bottom of his deck, got played for free, and it was an easy win because paladin secrets are just shitty.
What else did he play? My version is basically a sticky token deck where mysterious challenger is a win condition.

Dahbomb

Yeah watching it I see that it's still weaker than Freeze Mage as I theorized because Mad Scientist + Ice Barrier & Block are so much better than Malygos Shaman's defensive options.
Obviously it's going to be weaker, Shaman doesn't have the same stalls and more importantly Shaman only has one win condition where as Freeze Mage has more than one (Alex into spells or Antonidas into Fireball generation).

With Malygos Shaman it's basically instantly lose if Malygos is in the bottom 5 of your decks.

The Charged Hammer actually does help a lot though as do Elemental Destruction and Healing Wave.

Basically every game I have lost in the last day or 2 has been in some way related to Dr. Boom. Still cannot believe that card has not been changed in any way over the last 9 months.

Dahbomb

Basically every game I have lost in the last day or 2 has been in some way related to Dr. Boom. Still cannot believe that card has not been changed in any way over the last 9 months.
Like I said before.. Dr Balanced is actually better now than it has been before.

The TGT expansion promotes more Midrange style play and Dr Balanced is the god of Midrange punisher.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
What else did he play? My version is basically a sticky token deck where mysterious challenger is a win condition.
don't remember unfortunately. It was a very uninteresting game. The secrets he played were avenge, the new one, noble sac, and the one that revives a minion.

So has anyone gotten the Tavern Brawl wins quest when there is no Tavern Brawl up yet? Is that even possible?

And will Tavern Brawl give TGT packs now? That would be nice but I still need some shitty epics and legs from Classics.

Beneath the Grounds is pretty good.

hearthstonescreenshotzao30.png

JohnCYQ

So I tried my hand out at the whole inspire paladin thing (didn't follow a decklist). Its kinda 50-50 atm (meh-ish).

http://imgur.com/6J67Fkt

After playing my last paladin game I went ahead and took out Mukla's Champion and Lowly Squire for 2x belchers, I felt like the deck lacked creatures that I could just drop on curve (you really don't want to drop murloc knight on curve without at least inspiring once IMO). Thinking of taking out 1x Warhorse Trainer too since its kinda difficult to get the recruits to stick outside of t8 Muster-Quarter, maybe another Aldor?

I could try that 3mana 3/3 that summons recruits, but it seems rather weak for an inspire effect (maybe the 6mana 3/5 inspire kodo?).

On the other hand I went ahead and modified my tempo mage deck with the new Effigy secrets, and boy is the deck feeling really consistent now.

http://imgur.com/Reg2hMj

Also met 2 Astral Communion(?) decks. First one flopped badly, second one way pretty crazy...draws wraith into sylvanass, into nourish into a bunch of big minions.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm absolutely astonished by the incompetency that is Ben Browder and his shit team. Coming up with a card like Murloc Knight and thinking it's fair.

This expansion is shit. Thank fuck I wasted next to zero dollars on this turd.

Dahbomb

I'm absolutely astonished by the incompetency that is Ben Browder and his shit team. Coming up with a card like Murloc Knight and thinking it's fair.

Hardly surprising coming from a team that put out Dr Balanced, Unstable Portal, Implosion and Shredders.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
man I was playing ladder and the 3 decks I played, I didn't see any new cards from any of them, so sad there was no expirementation :(

also I lost 3 in a row but that's another story

JORMBO

Darkness no more
man I was playing ladder and the 3 decks I played, I didn't see any new cards from any of them, so sad there was no expirementation :(

also I lost 3 in a row but that's another story

Most people won't use their new cards until someone tells them exactly which ones to use on Hearthpwn.

Winning Arena games against smug opponents who think they've won is the best! I was sitting with 13HP as Warrior against a full HP Mage when my opponent decided to ignore the board and go face, allowing my 6/6 Kvaldir Raider to sit for a turn. I killed his Drakonid Crusher with a top decked Execute and hung on, before Inspiring my Kvaldir Raider all the way to 14 attack as it pummelled multiple minions into the ground before killing him. That card is kind of insane in Arena.

FeD.nL

Ok, i'm kinda warming up to Dragons.. in druid. Trying out a ramp druid list with Chillmaw and Twilight Guardian and it's working out pretty damn good so far.

Wow, people at rank 1 are assholes, a guy sent friend request just to say "nice patron deck fuckhead, no legend for you" though he played mech shaman and won through bullshit spellpower totem crackle crackle rockbiter combo.

Loomba

I bought packs on the Amazon App Store and it said something like "your order is taking longer to process" then kicked me out of Hearthstone.

I go on the Amazon account and it says Pending, you guys know how long it will take?

Opiate

I bought packs on the Amazon App Store and it said something like "your order is taking longer to process" then kicked me out of Hearthstone.

I go on the Amazon account and it says Pending, you guys know how long it will take?

A couple of hours for me.

Vitanimus

thanks all! think I'll go with alex over ysera, since that enables me to play freeze mage or control warrior a bit better. ysera seems to be a nice cherry on top for decks that run it, rather than essential.

Ok so I know The Grand Tournament is all the talk right now, but I recently bought the two adventures and have been slowly playing through them. I finished Naxxramas without too much trouble. I lost a few times here and there but it never took me more than two times to beat any of the enemies.

Blackrock on the other hand has been a real bitch up to this point, or I just really fucking suck and don't know how to make a deck to counter some of these bosses.

Ok so I know The Grand Tournament is all the talk right now, but I recently bought the two adventures and have been slowly playing through them. I finished Naxxramas without too much trouble. I lost a few times here and there but it never took me more than two times to beat any of the enemies.

Blackrock on the other hand has been a real bitch up to this point, or I just really fucking suck and don't know how to make a deck to counter some of these bosses.

BRM is gimmick central.

Dreavus

I had a guy get a second murloc knight by activating his first one. That card is very strong if you are even a little bit ahead.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Now do legend Cola

Well if the next ranks are anything like rank 6-5 its filled with last years vanilla decks that sometimes work because of the gimmick they run.

That being said the dragon warrior list I ran has won 19-6 so far which is the best ive done with a deck before, seems to cover all bases though it can suffer from bad card draw issues if they deal with acolytes.

Rapstah

Three players I've faced in Casual now had no idea what Joust was. I played King's Elekk and one guy thanked me because he thought I drew him a card, then moused over the Elekk and his own cards for like 45 seconds and conceded.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Rank 5!

Job complete :D

The job is never complete until you get rank legend 1, you do that and you will be able to go home and be a family man. Also i'm currently rank 3 with tempo mage with effigy, works pretty well, nothing better than getting double value from your high cost minions
laugh.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The job is never complete until you get rank legend 1, you do that and you will be able to go home and be a family man. Also i'm currently rank 3 with tempo mage with effigy, works pretty well, nothing better than getting double value from your high cost minions
laugh.gif

Do you have a list? Mage is my favourite class but I have only seen people crapping on them on streams so far for not improving.

BRM is gimmick central.

Majordomo/Ragnaros was a crock of shit, I just beat that motherfucker right now. I had to get lucky and pull exactly the right cards in order to survive that garbage. I usually knew by turn 5 if I was dead or not. Garr was kind of a piece of fuck too.

......and there's still so much left.....

Dahbomb

Do you have a list? Mage is my favourite class but I have only seen people crapping on them on streams so far for not improving.
Just because they haven't improved as much as other classes doesn't mean they don't have very strong decks. Freeze Mage, Tempo Mage and Mech Mage are still strong decks.

Ha ha, just like my first legendary being King Mukkla, my first of Grand Tournament is Gormok who appears to be a very, very situational card (if not just bad outright).

Mr Cola

Just because they haven't improved as much as other classes doesn't mean they don't have very strong decks. Freeze Mage, Tempo Mage and Mech Mage are still strong decks.

Given how I have encountered no-one in the last 10 games who has played a single tgt card I am beginning to wonder

Merovin

Just did some math and realised I can disenchant all my golden cards that I already have two normal cards of for 4550 arcane dust! Any must craft suggestions?

Rapstah

When are we going to have post TGT tournaments?

Itching to see some high level stuff.

Archon Team League continues tomorrow and that'll probably be crazy the first few days. Mostly because you know someone is going to bring a new experimental bad deck and lose to an established boring deck. :(

Gormok is probably one of the best (and most underrated) Legendaries in TGT.

I guess it just seems like a 'win more' card in that you're almost surely playing aggro in order to activate the battlecry, and if you already have 4 minions on your board then you're probably already winning. So yeah it has stats on top of doing something extra, but it's still likely replacing another damage card that doesn't have any activation condition or a better stats minion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom