• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think Mistcaller is a bit underwhelming. It's good in slower games, but a rather dead draw versus aggro. And it makes your fire elementals BGHable. Kappa.

I might have to experiment more, but I just don't like the spot it fills. There's too much other stuff you can put in like Dr. Boom, Harrison, Loatheb, etc. that's better tech. As a standalone bomb he's not very good, since he doesn't have much synergy with the totem archetype. Probably needs a more tailored deck to support him.

Seems better in midrange or control matchups though.

I feel the same, I'm running a Totem Midrange Shaman deck and I just don't see how the Mistcaller would fit in it, you won't see the effect until turn 7 and you'd pretty much be wasting turn 6 by getting him in the board because he doesn't really do much aside of his battlecry.

KooPaL

I am new to HS and I preordered the TGT for the fifty packs. I would like to buy one more 40 pack but dont know if I should get classic, GVG or another TGT. Thoughts?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am new to HS and I preordered the TGT for the fifty packs. I would like to buy one more 40 pack but dont know if I should get classic, GVG or another TGT. Thoughts?

You buy Naxxramas. Half the price and better (guaranteed) cards

iNvid02

fuck you buddy!

its ok dont struggle now

0598d04190c80e376aeb2131dbf68952.gif

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Buy the adventure modes (Naxxramas and Blackrock Mountain) if you haven't already. Cash goes much further with those than they do with packs.

Otherwise, Classic packs are better than GvG packs for new players.

KooPaL

Awesome advice thanks everyone! Hearthstone is cracky for new right now since its new but i keep getting my ass handed to me. Been reading everyone's tips and Watching Trump teachings just to understand ccg mechanics.

Hupsel

Midrange Shammy is so fun, wow. Might replace my dear rogue. I feel like I can be competitive at every step of the game while in my rogue I ALWAYS needed blade flurry to achieve victory.

ZealousD

So is Murloc knight the TGT MVP after all? card is amazing.

It's probably the card that slipped under most people's radars. The fact that it's a Murloc card probably threw a lot of people off. MVP, I'm not quite so sure.Still too early to tell.

Opiate

It's probably the card that slipped under most people's radars. The fact that it's a Murloc card probably threw a lot of people off. MVP, I'm not quite so sure.Still too early to tell.

I stood up for it in your/our tgt preview! I specifically mentioned it wasn't intended to be played in full murloc decks and everything.

Tacitus_

Holy fuck an unchecked muklas champion is stupid in arena. The game was about even but then he pulled like 6/6 out of it on a single turn.

ZealousD

I stood up for it in your/our tgt preview! I specifically mentioned it wasn't intended to be played in full murloc decks and everything.

You did, actually! Kind of. You said it MIGHT have a place but you didn't think it was likely. So you only get half points. =P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlsCyW9X_4A#t=3h3m28s

I think a mistake that people have made with Inspire cards is that they have added two mana into the cost of the card. So Murloc Knight was essentially evaluated as a "6 mana 3/4 that has a random murloc". But that's not really true. It's really a 4 mana 3/4 that has a random murloc when played on Turn 6 or later. You can't just add in the cost of the hero power and then pretend that the hero power didn't do anything else for you.

Pooya

Fought against a really cool beast druid, was getting really tired of all these ramps. Crushed it with my patron deck though /sorrythathappened.

Is there a list for Kibler's Dragon Priest? I played around with Reynad's last night, and it'd be nice to see what Kibler did differently.

I didn't save it and he switched to playing mage later, I'm not sure if he's still streaming.

It had cards like lightbomb, no dragon sorcerer, it had cabal priest I think. He was changing things around still.

Minsc

Gold Member
Effigy definitely seems like one of the most overrated cards in ranked anyway. I'm frequently playing a mage and they have a secret and I'm thinking oh great, it's gotta be either counter-spell or mirror entity... let's trade then play ysera anyway... oh look, effigy triggers on a 2-drop lol.

Holy fuck an unchecked muklas champion is stupid in arena. The game was about even but then he pulled like 6/6 out of it on a single turn.

I lost to one today too. To top it off, it's only a common. Basically wins the game if you don't have a silence (which I had four of... sitting pretty somewhere in my deck).

gutshot

I've been telling you guys Mukla's Champion is good. It's basically a Stormwind Champion except it can snowball like crazy. In arena, that is game winning.

ZealousD

Effigy definitely seems like one of the most overrated cards in ranked anyway. I'm frequently playing a mage and they have a secret and I'm thinking oh great, it's gotta be either counter-spell or mirror entity... let's trade then play ysera anyway... oh look, effigy triggers on a 2-drop lol.

I only saw it as a Control Mage card anyway. But even if it only triggers off a 2 drop that's still insane value from Mad Scientist. That would be about as good or even slightly better than Harvest Golem, which is a 3 mana card. Just maybe harder to get insane value off of than a Mirror Entity. Our value perception of Mad Scientist is so out of wack that getting 3 mana worth of value off of it seems bad.

Pooya

this is what Kibler's playing right now.

1440545002-1.jpg

Reynad's deck is more aggressive maybe.

edit: sorry for blurry image, it turned out worse than what I was looking :S

Alrus

That card that gives you a random paladin card is pretty gross in arena. Got multiple Blessing of Kings, and a Solemn Vigil that helped me get back in the game once.

Also I'm in my 7th game and I only faced paladin and mages so far, getting a bit boring. But so far it's weird, they all have really shitty decks.

Tacitus_

I lost to one today too. To top it off, it's only a common. Basically wins the game if you don't have a silence (which I had four of... sitting pretty somewhere in my deck).

Or some sort of removal. I was thinking I was in a reasonably good spot since I had an ogre or something on board and he had a haunted creeper and a couple dudes. Then Mukla, boom, BANANAS FOR EVERYONE.

Magnus

Dragon priest really lacks some oomph. Slow minions. And really the farthest thing from fun possible. Why are so many people describing it as fun, of all adjectives? Practically every other priest variant, from lightbomb to inner fire/confuse fuckery to heal-focused ones to shadowform to Randuin - they're all more fun.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Priest players only have fun if their opponent is not having fun.

Pooya

yeah, it's one priest deck that is not relying on rng and stealing to sometimes maybe win.

It's quite strong against any kind of aggro too, but priest always have been good at that. I still managed to win all three games against them with my TGT face paladin.

After thirty packs finally my first TGT legendary in the form of nexus champion sarrad, and also got one coldara drake. Maybe its time to make an inspire mage deck.

Magnus

I'll give it consistency. It just isn't fun, though.

Unless we're only defining fun by being 'good'. Lots of decks fit that bill, though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I put Paletress in my dragon deck and had this happen.

nv6JHm2.jpg

I attacked and healed before I saw what was happening and just saw a leper gnome show up before the legendary, lol.

Pooya

"In an effort to help relieve recent latency issues, we are temporarily disabling mass disenchant feature. "

lol EU is still dying.

Opened my 50 pre order packs last night. Got 3 legendaries, 600ish dust and a few goldens I can convert to more dust. Can't remember exactly which legendaries as I did it on my iPad in bed whilst I was half asleep but I do remember getting the warrior one.

Looked at a few net decks in the reddit thread but can't complete any of them at the moment.

Considering purchasing a 40 pack though a bit hesitant as I'm still missing some classic cards and fair few GvG cards. Reading people buying upwards of 100 packs and not even getting close to the full set is also off putting.

Know in my head I should just grind arena and get better as my best run to date is 2-3 lol. However I only play a few games every few weeks due to massive anxiety, same issue with Starcraft.

suaveric

Opened my 50 pre order packs last night. Got 3 legendaries, 600ish dust and a few goldens I can convert to more dust. Can't remember exactly which legendaries as I did it on my iPad in bed whilst I was half asleep but I do remember getting the warrior one.

Looked at a few net decks in the reddit thread but can't complete any of them at the moment.

Considering purchasing a 40 pack though a bit hesitant as I'm still missing some classic cards and fair few GvG cards. Reading people buying upwards of 100 packs and not even getting close to the full set is also off putting.

Know in my head I should just grind arena and get better as my best run to date is 2-3 lol. However I only play a few games every few weeks due to massive anxiety, same issue with Starcraft.

I think on average you need to buy 200+ packs to complete the expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom