• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

I just played against a Druid with Astral Communion. It was going well for him, he immediately drew Ancient of Lore into Wrath to kill one of my minions.

Then he drew Nefarian and this happened:

ppecpdc.png

LOL, that was hilarious.

So, let's talk about decks we're glad exist if only so they counter specific archetypes that should exist but must be kept in check.

What just made me think of this is how Freeze Mage is incredibly strong against midrange decks that focus on flooding the board with sticky minions. Zoo was an example of that, but now totem shaman and this new Murloc Paladin would qualify as well. Freeze Mage may be annoying to you, but its existence helps keep the power of these types of decks in check.

Patron Warrior is a strong counter to all types of token decks, be it Druid token or face paladin (not necessarily tokens, but crappy minions as well) or totem shaman.

Any other decks which provide an important hard counter to specific archetypes or styles?

I don't mind freeze mage too much, but without control warrior it would be all you see.

Baron Geddon is better than ever in this ridiculous token-spammy meta.

Dude is pulling some serious work tag-teamed with Whirlwind and Revenge.

Single handedly won me a game against a Paladin who flooded the board for the 4th time in a match and this time had a Competitive Spirit waiting on board.

Dahbomb

Any other decks which provide an important hard counter to specific archetypes or styles?
Hunter style decks are good counters to Handlocks otherwise it would be really tough to punish their tapping for card draws.

Guess I will tech him back into Control, took him out because of Patrons.

I think he's great against Patrons. Usually they will have only a single full health Patron, so you use War Axe on that one. Or you kill the Patrons with Brawl. And Warsong is usually a 2/2 by the time they have spammed a bunch of Patrons.

2 damage per round will almost always be a net positive against Patron. It's 1 damage that really sucks.

Frenden

Banned
Chillmaw has been operating as Geddon in dragon decks for me, so far. I've only had him not go off once due to a misplay.

It's better than I thought it would be.

I think he's great against Patrons. Usually they will have only a single full health Patron, so you use War Axe on that one. Or you kill the Patrons with Brawl. And Warsong is usually a 2/2 by the time they have spammed a bunch of Patrons.

2 damage per round will almost always be a net positive against Patron. It's 1 damage that really sucks.

Yeah I was thinking about that too, when I took him out I don't really think I thought it through correctly.

Anyone have a Murloc Knight deck they are finding effective? It's just Aggro Paladin with some murlocs right

I don't have any Warleaders and thus no Murk-eye

You don't put other murlocs in. Murloc knight is standalone as a mid-game threat on turn 6 or later. The rest of the core is typical mid-range paladin, leaning more towards aggro.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Anyone have a Murloc Knight deck they are finding effective? It's just Aggro Paladin with some murlocs right

I don't have any Warleaders and thus no Murk-eye

It's a strong card without any murlocs. I've been experimenting with something like this

8QutNDA.png

But I'm mixing stuff around some. Basically make it so each hero power is insane and floods the board with multiple synergies.

Ultrabum

Welp, I've never made legend and I doubt I am going to this season. I made it to rank 1, but now all of my opponents are fucking sub 200 legend, and quite frankly I am not that good at this game and don't have all the cards. Lost 5 in a row. So I guess I'm done trying, sigh.

Anyone willing to help me make a deck? I just want something good enough to get me to rank 15. I prefer Mage, Paladin, and Priest, but I don't know what my collection is best suited towards. I can post my card collection through screenshots if someone is willing to help, unless there is a better way to show my cards.

Owzers

O_____O i was finally going to finish this rogue daily quest with my awful deck but a warrior played sylvana and then brawl with my second guy who when dies summons Thaddius....and took my thaddius.

It was probably one of you *glares*

ZZMitch

Murlock Knight is great one of my favorite cards of the set (strong + fun theme)

In the same vain of this I think my top 5 cards in the set (in terms of being good + having a fun theme) are:
1. Mysterious Challenger
2. Murloc Knight
3. Effigy
4. Sparing Partner
5. Varian Wrynn

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2008-26-15%2000.25.47_zps2t01izc3.png

That is why this deck is so fun I suppose haha

Dahbomb

I wonder if this new Paladin deck with the Murloc Knight ends up being tier 1 and people start playing Hungry Crab to counter it...

NNNNAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Has anybody tried Evil Heckler in any decks yet?

I just have to imagine that he's actually stronger than people think he is.

Okay, a scenario that just occurred against a Warlock

I was a warrior with justicar trueheart that had stabilized board and was at 30+ armor with hero power + shield block

Enemy Warlock plays wrathguard

I had a shieldslam that was reduced to 0 cost by thaurissan

The Warlock was at 22 health, so it wasn't a 30-0, but it could have been. This means it's not just a 30-to-0 OTK, but a 30-to-0 OTK for zero mana.

I had an opportunity to kill a warlock using backstab this way... I thought I was 1 or 2 points off lethal and didn't see it. Plus he got the minion off bane of doom or something, would have been sweet. I still won but could have won 1 turn earlier.

manhack

Good lord that single digit grind past 5

Who would even?

Some people can cruise through it pretty well, but yeah if you are playing a sub par deck or get unlucky it is tough to break through. When I'm not pushing for Legend I usually bounce around Rank 5 - Rank 2.

Strifecro: "you know this card [Thunderbluff] is strong when you're debating playing it vs. Dr. Boom." (turn 7 empty board except he had 1 totem).

Dahbomb

Kripp's getting greedy at the Legend rank finish line and is basically just playing Midrange Hunter now.

But now he's getting PUNISHED for using the old shit!

johnsmith

remember me
Do you prefer aggressive style or control style?

Aggressive: tempo mage with flamewakers and, if you have him, Rhonin
Control: Dragon Mage or Freeze Mage. I suspect Freeze Mage will be very strong if token / mid rage board control decks continue to rise.

Yeah I went back to tempo and it's better. Token paladin is the new cancer deck, and this does really well against it. Dragon Mage is really bad right., I found it's only good against other control decks, which nobody's really playing.

Papercuts

Niiiice, I just opened a golden Lock N Load.

And now a Mist Caller!

Damn, best 2 random packs I bought with gold ever.

There is a special place in hell for those who top deck lethal when you have lethal on the board, and instead of just playing the card they emote for a minute nonstop first. Sure I can squelch them, but it's always special to see just how big of an asshole someone can be

Line_HTX

Dahbomb, it's final boss time.

Are you ready for your celebration? :p

Oh, I opened my packs on the first night. I got Aviana and Dreadscale... I guess I'll play Druid again after 8 months...

Started a Mage arena last night, finished it up tonight. I use HearthArena to keep track of my stats, but I was curious about how crazy high North Sea Kraken was being evaluated, so high they recommended me to take three of them. It's TGT so whatever I tried it, and then the deck went 12 wins fairly easy.
Deathwing did most of the work though.

GvG and Classic pack as rewards. :(

Dahbomb

King's Elekk is hilariously bad in Midrange Druid especially in a meta where people are playing slower decks. I haven't seen Kripp get any draw from that card for like 12 matches. His deck would be 100x better with Knife Jugglers.

Xanathus

King's Elekk is hilariously bad in Midrange Druid especially in a meta where people are playing slower decks. I haven't seen Kripp get any draw from that card for like 12 matches. His deck would be 100x better with Knife Jugglers.

How is a Druid able to play King's Elekk...

Papercuts

I actually got destroyed in a Shaman mirror due to them having Justicar. Didn't realize how annoying being able to stack the same totems would be...double spell power, taunts to protect them every turn, stacking heals, etc. Seemed like a weaker option compared to other classes(aside from Rogue/Hunter) but I can see the strength of it atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom