• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Paladins filling the board with so much useless shit you run out of waveclear

johnsmith

remember me
Reckful's paladin secrets deck is hilarious.
ZVEsFCP.png

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Secret Pally is the exact type of stupid deck I want to play but will not craft the guy needed for it. Instead I pulled 4 arcane blasts.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
All pally decks are running Justicar and I cant spend 1600 dust on a minion for one class D:

Dahbomb

Bwahaha. We pretty much called that one, didn't we? Fencing Coach I mean.
I don't know man, after we reviewed that card I felt I was a bit harsh on it.

Evaluating it mathematically it's technically a 1 mana 2/2 that you play later. That's about what what you want from a 1 drop minion really stats wise (usually 1 drops are like 2/1 with some added effect, this would be like the Yeti of 1 drops). Then it can enable faster uses of powerful inspire effects like Paeltress. Certainly if you want to use Paeltress in a deck then you probably need to use Fencing Coach as well.

Though from what I have seen... the Inpsire cards that are good don't need another card to combo with them. Stuff like Silverhand Regent, Murloc Knight and Thunderbuff Valiant are good on their own. These cards also have decent stats on the bodies for the cost.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't know man, after we reviewed that card I felt I was a bit harsh on it.

Evaluating it mathematically it's technically a 1 mana 2/2 that you play later. That's about what what you want from a 1 drop minion really stats wise (usually 1 drops are like 2/1 with some added effect, this would be like the Yeti of 1 drops). Then it can enable faster uses of powerful inspire effects like Paeltress. Certainly if you want to use Paeltress in a deck then you probably need to use Fencing Coach as well.

Though from what I have seen... the Inpsire cards that are good don't need another card to combo with them. Stuff like Silverhand Regent, Murloc Knight and Thunderbuff Valiant are good on their own. These cards also have decent stats on the bodies for the cost.

Yeah, I'd imagine some dream would be fencing coach, garrison commander into turn 9 paletress for a double legendary spawn but it seems hard to set up. I still think the card has potential but it'll need a way more optimized list.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Made a silly deck with just Shaman cards, won 5 matches in a row lol

Dudes, it's like there's a new class now. SHAMAN THE GOAT
SHAMGOAT

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Evaluating it mathematically it's technically a 1 mana 2/2 that you play later.

Only if you weren't going to have spare mana that turn anyway, which is often the case in the late game where you're really looking to utilize its effect anyways. A 1 mana 2/2 is very insubstantial in the late game, you need your cards to do more than that. So you're just introducing clunkiness into your deck.

BashNasty

I feel like people just vastly underestimate Blizzard's card making ability in general. We all want to think that we have it all figured out and that we're better at evaluating cards than Blizzard is, but we're not.

I feel like people just vastly underestimate Blizzard's card making ability in general. We all want to think that we have it all figured out and that we're better at evaluating cards than Blizzard is, but we're not.

? Nobody thinks blizzard can't make good cards. Everybody just knows they would rather focus on making money instead.

Dahbomb

Some cards are good, some cards are interesting but situational... and others are just obviously bad.

Like Demonfuse and Ancient Watchman.

BashNasty

? Nobody thinks blizzard can't make good cards. Everybody just knows they would rather focus on making money instead.

Nah, that's silly conspiracy theory bullshit. Obviously Blizzard wants to make money, any company would, but they also want to make a great game.

And they have made a great game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Here's the deck
W7B7QWt.png

I'm glad someone else realizes Mysterious Challenger is basically a 6 mana Dr. Boom. People bitch saying you have to put a bunch of other secrets in your deck, but thats a benefit not a drawback. Though I'm surprised he isn't running an Divine Favors.

I actually think it may be worth it to put in 2 Repentance too, it really does make a lot of value. You need 8 to 9 Secrets to make the deck work IMO. The funny thing is that Eye for an Eye is still trash, I have seen no one even try to run it.

Mr Cola

Good lord that single digit grind past 5

Who would even?

johnsmith

remember me
Is it just me or is kibler's dragon mage total garbage? The only thing it can beat is control warrior, it gets run over by everything else unless you draw your single explosive sheep.

Frenden

Banned
This started as an attempt at control Hunter and slowly became a Lock and Load deck. I bet it could be made more consistent, but it seems to win way more than it ought to.

Anyone else make something similar? What have your results been?

O0V92r5.png

Dahbomb

This started as an attempt at control Hunter and slowly became a Lock and Load deck. I bet it could be made more consistent, but it seems to win way more than it ought to.

Anyone else make something similar? What have your results been?

O0V92r5.png
No Mad Scientists?

Already a below average Hunter deck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I had theorcrafted a mid-range LnL Hunter deck but I didn't pickup any LnLs from my packs to try and out.

0H9EIs7.jpg

I don't think Control Hunter will ever conceivably be a thing. I think a deck like this is closer to what a LnL Hunter will end up turning into, within a few cards.

Opiate

Okay, a scenario that just occurred against a Warlock

I was a warrior with justicar trueheart that had stabilized board and was at 30+ armor with hero power + shield block

Enemy Warlock plays wrathguard

I had a shieldslam that was reduced to 0 cost by thaurissan

The Warlock was at 22 health, so it wasn't a 30-0, but it could have been. This means it's not just a 30-to-0 OTK, but a 30-to-0 OTK for zero mana.

Dahbomb

Okay, a scenario that just occurred against a Warlock

I was a warrior with justicar trueheart that had stabilized board and was at 30+ armor with hero power + shield block

Enemy Warlock plays wrathguard

I had a shieldslam that was reduced to 0 cost by thaurissan

The Warlock was at 22 health, so it wasn't a 30-0, but it could have been. This means it's not just a 30-to-0 OTK, but a 30-to-0 OTK for zero mana.

Why would he do that? LOL!

Vire

Just went 7-0 with Dragon priest deck.

I almost feel bad. I threw a light well in there just see what would happen and the results were surprisingly amazing.

Opiate

What's the best mage deck? I need to grind out another 150 wins, and mech mage is sucking against the new meta.

Do you prefer aggressive style or control style?

Aggressive: tempo mage with flamewakers and, if you have him, Rhonin
Control: Dragon Mage or Freeze Mage. I suspect Freeze Mage will be very strong if token / mid rage board control decks continue to rise.

Nah, that's silly conspiracy theory bullshit. Obviously Blizzard wants to make money, any company would, but they also want to make a great game.

And they have made a great game.

You called it bullshit and then agreed...

Blizzard could release a full set of amazing cards now and that would be that. Obviously they don't do so, so they release some crap as well.

That doesn't mean they don't know cards are crap, they just need to keep working along a long term plan.

Opiate

So, let's talk about decks we're glad exist if only so they counter specific archetypes that should exist but must be kept in check.

What just made me think of this is how Freeze Mage is incredibly strong against midrange decks that focus on flooding the board with sticky minions. Zoo was an example of that, but now totem shaman and this new Murloc Paladin would qualify as well. Freeze Mage may be annoying to you, but its existence helps keep the power of these types of decks in check.

Patron Warrior is a strong counter to all types of token decks, be it Druid token or face paladin (not necessarily tokens, but crappy minions as well) or totem shaman.

Any other decks which provide an important hard counter to specific archetypes or styles?

So, let's talk about decks we're glad exist if only so they counter specific archetypes that should exist but must be kept in check.

What just made me think of this is how Freeze Mage is incredibly strong against midrange decks that focus on flooding the board with sticky minions. Zoo was an example of that, but now totem shaman and this new Murloc Paladin would qualify as well. Freeze Mage may be annoying to you, but its existence helps keep the power of these types of decks in check.

Patron Warrior is a strong counter to all types of token decks, be it Druid token or face paladin (not necessarily tokens, but crappy minions as well) or totem shaman.

Any other decks which provide an important hard counter to specific archetypes or styles?

That Priest deck that runs Deathlords and shit to shut down Aggro. Don't really see that very high in the rankings though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom