• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
"EXPLOSIONS! MORE EXPLOSIONS!"

7 mana
Summon Boom Bots until your side of the board is full.

crazy.gif

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Did some further paladin testing last night and I have completely changed my mind on Gormok. He's never leaving the deck again. Yesterday, I wrote about how I didn't think he fit because it didn't align with the deck's overall game plan. I first evaluated him as a card that's good when you're ahead and snowbally which I wasn't that interested in. When I'm in a winning position I just want to hero power more not keep extending.

But what I didn't realize is that in token paladin, Gormok is actually great when you're behind. That fact was highly unintuitive to me because of his requirement but in really reasonable late game positions, it takes paladin 5-6 mana to go from an empty board to a board with 4 creatures. This leaves exactly the 4 mana you need to further swing the board.

Gormok also provides versatility you don't otherwise have. I won a lot of games where I basically just used him as a bad fireball to finish opponents off. When people play against paladin they tend to play riskier assuming you only have 4 damage of reach via truesilver and Gormok stole a lot of games that way.

V-Faction

Except Patron still dominates.

And when I say Patron, I actually mean Berserker.

Weren't there some discussions about what ways they could nerf the Patron deck on here without completely dismantling the spirit?

Seems like a simple change from "Give" to "Have" on Warsong might do wonders. That or make Berserker 2/3 for less chance at activations.

Xanathus

ATLC in a couple of hours, gonna be interesting to see people bringing new decks
and watching them get wrecked by existing decks

Malice215

I just lost to a double brawl/Justicar/greedy as fuck warrior.

LIKE WHO THE FUCK PLAYS TWO BRAWLS?! You fucking scum.

This pissed me off on day 1 TGT after I was able to control the board twice. Tell me I'm not playing a cheap enough deck on ladder.

I'm having fun playing priest. Now I just need to figure out an optimal deck with the cards that I would like to use. Really like using Holy Champion and Saraad.

Zoggy

beat a paladin that healed himself with that robot, and two of the 5-6 minions that heal for 7.

basically did 55 damage to him

as face hunter lawl.

Pooya

Murloc Knight is pretty much a budget legendary, you must kill it on first sight, like most good legendary cards are. Can't think of another common card like that.

Thunder Bluff for shaman is like that too.
----------------------------------------------

Except Patron still dominates.

And when I say Patron, I actually mean Berserker.

Weren't there some discussions about what ways they could nerf the Patron deck on here without completely dismantling the spirit?

Seems like a simple change from "Give" to "Have" on Warsong might do wonders. That or make Berserker 2/3 for less chance at activations.

That would be a buff! The sure way to beat any patron deck regardless of their draw luck is to iceblock, then steal their berserkers after their combo with Sylvanas or faceless :p

Bizazedo

Justicar Trueheart is my hero, while Varian went to waste.

I queued into one of the new Dragon Priests that seem to be everywhere with my Control Warrior. Things quickly got out of hand. I was facing a board of 4-5 minions on turn six with a quickly silenced Sylvanas and things did not look good.

I dropped Justicar on 7 with a hand that had two Shieldmaiden's and I had not yet used either shield block. What followed was a loooong game that went several turns into fatigue where Tank Up! paired with two shieldmaidens, two shield blocks, the remaining armorsmith, an Antique Healbot, and Alexstracza kept me alive. I must have generated over 40 armor from Tank Up! alone while the others did their work.

Meanwhile, Varian sat in my hand. I wanted to use him to try to seize back board control, but my life fluctuating between 6 hp and 18 EHP after Justicar dropped. If I used him, I wouldn't be able to tank up or slowly whittle away at the Priests board, not to mention him drawing Alex or Healbot, etc., could've been disastrous.

tldr; Justicar TrueHeart is amazing in control warrior, actively thinking of removing Varian already.

I just lost to a double brawl/Justicar/greedy as fuck warrior.

LIKE WHO THE FUCK PLAYS TWO BRAWLS?! You fucking scum.

I play two Brawls. It honestly feels necessary.

ViviOggi

LMAO at the fact there's still people complaining about Patron when aggro got even more cancerous tokens

Did some further paladin testing last night and I have completely changed my mind on Gormok. He's never leaving the deck again. Yesterday, I wrote about how I didn't think he fit because it didn't align with the deck's overall game plan. I first evaluated him as a card that's good when you're ahead and snowbally which I wasn't that interested in. When I'm in a winning position I just want to hero power more not keep extending.

But what I didn't realize is that in token paladin, Gormok is actually great when you're behind. That fact was highly unintuitive to me because of his requirement but in really reasonable late game positions, it takes paladin 5-6 mana to go from an empty board to a board with 4 creatures. This leaves exactly the 4 mana you need to further swing the board.

Gormok also provides versatility you don't otherwise have. I won a lot of games where I basically just used him as a bad fireball to finish opponents off. When people play against paladin they tend to play riskier assuming you only have 4 damage of reach via truesilver and Gormok stole a lot of games that way.
Told y'all

BraXzy

So yeah I think I need to make a new TGT Priest deck :|

I only won because I Circled twice and he then used a heal card on his turn, I guess to buff his already cray cray card to new levels but misjudged the damage he'd get from fatigue xD

inky

Conclusions from TGT:

Murloc Knight always summons a charger*
Tuskar Totemic always summons a Totem Golem*
*exceptions: when you are playing those decks.
Paladin is fucking annoying. Delete class pls.

Rapstah

I've come to the conclusion that if you feel the need to put Cult Master in a deck to have card draw your deck already isn't good enough.

CoolOff

Ram Wrangler is such a dumb fucking card. The fact that it can give you a 3/3 + 1/1 or, as was the case for my opponent just now, a 3/3 + 5/9 is so ridiculously stupid.

Pooya

The RNG stupidity is off the charts in this set.

Old Murk Eye from Murloc Knight, suddenly charge attack for lethal out of nowhere.
Burgle.
Ram Wrangler, Thundra Rhino or free Highmane out of no where? cool...
Tuskarr Totemic, two times in a row it gave draw card totem to my opponent. I was overwhelmed.

Everyone got their esportal this set.

FeD.nL

Justicar Trueheart is my hero, while Varian went to waste.

I queued into one of the new Dragon Priests that seem to be everywhere with my Control Warrior. Things quickly got out of hand. I was facing a board of 4-5 minions on turn six with a quickly silenced Sylvanas and things did not look good.

I dropped Justicar on 7 with a hand that had two Shieldmaiden's and I had not yet used either shield block. What followed was a loooong game that went several turns into fatigue where Tank Up! paired with two shieldmaidens, two shield blocks, the remaining armorsmith, an Antique Healbot, and Alexstracza kept me alive. I must have generated over 40 armor from Tank Up! alone while the others did their work.

Meanwhile, Varian sat in my hand. I wanted to use him to try to seize back board control, but my life fluctuating between 6 hp and 18 EHP after Justicar dropped. If I used him, I wouldn't be able to tank up or slowly whittle away at the Priests board, not to mention him drawing Alex or Healbot, etc., could've been disastrous.

tldr; Justicar TrueHeart is amazing in control warrior, actively thinking of removing Varian already.

I play two Brawls. It honestly feels necessary.

Absolutely love Varian so far. But I don't run Alex. Just packed Justicar and the first two games she was pretty good. But Varian has been very good to me so far, drawing me answers when I need to or just flood the board.

Took out a whirlwind for Justicar, contemplating a second brawl but so far I've been handling myself quite well.

This is my list atm:

6925pup.jpg

Mixed2k

Am I the only one who really likes King's Elekk? For obvious reasons I don't win that many jousts, but when I do it's quite a big deal because I get a Savannah / Dr. Boom / Ragnaros on curve, and those cards are devastating when played on their respective turns.
I replaced the jugglers for them and removed 1 unleash, makes the deck pretty good vs the slow stuff being played right now.

Pooya

my brawl packs have been pretty good so far. Not crazy good but I can't complain. I don't think I ever got a standard one rare 4 commons from brawls.

1440601804-1.jpg

inky

Varian has won me so many games. I'm not convinced it's a good card, but god, you can taste the saltyness of the opponent when it puts like 3 big dragons on the board.
Hasn't backfired yet :p

Pooya

It's still early, when people adjust to it, you want it to not play 3 big drops. I suspect mage still can't deal with it though but paladin, priest and handlock will punish you. Since druid has problem dealing with many minions too, I'm not sure what they do there other than poison seed maybe? Hunter has thing to deal with it too now but hunter's game plan isn't to wait until turn 10. Similar for shaman now.

In general all the token decks will push more aoe inclusion in every other deck. I'm glad I have Baron Geddon right now! amazing value against totem shamans.

There are definitely some annoying games where Varian is in the last 6-7 cards of the deck, and playing him will actually lose me the game because I will go to fatigue first. This is particularly true in the Control Warrior mirror, where he can also lose you the game by giving your opponent a huge Brawl value.

There was one game where he was literally the last card in my deck and at that point he might as well be unplayable since my opponent still had a few cards left.

He can also win the game out of nowhere and he's great in some matchups, like vs. mid-range decks like Paladin.

inky

It's still early, when people adjust to it, you want it to not play 3 big drops. I suspect mage still can't deal with it though but paladin, priest and handlock will punish you. Since druid has problem dealing with many minions too, I'm not sure what they do there other than poison seed maybe? Hunter has thing to deal with it too now but hunter's game plan isn't to wait until turn 10. Similar for shaman now.

In general all the token decks will push more aoe inclusion in every other deck.

Yea, I've been lucky to not get those combos, but I also don't play him recklessly into unfavorable match ups. And I agree, putting one value minion and drawing you 2 cards is probably the much better outcome; getting a weapon and removal is just a good as minions worth ~25 mana on the board. But you know, ymmv.

Still, so much fun.

FeD.nL

T_T

Paladin in brawl has double Aldor, double Eadric the Pure, Tirion...

I got rolled T_T

It can get worse this paladin had 3 fucking Tirions, 2 Bolvars and an Eadric and an Gazlowe which worked perfect for him since I got a crappy mechwarrior deck with 3 fucking Sea reavers.

Pooya

Should I buy another pack or play arena?

After buying like 30 packs I only got like one legendary

depends, can you win 6-7 game in arena even with middling to bad decks to profit?
Are you ok with whatever pack arena gives you? It can be from any of the 3 sets now,

3-4 wins is break even point but now that the pack is random it's not as good as before.

Rapstah

My Brawl pack was Harrison Jones, Baron Geddon, Mindgames, Lightning Bolt and Cult Master.

TGT packs redeemed. I had neither legendary.

brawl_packaqqdx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom