• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's a Brawl. The deck just has 3 Confessors.

Damn you are right, i'm stupid
tears.gif
still pretty damn funny.

ViviOggi

Yeah it's brawl, my opponent got an actual curve including a dragon to get the proc on that shitty 2-drop, meanwhile I got basically the lowest tempo hand possible.

so it seems like the decks in this brawl are always all minions
Yeah I'm pretty sure there were spells the first time around. Such a chore. Guess they really want to hammer home their theme of "arena draft gone horribly wrong".

I got patron w/ mage hero power and coldarra drake out in my last brawl. Needless to say,

༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE,GET IN HERE ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽

inky

I played that Mysterious Challenger deck someone posted last night. It was fun and you could tell people were completely annoyed by it.

Didn't try it in ladder tho. that particular list felt sketchy if you didn't draw your Divine Favor

slayn

needs to show more effort.
That went about as I expected. The secrets are just too low impact when you have to play them. Maybe someday when paladin has 3-4 secrets that are as good as avenge.

That went about as I expected. The secrets are just too low impact when you have to play them. Maybe someday when paladin has 3-4 secrets that are as good as avenge.

I think he just ran too many of them. I think the Challenger is also decent in a deck that isn't quite so all-in on the secrets.

Also yeah if you do run that list you probably live and die by Divine Favor.

Malice215

grimy how? trying to figure out what wasn't working for me. i feel like it needed more dragons, but curious about these kewl hearthphrases

I don't know about grimy being a "hearthphrase", but in constructed you should be thinking about being grimy because people are going to use the cheapest, most efficient decks possible to move up the ladder. Right now people are trying to figure out what works and what doesn't as they make new decks, fit new cards into existing decks, or continue to run with the same crap they've been using because it's already damn good.

Either the dragon theme is not good enough yet, or I suck using it, so I am evaluating what's not working for me in Reynad's deck. I do like the additions of Sylvanas, Lightbomb, and Chromaggus in Kibler's deck, but I'll probably run a different priest deck altogether because I want to use the more fun cards that were introduced and take advantage of inspire. I also feel that Priest's existing board clear at 4 mana is better than hoping to draw one Chillmaw which needs another dragon to activate, plus it can be silenced.

Gaara's Dragon Priest got demolished by Handlock.

I played a game against a handlock the other day was about to cry because of the cheap 8/8s he kept throwing at me, then the 9/9 molten giants with taunt in the late game. I'm not ruling it out of the meta just yet.

As for the randomness that Blizzard has been introducing, I like it. It's great when it works in your favor, infuriating when someone hits you with a King Crush RKO from outta nowhere, and will keep the game from becoming stale unless it gets out of hand.

Saraad is my favorite card in this expansion, I do like the fact that they've introduced ways for other classes to get Paladin cards, and I wish that I would have got 1 Burgle out of all the damn packs I opened.

sibarraz

Banned
so far which new decks are good counterpicks against grim patron?

Or this is a free for all week where meta doesn't matter since everyody is trying new things?

manhack

so far which new decks are good counterpicks against grim patron?

Or this is a free for all week where meta doesn't matter since everyody is trying new things?

Control Warrior, Handlock and Mech Mage are all pretty good vs. Patron.

I really haven't seen that many of them the last few days. Even before TGT they were maybe 10% of the meta..which is still a lot of a single deck type, but not necessarily worth trying to target.

Dahbomb

Yup, the Mysterious Challenger looks nice on paper but then you realize you have to play a bunch of paladin secrets.
That guy is playing WWAAAAYYY too many Secrets.

Like when I was talking about the card I said you would play like 5 max. The guy is playing 10 on top of playing 6 other 1 drops.

inky

That guy is playing WWAAAAYYY too many Secrets.

Like when I was talking about the card I said you would play like 5 max. The guy is playing 10 on top of playing 6 other 1 drops.

Yup, the list I copied yesterday had like 6 only and prioritized sticky minions so that secrets always hit something. This one looked way too inconsistent and always had easily clearable boards.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yup, the Mysterious Challenger looks nice on paper but then you realize you have to play a bunch of paladin secrets.

To make Mysterious Challenger better, you have to make your deck worse. That's why I don't think it's the Madder Scientist everybody said it was.

I would commit instant sudoku if it were in any other class.

Damn the prize division for this tournament appears to be some cliff-edge stuff. $150K to the winning team, $60K to the runners-up, $30K to the 3rd placers, and nothing for everyone else. Even qualifying for the finals in September doesn't guarantee a prize.

SuperBonk

The only way I see Mysterious Challenger being good is getting him through unstable portal in tempo mage. I mean that would be straight up broken but Paladin secrets are so bad and the easiest to play around.

Edit: Also I have no idea why Xixo would pick that deck with so much prize money on the line.

Mixed2k

Xixo had some balls of steel to bring that deck with so much on the line.
And god dammit that deck better be really shitty, I hate playing against secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom