• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Imagine a Mysterious Challenger putting Mirror Entity, Counter Spell, and Effigy into play. Sounds decent.

stop-stop.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
LOL Fist of Jaraxxus legit saved Eloise there.

That Challenger deck has way too many secrets though. 10 is just too many.

Yeah, I think 8 or 9 is the ideal amount. I think its most potent if you both use the secrets you draw for early tempo while making your turn 6 Challenger bring at least 4 secrets to the board.

gutshot

I've got an Archon promo code to giveaway for 50% off a 40 Classic pack purchase. Code must be redeemed through the Amazon Appstore version of Hearthstone and is only valid in the US, UK and DE. It expires on 8/31.

First person to PM me gets it!

EDIT: Claimed!

Tubie

Did the brawl as hunter and managed to get a Tundra Rhino on Turn 4 with coin and a Ram Wrangler on Turn 5 which summoned a Savannah Highmane. The other guy conceded the next turn lol.

I expect Ram Wrangler to be one of the most hated cards in this expansion.

Opiate

Did the brawl as hunter and managed to get a Tundra Rhino on Turn 4 with coin and a Ram Wrangler on Turn 5 which summoned a Savannah Highmane. The other guy conceded the next turn lol.

I expect Ram Wrangler to be one of the most hated cards in this expansion.

For good reason. It's one of those cards which, if you happen to roll right, just instantly wins you the game. People tend not to like those sorts of cards, in my experience.

Razakin

Decided to edit gutshot's collection spreadsheet into golden collection for those who want to track their golden collection and see how much dust you need to finish that up. Link to the google doc.

Should be error free, but please be free to fireball me into face if there's error or two.

Dahbomb

Garbage Brawl this week.

Basically whoever gets proper curve and gets on the board first wins. With no AOE spells to take back the board, it's basically all about tempo and face play.

tylerf

I always really liked Midrange Paladin so I'm glad there are less Patrons around with everyone trying new things so that I can play around with some dude spamming. Also wish I had enough extra dust lying around to craft two golden Murloc Knights.

Maximo

Garbage Brawl this week.

Basically whoever gets proper curve and gets on the board first wins. With no AOE spells to take back the board, it's basically all about tempo and face play.
Yep Greedy Priest kept drawing cards without putting any pressure on the board, and immediately concedes when I assume he found out he had no spells..

ViviOggi

See, this is a Tavern Brawl repeat I can get behind, because everyone gets to play around with the new legendaries.
With the Valkyrs maybe and Gormok if you're lucky. 9/10 times the player with the stronger curve wins within the opening turns.

Their decision to take out spells entirely is just baffling. The brawl was no winner the first time around but now it's a complete waste of time.

cHinzo

Wait, these Brawl decks don't contain any spells? I had Antonidas in my hand and was waiting till I drew some spells lol.

Which class should I play to make the win 5 Brawls quest less painful?

Aomber

Wait, these Brawl decks don't contain any spells? I had Antonidas in my hand and was waiting till I drew some spells lol.

Which class should I play to make the win 5 Brawls quest less painful?

Hunters have been murdering me because of Gahz'rilla

I did pretty well with Warrior if I got lucky

Dahbomb

First Varian ever played in competitive match.

It summoned a Sylvanas and drew Death's Bite and Shield Block.

Not bad, not bad at all.

Aomber

First Varian ever played in competitive match.

It summoned a Sylvanas and drew Death's Bite and Shield Block.

Not bad, not bad at all.
Yeah I had a game where opponent was at a pretty serious board advantage. Drew Varian, which drew a Deathwing and Hellscream

He instantly conceded

Brawl story. My opponent had a full board so I drop Noz.

He goes face, which gives him exact lethal... Except I had iceblock from the inspire legendary.

Top deck bluegill for an exact lethal win.

i have like 1k gold (that's a lot to me lol), never spent a dime on this game besides naxx; what should i buy? classic, gvg, TGT, or BRM wings?

i only own the first wing of BRM , and have a pretty sorry collection (no TGT, maybe 7 GVG packs and a far from complete classic collection)

naxx was sooooooo worth it but all i really see in the rest of BRM is flamewaker, and idk if i really want to spend what 2100 gold mainly for that.. GVG seems to have a lot of cards that you'd need the whole collection to really use (mech decks etc).

I tried the Dragon priest deck by Reynad, and went 6-1 with it(rank 10 & 9). I really like it! I lost to a demonzoo (?), but I didn't draw dragons that game.

But there are a lot of experimental decks going on. I saw a priest that didn't play a single card until turn 7, when he played some circles of healing and conceded. Then I played a Astral Communion druid that played it on turn 2, then Dr. Boom on turn 3. Luckily I had a wyrmrest agent on field to block boombots + SW:D to deal with Boom. I held out after that, until he had a 10-card hand filled by Chromaggus, he used 2nd Astral Communion...to discard everything he had. What? I don't know if it was a mistake or not, but he conceded soon after that.

Ladder is very weird right now. And I like it :)

sibarraz

Banned
Does anyone know if you need the new Murloc/Pirate cards to get Murk-Eye and Captain's Parrot or just the classic ones

Just the classic ones

I lost 3 consecutive matches with dragon priest

The first one was against a hunter where I had all those minions that need a dragon in your hand to had thier effect, didn't drew one in 7 turns

The next match was against a grim patron, I had all the dragons in the world but couldn't play any card until turn 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom