• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing people coin out totem golem and it's such a terrible play. Like fucking really.

Also, the paladin deck in this week's brawl has dr. 6, but no secrets, lmao.

I used sideshow spelleater in brawl and it didn't do anything. It's a battlecry...I still have the hunter hero power not the paladin one. What am I missing?

G.ZZZ

I've had five match points for legends today, i've lost all of them, and i'm now back at 3 star rank1. I'm fucking fuming

ZZMitch

I used sideshow spelleater in brawl and it didn't do anything. It's a battlecry...I still have the hunter hero power not the paladin one. What am I missing?

Blizzard said something about how that card is disabled in Adventure mode, I wonder if they disable it in brawls too?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I actually had 2x Shredder and 1x Murloc Knight and now actually swapped the amount.

It feels...so right. Had a really interesting game vs. a priest where I was able to keep constant pressure in the late game without playing any cards. I didn't play Tirion to dodge mind control and even after AoE would fill up the board. Murloc Knight gave me warleader so he had to shadow word death it, and I just grinded him down. He even used convert on my Justicar for super healing.

Acinixys

rofl
laugh.gif

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I've been telling you guys Mukla's Champion is good. It's basically a Stormwind Champion except it can snowball like crazy. In arena, that is game winning.

Paladin\Shaman Mukla's can basically turn a turn 5 slight advantage in a surefire win by having board control for two turns.
It's all that it takes.

How the fuck is Justicar balanced with Paladin its fucking ridiculous. Should have just given them a 2/2 token not 2 1/1 its complete bullshit. God this Ebola garbage.

Mukla's is good, but I don't think it's good enough in constructed. It's a win more card. I swapped them out of my paladin deck in favor of more tech cards to have more answers.

Murloc Knight is better in most cases.

i have like 1k gold (that's a lot to me lol), never spent a dime on this game besides naxx; what should i buy? classic, gvg, TGT, or BRM wings?

i only own the first wing of BRM , and have a pretty sorry collection (no TGT, maybe 7 GVG packs and a far from complete classic collection)

naxx was sooooooo worth it but all i really see in the rest of BRM is flamewaker, and idk if i really want to spend what 2100 gold mainly for that.. GVG seems to have a lot of cards that you'd need the whole collection to really use (mech decks etc).

NEbody? i mainly run patron warrior, zoo giant warlock, malygos mage, face hunter, buff priest, are any of the class/cards in BRM really worth progressing past wing 1 for? or should i just buy ten classics

manhack

Choose warrior in brawl.. My 1st 4 cards have 2 Varian Wrynn

sigh

EDIT: I some how made it to turn 10.. It turns out playing back to back Varian Wrynn in a Tavern Brawl with only minions is PRETTY good. Especially when after that you draw alexstrazsa

Mulgrok

'worst tavern brawl ever' returns

destroyed in first match due to having 2 avianna and a mechbearcat as my opening hand

Destroyed priest in my next match with 3 malorne in my hand.

Fixed1979

Has anyone tried or had any success in creating a priest deck based on healing until your oponent fatigues. I tried working on it a but this afternoon with minimum success...

Also playing lots of Rekts secret paladin deck...lots of fun and winning lots. Dr 6 is a beast.

KuroNeeko

I like to think of myself as a priest player, and I'm the first to admit that I'm not that good, but I really feel like outside of Dragons, Priest has it really rough right now.

I hope they get some love soon...rogues too.

Not sure if I'll stick with the class. I've only seen Kolento have any sort of success with it and I'm not Kolento.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
This will sound bull I know

I just got an arena draft with no cards above 6 mana, and only 1 6 mana card

How?

Papercuts

Has anyone tried or had any success in creating a priest deck based on healing until your oponent fatigues. I tried working on it a but this afternoon with minimum success...

Also playing lots of Rekts secret paladin deck...lots of fun and winning lots. Dr 6 is a beast.

Isn't that every Priest deck already?

Pooya

I just witnessed the might of Dalaran in the brawl D:

disgusting.

Me playing shaman had full board, one giantm two fire elementals, hogger, Cairne, Thunder Bluff and whole lot of things and totems at 7 full board, the other side had a 2/4, he plays Rhonin. I go full face, he's at 6. I get my taunt destroyed and Rhonin goes into one of giants.... no big deal whatever... then he plays a flamewaker and apprentice ahahaha, so much for random deck.

My whole board got wiped.....

I play Sneed's and he ignores it goes face. I'm still alive and I won by top decking the third fire elemental. but man that was like fireworks. I still think it's not very playable, this won't happen in a real game.

Skux

Mysterious Challenger Paladin is hilarious. Trying this deck with -1 minibot, -1 annoyotron and +2 secretkeeper.

hAVcWC3.png

They often can't remove the Mysterious Challenger on the turn it's played so I'm thinking about adding some buff spells for a massive finisher.

manhack

I tried this guys fatigue (fatique) priest and it was pretty fun. I will probably mess around with it when new season starts.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/287659-s17-rank5-fatique-priest-1-3

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The immortalt "Dont have flamestrike or consecrate" arena draft

If I get 3 wins im calling this a victory

1seafxh.jpg

Dreavus

I learned that my midrangey priest deck from pre-TGT (that was upgraded with a few cards post-TGT like holy champ) can't really do anything against dragon priest decks. Curse you Grand Tournament!

Pooya

Dragon decks would have been very cheap to build if twilight guardian was just a rare card, everything else is from BRM plus Chillmaw or like a couple of rare cards for priest/warrior. I"m not sure how a conditional a bit better than tazdingo is suddenly an epic card!

Greedy Blizzard!

Papercuts

Dragon decks would have been very cheap to build if twilight guardian was just a rare card, everything else is from BRM plus Chillmaw or like a couple of rare cards for priest/warrior. I"m not sure how a conditional a bit better than tazdingo is suddenly an epic card!

Greedy Blizzard!

I feel like this set actually has a lot of epics like that. Hunter Lock and Load, Garrison Commander for hero power based stuff, I guess Mysterious Challenger for hilarious secret spam, etc.

Frenden

Banned
I made a Gormech deck.

Gormock pairs well with the flood and stick nature of both mechs and Implosion and Imp Gang Boss.

There's some fat to be cut here (I made it just to screw around with, but haven't lost on ladder in five matches, so I think there's something here).

CTplVbp.png

Dreavus

I feel like this set actually has a lot of epics like that. Hunter Lock and Load, Garrison Commander for hero power based stuff, I guess Mysterious Challenger for hilarious secret spam, etc.

Mysterious challenger and lock and load feel unique enough to me that epic is where they should be. Garrison commander, though, seems like he'd be great at rare (common 2 drop stats, kind of redundant but cool ability to work with inspire), but it's epic for some reason. :|

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Man, Justicar Trueheart just gives you insane armor. You bet your ass I was jamming that thing every turn. If you get it out early that's pretty much busted against any other slow deck.

Pooya

yeah, Garrison Commander being epic actually is a big barrier for people trying inspire decks too.

I can see how LnL and MC can be epics, those are fine. Murloc Knight oth, probably should have been an epic card....

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
You called it bullshit and then agreed...

Blizzard could release a full set of amazing cards now and that would be that. Obviously they don't do so, so they release some crap as well.

That doesn't mean they don't know cards are crap, they just need to keep working along a long term plan.

Mark Rosewater often remarks that a metagame is 120-150 'good' cards and no more, in any case - unless you start introducing clunky tribal bullshit.
Crap cards are just as planned. There have to be some, unless you make really tight sets.

inky

yeah, Garrison Commander being epic actually is a big barrier for people trying inspire decks too.

I can see how LnL and MC can be epics, those are fine. Murloc Knight oth, probably should have been an epic card....

Ironically, I have no interest in using it and got 2 of them. Had to craft my taunt dragons tho ;_;

Ok i just friended the saltiest Patron Warrior he keeps challenging me i have beaten him a total of 5 times already but he just keeps challenging.

HMMMM these delicious Patron tears.

Pcf190b.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

I think Blizzard sees epics as cards that either fulfill a very particular niche and so it requires greater knowledge of the overall metagame to really know how to use (eg BGH or Blood Knight) or cards that require a certain amount of skill to use correctly. LnL is the kind of card you have to build a deck around, so I think it makes sense that Blizzard doesn't want new players just throwing it into their decks. Evem Garrison Commander fits a very particular niche.

That being said, there are some epics that I think fall through the cracks. Twilight Guardian should probably be a rare, as should Recruiter and Grand Crusader probably. And there are a few rares that could be epic I think, like Fencing Coach.

Murloc Knight oth, probably should have been an epic card....

Power level should have nothing to do with rarity, unless it's a legendary. Murloc Knight isn't niche and you don't really have to build a deck around it. So it doesn't make sense as an epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom