• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

Sea Reaver is only damage to your minions and not all minions? What a piece of crap.

It's like they saw patron and were like "This is what people will want for that deck!"

Maybe if it's stats were a bit bigger, but its just a boulder fist with what is essentially a drawback. Art is cool as hell though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Sea Reaver might make sense if some kind of aggressive enrage warrior was a thing. It's a bonus there. But that deck doesn't really exist, so it won't see play.

KuroNeeko

> Twilight Guardian

I agree about the rarity for this unit. It's unfortunate as I was excited about Dragon Priest, but didn't have the dust to craft two Guardians, a Ysera, and maybe a Chillmal. Gotta sell packs, I guess.

> Priest

Experimenting with Holy Champion, Shadowboxer, and Blademaster. A real Holy Priest-type deck. Tournament Medic saved me against Token Paladin before Thoughtsteal burgled a Consecrate. Seems fun and has decent synergy, but probably isn't any good. If any other priests out there want to compare notes, let's do it!

Mystery

Welp, this just happened to me.

Iupbinf.jpg

i just got powershot, do u ever think it could be worth a slot in face hunter? i use two quickshots and i think two wolfriders and one arcane golem, can't see replacing any of that but i could see an argument made for it, curious what you guys think

i run two release the hounds and jugglers tho as well as an alpha so my evaluation deems it a dead card, idk if its worth dusting already tho might be a little presumptuous

Santiako

I was just watching today's ATLC rerun and that Mysterious Challenger deck is so awful lol, why would you put 16 1 drops in a deck, including 10!!!! secrets. So many dead draws haha

ZealousD

Running a Mysterious Challenger deck with that many secrets seems about as consistent as an Astral Communion deck.

Played about half a dozen brawl as paladin, drew at least one Tyrion every match. Favorite moment is slapping down 3 tyrions one after another in three turns and see the other guy slowly lose all hope.

That mysterious challenger deck probably just drew assbackwards the first use. The second time around it looked much better. And tbh, even with that assbackwards draw it wasn't that bad. The second match I think it lost only because the opponent paladin curved out and iirc it was pretty close in the end.

Magnus

Anyone making a good priest deck work with Eydis, Fjola and a 'buff' theme? I'm trying. I'm like 50% winrate with it. Fiddling now.

is madder bomber worth putting anywhere? thought might have synergy with gurubashi or maybe patron deck but idk only have guru in my priest

I think it is too inconsistent for most decks to run in constructed. For a grim patron type deck, you'd need your patrons to survive a turn already unless you're at 10 mana or used emperor thaurisan. That makes it too difficult to pull off consistently.

Frenden

Banned
I decided to take that baby deck for babies above and refine it a bit. Gormechlock. Bonus win condition = Enhance-O-Windfury into Power Overwhelming. Closed a few out that way.

It's holding its own on ladder--I've lost one time in ten (at rank 14, so ymmv).

Apologies if this is old news. I took a break when GvG's Patron meta started and haven't been keeping on top of things again until TGT's release.

Any ideas for it?

Dahbomb

I don't understand trying to play the twins in a Mech deck. The spare part buff isn't that consistent.

Just play those twins in any aggro/midrange deck that uses a few buffs. Treat the twins like a standard 3 drop (like Spider Tank). When the opponent sees them they will be forced to remove it because of threat of buff.

It's holding its own on ladder--I've lost one time in ten (at rank 14, so ymmv).
Need to remove at least on Enhanco Mechano.

If you are going to play a Mechlock deck (which is what that is) then you should also be using Fel Cannon. That card is good in mech Warlock deck as an additive board control tool. Also play Knife Jugglers if you plan on using Implosions.

That deck however is outclassed the current Midrange Zoolock which runs Void Callers/Void Terrors with high powered demons like Doom Guards and Malganis. The rest of the deck is sticky as heck minions to maintain board presence.

Magnus

Guys, this priest opponent in Ranked just played two Vol'jins against me in separate turns. I can't figure out how he had two.

What are the different ways that might have happened? I was a warlock. He didn't steal it from me somehow...

Immediately after he played it, he didn't take any further actions, roped his next turn, then "your opponent left."

squidyj

my last 4 arena opponents have had fucking dream decks from god on high, what the fuck is this shit?

I get a guy who literally drafts face hunter into a fuckwad who goes gilblin, lance, blessing of champions, argent protector plays a crusader and kings on the crusader, what the actual fuck

I can't even remember what the first guy was but it was basically another fucking constructed deck. how do i get so consistently matched against these fucking decks?

ZealousD

Guys, this priest opponent in Ranked just played two Vol'jins against me in separate turns. I can't figure out how he had two.

What are the different ways that might have happened? I was a warlock. He didn't steal it from me somehow...

Immediately after he played it, he didn't take any further actions, roped his next turn, then "your opponent left."

Chromaggus?

Anyone making a good priest deck work with Eydis, Fjola and a 'buff' theme? I'm trying. I'm like 50% winrate with it. Fiddling now.

The buff that heals you for four looks like the winner for fjola. It even stacks so you get 8 heal plus the divine shields.

Not game breaking but it is a cheap combo that can go a long way in certain match ups.

Frenden

Banned

Thank you! I removed a Yeti and an Enhance-O, added two Knife Jugglers, and am giving it a go.

I just won a match where a Mage Flamestruck my board, killed an Imp Gang Boss, spawned an Imp, and my Knife Juggler hit for perfect lethal with a 50/50 shot before the Imp died along with everyone else.

Okay, yeah. This is better.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Reached legend with murloc knight paladin (741)

final version of the deck
8U3IikW.png

I feel pretty good about all the picks at this point. The healbots 'feel' wrong but stat wise, this was the winningest version of the deck on the road to legend (77%). I think the healbots just let the game go long allowing me to grind out the game. Tuskar Jouster and Sludge Belcher were simply not reliable enough. Healbots just add a level of consistency that I can play to.

And all the rest of the cards feel core at this point. Eadric basically never disappointed. Gormok is outstanding. And Justicar is the most powerful legendary ever printed for paladin. Better than Boom. Better than Tirion.

I also feel certain about the cult master. Half the games where I played him I draw 3+ cards saccing creatures I was going to kill anyway. A very common occurance is my opponent plays Dr Boom and I sack my board into it and draw 4-5 cards.

With the deck complete I think its time to move on to warrior or shaman. Probably shaman.

Maximo

Reached legend with murloc knight paladin (741)

final version of the deck
8U3IikW.png

I feel pretty good about all the picks at this point. The healbots 'feel' wrong but stat wise, this was the winningest version of the deck on the road to legend (77%). I think the healbots just let the game go long allowing me to grind out the game. Tuskar Jouster and Sludge Belcher were simply not reliable enough. Healbots just add a level of consistency that I can play to.

And all the rest of the cards feel core at this point. Eadric basically never disappointed. Gormok is outstanding. And Justicar is the most powerful legendary ever printed for paladin. Better than Boom. Better than Tirion.

I also feel certain about the cult master. Half the games where I played him I draw 3+ cards saccing creatures I was going to kill anyway. A very common occurance is my opponent plays Dr Boom and I sack my board into it and draw 4-5 cards.

With the deck complete I think its time to move on to warrior or shaman. Probably shaman.
Reached Legend? Dam, would love to try the deck out if I had the cards.

Triz

They must have changed the tavern brawl. Played earlier today all minions. Just played and there were spells in the decks.

Fuzzery

Anyone wanna add me? Fuzzery#1906, I like specing ppl when bored

Also does anyone know if 11 wins gives more gold than 12 on average?

manhack

Thanks for the list. I've been loving Gormok in this deck so far but I wasn't sure about whether to fit in Eadric. I'll have to give this a try.

Yeah a lot of people dismissed Eadric, but the fact he neutralized a whole board and can even get value on 1 target is cool.

And he isn't a bad answer to Dr. Boom, Highmane, or any other big targets that don't have triggered effects.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
The main thing people underestimate about Eadric is just how powerful a 3/7 body is. 3/7 is solid. I mean what kills a 3/7? in 97 games with different versions of the deck I don't think he ever died the turn I played him.

Fuzzery

Well, went 12-0 with the strangest rogue list. Had a hobgoblin with 2 creepers, mogashan, and lance bearer.

Had a dark iron skulker too, it did all kinds of work vs pally. No card draw at all, interestingly enough.

sibarraz

Banned
Is Justicar the most "must craft" legendary in TGT? Just to know if I had to make him my next target

Is funny, I vowed to save dust to make it my only legendary to craft for the set, but then, I met dragon priest, I saw a version were you needed Chillmaw and Eydis Darkbane, so I crafted them, then I made 2 garrison commander, a mysterious challenger, and I can' recall which other card

Finally opened my fifty packs. Got only one legendary Varyian Wrynn. *Sigh* Anyone worse off?

Got enough dust to craft a legendary which one is the must have?

I just got my first 12 win arena run! (This is after getting mostly 2-3 wins per draft. Up until today I believe my highest was 4.) I want to thank the weird TGT meta, and Dr. Boom. The only two games I lost were games that I never drew him.

I also wanna thank Gutshot for the 40% off promo! Hopefully these classic packs are better then the nothing I got from the TGT pre-order.

Is Justicar the most "must craft" legendary in TGT? Just to know if I had to make him my next target

Is funny, I vowed to save dust to make it my only legendary to craft for the set, but then, I met dragon priest, I saw a version were you needed Chillmaw and Eydis Darkbane, so I crafted them, then I made 2 garrison commander, a mysterious challenger, and I can' recall which other card

I think he is far from required or "must craft". In terms of fun, versatile in terms of deck building, yeah he is probably great for that since he impacts every class very differently.

Maybe he will prove himself to be key in certain decks, I dunno about that. But I don't think he is a must craft for playing competitively.

The main thing people underestimate about Eadric is just how powerful a 3/7 body is. 3/7 is solid. I mean what kills a 3/7? in 200 games with different versions of the deck I don't think he ever died the turn I played him.

Shadow word pain, voljin ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom