• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

The main thing people underestimate about Eadric is just how powerful a 3/7 body is. 3/7 is solid. I mean what kills a 3/7? in 200 games with different versions of the deck I don't think he ever died the turn I played him.

200 games? TGT has been out for less than 3 days o_O

sibarraz

Banned
I cant pass rank 10 with dragon priest but also I can't lose my ranking there lol

I guess that I still need to learn how to use it, still, I'm understanding more the deck now, I was trading too much with when I should actually try some little and go face since my tempo is too good at the beggining

Maximo

Was playing Token Paladin before in ranked and getting annoyed by certain types of decks, so i busted out a old favorite of mine the Mill Druid, and im surprisingly doing well. Does well against greedy hold holders late game, and its doing well against more aggro types, might play some more rounds and see how it holds up.

Varian and a healthy dose of Brawl/Geddon/Whirlwind/Revenge make the Paladin matchup winnable for Control Warrior.

The annoying games are the ones where I stabilize with the board clears but don't draw Varian until I have 5 cards left in my deck. I usually lose those games because we both run out of steam and on an empty board, Justicar's power is better for Paladin than Warrior (especially with a topdeck Quartermaster which kicked my ass one game).

But with Varian he lets me win topdeck wars after I stabilize which is nice.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The main thing people underestimate about Eadric is just how powerful a 3/7 body is. 3/7 is solid. I mean what kills a 3/7? in 97 games with different versions of the deck I don't think he ever died the turn I played him.

Shadow Word Pain?

johnsmith

remember me
Reynad plays face warrior, gets angry when others start playing it against him after he switches decks.

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/reynad-smorc

Finally played against secrets paladin. It is not a good deck.

It seems workable, at least right now
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/3ih29d/mad_hatter_paladin_top_100_legend/
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/3ij22b/secret_paladin_to_legend_with_79_winrate/

At the least, it's still being refined and could end up being decent.

I do have my doubts given the need to pack in a bunch of cards that are mediocre on their own (the secrets).

Man, rank 5 was a breeze tonight. I hit rank 5 last night or two nights ago now, and 5 win streak to rank 4. Too bad it is so late otherwise I'd keep the ball rolling.

Reynad plays face warrior, gets angry when others start playing it against him after he switches decks.

Yeah its funny. He could play a terribad deck and people would copy the fuck out of it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jeez. Didn't even play consecrate all game, let alone equality, and saw Varian from the Tuskarr Jouster...but nah, played Varian + Rag + Azure Drake right into it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It seems workable, at least right now
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/3ih29d/mad_hatter_paladin_top_100_legend/
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/3ij22b/secret_paladin_to_legend_with_79_winrate/

At the least, it's still being refined and could end up being decent.

I do have my doubts given the need to pack in a bunch of cards that are mediocre on their own (the secrets).

The secrets really aren't bad cards, as long as you win fast, like before turn 9. They are weak if you top deck them with no hand, but as long as you can keep a decent hand you are fine.

Everyone knows Avenge is amazing. Nobel Sacrafise usually force the opponent to make really shitty trades, and is great tempo early (It has fucked up so many warriors). Repentance basically nullifies what ever card they drop. Competitive Spirit and Redemption are the only two you really don't want under bad situations, which is why normally only 1 Redemption is run in these decks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think he is far from required or "must craft". In terms of fun, versatile in terms of deck building, yeah he is probably great for that since he impacts every class very differently.

Maybe he will prove himself to be key in certain decks, I dunno about that. But I don't think he is a must craft for playing competitively.

Justicar is probably a must in Control Warrior. Shieldmaiden might be better against Face decks but with midrange and control decks she gives you so much armor to stall the game with. At the very least she'll pop in and out of the deck like Baron Geddon, but I think she might be better then that. I haven't experimented with her enough in Paladin yet but I think that's another class where she has potential.

Wow, easiest arena win ever. Game didn't seem like it was going to find an opponent, and then it said they left. Now I am 6-0 with a Mage deck that I thought would've lost already.

Dahbomb

Pirate Rogue is hilariously fun.

The deck list I am running is like a combination of Oil Rogue and Pirates.

Basically the regular minions of Oil Rogue replaced by Pirates. The 1 drop Pirates do a lot of work as does Ship's Cannon. Shady Dealer is legit too.

When this deck is rolling it finishes the game by turn 6-7 easy. But when it doesn't it just falls flat real quick (Fiery War Axe demolishes it).

I don't have Sky Capn Kragg but I am not sure how much better the Pirate deck would be with it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Reynad at his usual point where he thinks he created every deck, everyone is copying him, everyone ghosts him and watch his stream and everyone who plays and watches hearthstone is horrible and a child.

But its entertaining.

KuroNeeko

Yup, ladder is nothing but Priest and Paladin.

Well Shaman, you had a good two days.

Yeah, I've noticed. Seems smirk-worthy as I mostly play priest.

Seen some interesting priest decks though... Been seeing a LOT of Lightwell for some reason...

I keep getting fucked in ranked. Priest plays Confessor Paletress, summons Kel'Thuzad. No quick removal in my hand. Augh.

Give the man props for running Paletress!

At least they're trying new things!

Yeah, I've noticed. Seems smirk-worthy as I mostly play priest.

Seen some interesting priest decks though... Been seeing a LOT of Lightwell for some reason...

I tried an inspire deck. Paletress + hero power is an incredibly powerful combo. The problem is getting there without completely losing board control. If you manage to bait out removal + be not losing on board, Paletress can win you the game. But I guess Rag or any powerful legendary would do the same thing?

Dahbomb

Man Paladin is every where online now.

There's Token Inspire Paladin, Eboladin (w/ some changes), Midrange Paladin, Control Paladin and even Secret MC Paladin.

And all of them have the same shitty openers with Shielded Minibots and Muster for Battles.

People were talking shit about that Secret Paladin but when it gets rolling it's harder to stop than Eboladin.

ViviOggi

Yeah I lost to Beast Hunter yesterday and was only slightly mad because at least it's something different

Losing both Elekk jousts and both Wrangler rolls being massive was still bs though

zoukka

Problem with secret paladin is that MC is pretty bad on an empty board. The secrets do not synergise with one minion at all, the deck needs dudes on the table all the time and your opponents will clear them whenever they can. Also the deck always loses any matches that go to late game.

Man Paladin is every whereonline now.

There's Token Inspire Paladin, Eboladin (w/ some changes), Midrange Paladin, Control Paladin and even Secret MC Paladin.

And all of them have the same shitty openers with Shielded Minibots and Muster for Battles.

People were talking shit about that Secret Paladin but when it gets rolling it's harder to stop than Eboladin.

As far as I can tell, rogue still spanks all paladin, perhaps most disadvantaged vs aggro with a bad starting hand.

Zakalwe

Banned
Playing CW, currently running:
Emperor T, Sylvanas, Justicar, Dr Boom, Grommash, Ragnaros, Varian.

I have enough to craft one more legendary:

Barron G
Ysera
Alex

Which would you go for first?

manhack

Man Paladin is every where online now.

Yeah don't get me wrong I love paladin. Hit legend with it and got golden portrait, but it is a little odd seeing SO many of them. 4 in a row so far tonight....

So was playing brawl as rogue and had the assassin's blade then played the copy your opponents hero power card and it did nothing so I guess working as intended XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom