• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parshias7

Aggro Paladin is the new Hunter Undertaker deck for me: a deck that is clearly powerful and can get you a lot of quick wins... unless I'm playing it, in which case it is garbage.

daemissary

People thought that Arena would slow down but early on tempo is more important than ever. That's because there's less chance of AOE clears and removal spells... it's even more minion focused than before (naturally as more minions are introduced than spells).

Having board advantage also allows your Inspire minions to get out of hand when you are even slightly ahead. There's a definite increased snowball factor in arena now. The games where I won, I won very easily when I was ahead but the games where I lost it felt like I never could regain board control.

Maybe I am just getting incredibly unlucky because I'm definitely seeing less AOE when I draft but I'm not seeing less of it in my opponents decks.

Maybe there are just less people playing arena now because it isn't guaranteed to give you a TGT pack so people are just using their gold to buy TGT. Maybe I'll watch some arena streamers today and see if their win percentage is down too to make myself feel better.

Tacitus_

Karmic justice for yesterday

Magnus

Does anyone feel that certain cards need to be re-rated in terms of rarity? Like, their effects and stats are clearly not appropriate for their cost etc at their current rarity?

Making Mad Scientist an epic, or Flamestrike a rare, etc.

Dahbomb

Does anyone feel that certain cards need to be re-rated in terms of rarity? Like, their effects and stats are clearly not appropriate for their cost etc at their current rarity?

People have been asking for balance based on arena for years but Blizzard won't do it.

Flamestrike is a basic card and it's a very good basic card so it kinda screws over new players if you replaced that with another card in the set.

IceMarker

Yeah, why is Mogor's Champion rare? I feel like I'm being punished anytime I turn over that card. At least with Ice Rager and Evil Heckler I feel like at least I get power creep cards.

Why does Recruiter have to be epic? I'd understand if it had just one. more. health.

johnsmith

remember me

I don't think blizzard will ever balance for arena, and common-epic rarity is irrelevant for constructed.

cHinzo

Huh, that Secret Paladin deck is pretty fun now, I have a feeling future expansions will throw it into almost Patron Warrior tier.
Yeah loving the deck. It's fun to play, pretty consistent (suprisingly) and making ur opponent go 'WTF' after dropping Mysterious Challenger is amazing. I'm running the deck from ThijsHS which has a better mid game imo without secretkeepers, but with Mad Scientists, one Murloc Knight, Dr. Boom and a Loatheb (don't have Tirion). Went 13-3 (81,25% winrate) from rank 9 to 5. :D

Outside patron, paladin is probably overall the strongest class right now. There's like at least 3 archetypes, 5+ variations. Though I don't find secret paladin that strong usually. It's very hit or miss.

Did lose to an interesting Dragon Shaman earlier, but that went to fatigue with lay on hands stuck in my hand. I think he would have lost but he ran double healing wave and won a joust on at least one.

Priest, dragon and regular also seem decently strong, but mostly only if you get wrecked by a northshire's card draw. Like the games I lose they've drawn 8+ cards on me and there wasn't much I could do about it.

Anyway, at rank 3 now. Might push for legend more next season, but I'll see how far I get this one. It's not really fun if you don't get to spend time there screwing around experimenting.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Rarity should have nothing to do with power, unless we are talking legendaries. Rarity currently correlates with the amount of skill or game knowledge needed to play the card, and that is a pretty good system imo. You don't want new players fiddling with cards they don't or can't understand.

Dahbomb

Rarity should have nothing to do with power, unless we are talking legendaries. Rarity currently correlates with the amount of skill or game knowledge needed to play the card, and that is a pretty good system imo. You don't want new players fiddling with cards they don't or can't understand.
Man BGH is so difficult to understand.

kappa.png

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Man BGH is so difficult to understand.

kappa.png
ZealousD is mostly correct on this except that some middle complexity cards get relegated to epic because there aren't enough niche cards to fill the number of epics they want in the game. Druid is a good example of this. Druid doesn't have cards that require thought so they just had to put the big creatures in that spot

fuck druids and their mindless decks

ViviOggi

ZealousD is mostly correct on this except that some middle complexity cards get relegated to epic because there aren't enough niche cards to fill the number of epics they want in the game. Druid is a good example of this. Druid doesn't have cards that require thought so they just had to put the big creatures in that spot

fuck druids and their mindless decks
I've always talked shit about the class but would take a ladder full of Druids over this incredibly braindead token spam meta any day of the week

Dahbomb

I think Bolster should've been an epic to be honest. It's a niche card for a niche deck. That fits the bill for most epics in the game (niche cards that are usually tech cards or fit into very specific decks).

Same for Gang Up to be honest.

ZealousD

Naturalize could have easily been an epic.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Forsenboys got rekt
laugh.gif
I kinda wanted to see forsen move forward but whatever. Also guys i don't know what's going on but i have been having extremely bad buffering on twitch. youtube streaming seems to works so i dunno what's going on.

Bizazedo

Yeah, why is Mogor's Champion rare? I feel like I'm being punished anytime I turn over that card. At least with Ice Rager and Evil Heckler I feel like at least I get power creep cards.
I pulled two golden Mogor's Champions in my packs. Can you feel my excitement?!

Kripp & now Tides playing Dreadsteed decks + Kripp now posting a Youtube video for it means my days as a semi-special snowflake are coming to an end. It'll start showing up online more, now.

Thing is, if you know it's a Dreadsteed deck, it's actually easier to beat. One of the main reasons people lose to it is they have no idea what it is / how it plays / amazingly undervalue and ignore Dreadsteed.

Dahbomb

I mean would you really use up your precious silence on a Dreadsteed when Void Callers are also in the deck? That's the option select of the Dreadsteed deck.

Coketruck

Yeah loving the deck. It's fun to play, pretty consistent (suprisingly) and making ur opponent go 'WTF' after dropping Mysterious Challenger is amazing. I'm running the deck from ThijsHS which has a better mid game imo without secretkeepers, but with Mad Scientists, one Murloc Knight, Dr. Boom and a Loatheb (don't have Tirion). Went 13-3 (81,25% winrate) from rank 9 to 5. :D

What's ThijsHS deck look like? I'm having fun with my Secret Paladin deck, but I feel like it needs some tweaking.

Bizazedo

I mean would you really use up your precious silence on a Dreadsteed when Void Callers are also in the deck? That's the option select of the Dreadsteed deck.

I mean more like one of the best things you can do is, if Rivendare pops out, force all of the spots to become Dreadsteed if possible so they can't play anything bigger. Dependant on your hand, obviously :).

Seems like your starting hand is the most determinative it has ever been, but that's probably just a natural consequence of power creep through multiple expansions. The difference between a perfect starting hand and a merely playable one just feels insane (let alone if you get bad luck and fail to draw anything of use). If they get the dream scientist/minibot, juggler, token combo off, you better have drawn equally perfectly or you're probably hosed.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
"Oh cool, a mission for paladin, I'll just do it in tavern brawl"

7 straight losses later

I reaaaaaly don't like this tavern brawl

at first I thought it was just the paladin the the bad decks, until i mirror matched a paladin, and lost lmao

inky

"Oh cool, a mission for paladin, I'll just do it in tavern brawl"

7 straight losses later

I reaaaaaly don't like this tavern brawl

at first I thought it was just the paladin the the bad decks, until i mirror matched a paladin, and lost lmao

Well, Paladin vs Paladin is a 50/50 matchup. :kappa

ZealousD

I mean more like one of the best things you can do is, if Rivendare pops out, force all of the spots to become Dreadsteed if possible so they can't play anything bigger. Dependant on your hand, obviously :).

That's still 7 damage every turn. That's a lot.

Rapstah

How would you force the seventh spot to be a Dreadsteed? You'd have to kill Rivendare to open the spot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom