• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Do you guys dust stuff for classes, and not just extras, you don't usually play? I'm having a hard time filling out classes i do want to play so i'm thinking about giving up on Shaman entirely. I already dust the elusive gold cards i get if they aren't really useful just to get the extra dust.

Do you guys dust stuff for classes, and not just extras, you don't usually play? I'm having a hard time filling out classes i do want to play so i'm thinking about giving up on Shaman entirely. I already dust the elusive gold cards i get if they aren't really useful just to get the extra dust.

That's a really bad long term strategy. If you plan on playing the game for a while, you'll eventually get to where you wish you had all the cards. Dusting commons might not be too bad since you'll probably get them back anyway, but I wouldn't dust anything higher than a rare (probably wouldn't even dust those either unless they were just completely unplayable).

Cat Party

I mean more like one of the best things you can do is, if Rivendare pops out, force all of the spots to become Dreadsteed if possible so they can't play anything bigger. Dependant on your hand, obviously :).
Noxious just did this with Kel'Thuzad and had 7 dreadsteeds on board. Pretty awesome.

I'm pretty aggressive about dusting cards, but only if I think they're bad/unplayable. I would be much less aggressive if I already had everything I needed to play my favourite decks, but I'm still a fair ways off that point.

inky

I like keeping my goldens. As long as I have 2 copies of a certain card (e.g. 1 regular + 1 golden copy), I don't mind dusting a common or rare, even if they aren't technically considered "repeats" under the crafting menu.

I try to keep as broad a collection as possible tho. Never know what will see some use. Excepts epics like Bestial Wrath and that new Rogue Weapon. Fuck those. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Gimme dat dust.

antipod

Yeah, I have some classes that I almost never play and dust most valuables for those classes, to focus on some other instead.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Can't believe I'm actually excited for a ranked season to end. I want my gold cards!!

Owzers

That's a really bad long term strategy. If you plan on playing the game for a while, you'll eventually get to where you wish you had all the cards. Dusting commons might not be too bad since you'll probably get them back anyway, but I wouldn't dust anything higher than a rare (probably wouldn't even dust those either unless they were just completely unplayable).

it would mainly be bad if the next expansion or something came out and it was perfect for the cards i just dusted, but it's hard to think that far in advance while i don't have some basic rares/epics like quartermaster, equality, only one muster, no knife jugglers or argus etc and my only legendaries are Trogg, Cairne and Nax stuff. My face hunter doesn't have unleash the hounds even :/

cHinzo

What's ThijsHS deck look like? I'm having fun with my Secret Paladin deck, but I feel like it needs some tweaking.

11894593_709457889156065_1296733891843794845_o.jpg

This is his deck. He went from Rank 2 to Legend Top 300 with a 16-6 run.

Dahbomb

11894593_709457889156065_1296733891843794845_o.jpg

This is his deck. He went from Rank 2 to Legend Top 300 with a 16-6 run.
This is the type of deck I thought of when Mysterious Challenger was introduced. I am not a big fan of the Xixo crap 10 secrets and 6 1 drops into the deck to make some yolo aggro deck even if it does work sometimes.

Last few days I've been noticing some of the cards in hearthstone flicker little blacks areas every few seconds on occasion, its most obvious in my collection while browsing cards.

Whats strange though is it seems to only happen at 1440p, anything lower and its fine, anyone else noticed this?

That feel when you make your match that much harder when you accidentally fireball you own Antonidas. Still won but holy shit it was close. Anyone have any good deck guides for a newbie?

tylerf

Just watched Day9 counter a warsong-patron turn with a board full of dudes by having so many secrets that the warrior could barely figure out which plays to make. Incredible.

cHinzo

This is the type of deck I thought of when Mysterious Challenger was introduced. I am not a big fan of the Xixo crap 10 secrets and 6 1 drops into the deck to make some yolo aggro deck even if it does work sometimes.

Yeah, that aggro deck is way less consistent from what I've seen.

Thanks. My deck is pretty similar; biggest difference is that I tried swapping out Trion for Loathab to protect against board clears, but it hasn't been worth it so far.

I love running Loatheb in my deck (although it's because I don't have Tirion). Running them both would be great, but I don't see much room to make space for it. Maybe replace the Murloc Knight with it, although the Murloc Knight is a great late game card itself.

Just watched Day9 counter a warsong-patron turn with a board full of dudes by having so many secrets that the warrior could barely figure out which plays to make. Incredible.
Secredin! Very fun to play the deck.

Maximo

Secret Paladin causing Patron Warriors to rope or making stupid trades or in general just freaking the fuck out when secrets are popping one by one, too much thinking!
Also no Greater satisfaction then owning someone who spams *Sorry* and *Well Played* every time he makes a trade or decent move.

So this is the paladin deck I am thinking about completing. Figured I'd see if anyone has any input on this before I spend about 1800 dust on it.

CNigcqXUcAA9pcc.jpg:large

Argent lances instead of zombie chows.

A warhorse trainer + 1 quartermaster to activate recruits. But will likely cut trainer for BGH.

1 murloc knight cause I kinda think 2 might be a bit too all in on that strategy. This is taking place of what previously was a tech card and often was kezan mystic.

Shredders still although could cut 1 for a second murloc knight... dunno if that is worth it. Murloc knight seems like it will work for this deck's strategy but could be very bad if I have to play it on curve for little impact.

Loatheb might be cut for sylvanas.

I think I might want 1 tuskar jouster.

clav

So this is the paladin deck I am thinking about completing. Figured I'd see if anyone has any input on this before I spend about 1800 dust on it.

CNigcqXUcAA9pcc.jpg:large

Argent lances instead of zombie chows.

A warhorse trainer + 1 quartermaster to activate recruits. But will likely cut trainer for BGH.

1 murloc knight cause I kinda think 2 might be a bit too all in on that strategy. This is taking place of what previously was a tech card and often was kezan mystic.

Shredders still although could cut 1 for a second murloc knight... dunno if that is worth it. Murloc knight seems like it will work for this deck's strategy but could be very bad if I have to play it on curve for little impact.

Loatheb might be cut for sylvanas.

I think I might want 1 tuskar jouster.

Maybe consider Bolf instead of the healbot?

what do u guys think is the best version of the patron deck?

i run a dead corsair but that's unpopular, altho i don't have armor smiths yet unfortunately

Maybe consider Bolf instead of the healbot?

You mean healbot? I'm pretty sure bolf is absolutely terrible against control decks though and probably not much stronger against aggro. Seems like a tech card against burn decks to artificially increase your lifespan.

edit:
It basically lets your opponent kill your minion without taking damage to their minion by hitting my face instead of the minion.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I keep running into this lock deck that plays dreadsteed. I don't really get it. It never seems to do anything useful.

Pooya

what do u guys think is the best version of the patron deck?

i run a dead corsair but that's unpopular, altho i don't have armor smiths yet unfortunately

whichever one that runs two unstable ghouls and one shield slam. It's the one mostly used in tournaments too. Look for Sjow's patron decks.

2 Lances, 2 Musters and 2 Truesilvers seem too much, maybe cut 1 Lance?

Yeah, I've thought of that, it is small beans and can be done no problem if necessary. I think 2 lances is worth a try at least for now.

edit:

I think my main concern is kinda justicar and eadric. I'm just not sure if justicar is worth including over sylvanas and whether eadric is going to be worth including at all. I mean, on paper eadric seems amazing so I'm not so concerned about him. I've heard people talk him up saying he is pretty great in a lot of match ups. But justicar over sylvanas... sylvanas eats a silence or has the potential to turn a match around. Justicar really helps with the attrition game and maybe even makes a second quartermaster worth running. Plus justicar is just cool cause she effects each class differently leading to a lot of potential deck experimentation. 3200 dust is a lot to spend early on though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So new list, bigger cost but... maybe awesome:

I don't necessarily like 1x Healbot and 1x Tuskarr Jouster. It feels like you're trying to have it both ways and only weakening the deck by doing so. If you feel you can't win the jousts then run Healbot. If you're winning jousts than run Tuskarr Jouster. I think you need to evaluate your performance against midrange decks and pick accordingly. If you suffer against midrange then run healbots. If you need help against both control and aggro, then run Tuskarr Jouster.

Santiako

I've seen Justicar in action and she's straight up bonkers in Paladin, Eadric doesn't look too good but I haven't played with or against him.

Justicar is good in at least control warrior and paladin if you can fit her in. Also seen her in priest to decent effect, especially with Auchenai. Eadric I'm not convinced there's room for in paladin, though the effect is strong since it's a battlecry.

Frenden

Banned
I wonder if the GvG Paladin legendary (forget the name--Bolvar maybe?) is better now that you're pooping out two dudes a turn, potentially with Justicar? Probably not. Too slow and situational still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom