• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

Just played a Secredin vs Secredin game. Pretty fun. Interesting to see how he used a Sunwalker + redemption combo, but I think the deck doesn't need anymore 6 drops. Prefer playing Belcher/Loatheb on turn 5 into Mysterious Challenger on 6. MC will be played at turn 6 at all times and else u have Murloc Knight at 6. My Boom Bots were MVP though. I ran one into a Sunwalker and the bomb killed a 1/1 recruit of him which procced the redemption. XD Had exactly lethal with my other minions + Truesilver.

Celegus

Havent really been keeping up since I ended up with about 0 useful TGT cards. Are there any Dr B-esque must-have cards yet? Got some dust I can use up if anything really sticks out, would prefer neutral cards to use anywhere.

This is where my paladin deck is at currently:

CNkz49QU8AAMBeY.jpg

This version went 10-5, granted maybe 1 win was a bit sketchy since the opponent kinda left early.

I'm still not convinced murloc knight is worth including.

Previous version.

A lot of people have trouble keeping up with double recruit hero power to the point where I don't think kelthuzad is really that necessary to the late game attrition strategy.

JohnCYQ

So I gave Beast Druid a try (put in all the new druid beasts). I've concluded that Knight of the Wild is terrible most of the time.

Even if you happen to get him in the opening hand, you would have to be able to play 3 consecutive beasts (coin haunted creeper into another creeper/DotS then DotF) in order to drop him on T4, and that's like the best case scenario. If you start without the coin, you're going to need an Innervate. I would much rather just use Ancient of Lores instead.

The current version of the deck I'm using:

Not too sure how to optimize it from here. Thinking of maybe dropping one Wild Walker, Shredder or Belcher for either Emperor or Sylvanas.

FeD.nL

This is where my paladin deck is at currently:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNkz49QU8AAMBeY.jpg[IMG]

This version went 10-5, granted maybe 1 win was a bit sketchy since the opponent kinda left early.

I'm still not convinced murloc knight is worth including.

[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176845565&postcount=11404"]Previous version.[/URL]

A lot of people have trouble keeping up with double recruit hero power to the point where I don't think kelthuzad is really that necessary to the late game attrition strategy.[/QUOTE]

How is Eadric so far? I want to craft him for my deck I just built. Really surprised by the results so far. 100% joust win ratio so far lol but so far the deck is 6-1. This is the list i'm running atm:

[QUOTE][img]http://i.imgur.com/ly6XHjp.png

Basically, heal, sweep the board and win the late game by either my big minions or just a lot of silver hands. No minions below 5 so I haven't lost a joust yet. But I kinda wanna test out Eadric for more control, if he is worth crafting.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kripps dreadsteed deck is top tier trolling.

it can be improved though. I swapped out the shredders for imp gang boss because it's really lacking in 3 drops and I needed some help against aggression. I'm also going to experiment with Dread Infernals in this deck. That might also shore it up against aggression and will do nothing to your Dreadsteeds.

Fireblend

Banned
Got a golden Cogmaster's Wrench. Apparently it's absolutely worthless as a card, but I can't bring myself to dust it. The animation's so pretty :(

Finally made it to rank 5... playing Face Hunter. Went from 22 up to 9 with Midrange Hunter before TGT was released (I was an Arena only player before the awards were announced), then messed around with Patron and dropped to 13, then got to 6 with Dragon Priest before running into a wall of deeper control decks and super-tempo secret/token Paladins and falling back to 8, before going back to the most boring deck of all and rocketing up to 5 in an hour.

KuroNeeko

Uh-oh.

Played Hunter to do my dailies and just threw together a Beast / Midrange deck with Explosives, Bear Traps, Snakes Traps, Flair, and Kezan Mystics.....and had lots of fun...

Do I have to turn in my Priest robes?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
paladins are new cancer of hearthstone holy shit. And we all thought mysterious challenger was garbage when it was revealed me included.

Zoggy

it seems like this brawl is just that one of the two people will have a horribly unbalanced deck.

Every game I play (no matter which class) is either a landslide victory for me or the other guy.

wtf blizzard.

JesseZao

it seems like this brawl is just that one of the two people will have a horribly unbalanced deck.

Every game I play (no matter which class) is either a landslide victory for me or the other guy.

wtf blizzard.

It's not a competitive format. This week is "try out the new cards."

Bizazedo

it can be improved though. I swapped out the shredders for imp gang boss because it's really lacking in 3 drops and I needed some help against aggression. I'm also going to experiment with Dread Infernals in this deck. That might also shore it up against aggression and will do nothing to your Dreadsteeds.

Agree, Kripp's can be improved a lot. TidesofTime added two Doomsayers and it seemed to help a ton as well.

It's going to be a lot of fun tinkering with it.

This so much. Paladin everywhere.

What's the best deck vs paladin? Patron I guess?

I think (Face) Hunter is heavily favoured if it runs Flare. Flooding the board with junk is generally a bad idea against Hunter due to Explosive Trap and UTH, it has the best anti-secret card in the game, and can reliably contest the board in turns 1-3. Racing will usually lose against Face Hunter and Divine Favour is less of a recovery tool. If it's a Paladin with tons of healing and Taunts it'll likely win though.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
LOL i had lethal on board vs a druid and i had 2 hp and i dunno why but i tapped, i fucking tapped losing the game. i am not even mad.

Owzers

LOL i had lethal on board vs a druid and i had 2 hp and i dunno why but i tapped, i fucking tapped losing the game. i am not even mad.

fearless tapping.

There are soooooooo many cards i need so it feels pretty bad when i finish daily quests and open up my one pack to find redundant commons for the few i have and an iffy alarm bot rare.

Rapstah

I was thinking about Mistcaller. Is there a single card that is being run in competitive decks whose effect does not have immediate value? How many of those cards are there even? Gang Up is an example of a card that does nothing when you play it, and it is only run in mill decks which can almost guarantee that they'll draw the Coldlight Oracle they used it on because they have more than one Coldlight Oracle, or the tools to draw out the game until they draw at least one of the ones Gang Up put in their deck.

Is "tempo" the term to use here? Cards without "tempo"?

Death's Bite is almost an example I guess? You get 4 damage right away but most Warriors keep the second charge to use the Whirlwind effect on a later turn.

Edit: Haunted Creeper? I guess?

Dahbomb

Is there a single card that is being run in competitive decks whose effect does not have immediate value? How many of those cards are there even?
Justicar is being run and that in most cases provides no immediately value.

Also I would say Shade has no immediate value either. You are playing a 2/2 stealth for 3 mana, that's not really that efficient. You are saving up that value for later use.

inky

Only if you play Cleric in turn 1. Most people don't unless they want a body to PWS. Usually they save it and combo it for draw later.

Dahbomb

Deathrattles shouldn't count, you are putting a solid body on the ground. Shredder has maximum value on turn 4.

Cleric also gives immediate value if you properly combo it. And even if you play it on turn 1, it's a 1/3 for 1 that's not even that bad.

CoolOff

I was playing the Dreadsteed-deck Noxious is running on stream right now. Faced a Rogue, who played a naked Saraad on turn 5. I couldn't deal with it, but I had Voidcaller and Dreadsteed on board after that. I kill my Voidcaller and get Malganis out.

He inspires and gets Sac Pact. HOW MANY SPELLS ARE THERE IN THIS GAME, AND HE GETS FUCKING SAC PACT?!

zoukka

Opponent gets a Tirion from Effigy + Force Tank in arena.

Skillstone.

(then again I picked Druid over Mage so it's my fault really right blizzard?)

ZZMitch

Opponent gets a Tirion from Effigy + Force Tank in arena.

Skillstone.

(then again I picked Druid over Mage so it's my fault really right blizzard?)

I don't know the full game situation but I would recommend not killing an 8 drop if there might be an effigy on the board lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom