• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
I am not too smart, but to me, warlocks in TGT sounds like an exercise in frustration. This is my thought:

When you form a gameplan, if that plan involves tapping, you naturally tap first to see if it gives better options, right? But Inspire kinda holds that plan as hostage in favor of playing the cards first. So it's two lines of play, both with drawbacks.

shira

I was able to finish 2 daily goals and get 3/3 win bonus last night.
Opened up HS this morning and bam I have three new daily goals?

Did I trigger somekind of win mechanic?

ViviOggi

I was able to finish 2 daily goals and get 3/3 win bonus last night.
Opened up HS this morning and bam I have three new daily goals?

Did I trigger somekind of win mechanic?
As long as you don't reroll any of your dailies an additional three stack up. Recently there's been reports of people not getting their extra dailies though so you did get a little lucky.

ViviOggi

I am not too smart, but to me, warlocks in TGT sounds like an exercise in frustration. This is my thought:

When you form a gameplan, if that plan involves tapping, you naturally tap first to see if it gives better options, right? But Inspire kinda holds that plan as hostage in favor of playing the cards first. So it's two lines of play, both with drawbacks.
If anything inspire will be a Handlock mid- to early lategame thing. The archetype can afford to be slow and has proven itself rather flexible with Demon Handlock and Malylock, so we'll have to see how clunky it'll be and if the value is worth it to begin with. Inspire Zoo is not happening for sure.

CoolOff

New card: Darnassus Panther Rider

02fa23d5b76e74ead4c75aaa2ec0db2e.png

2 mana 2/3 druid card
Battlecry: Gain an empty mana crystal
Deathrattle: Destroy a mana crystal

Interesting I guess? If it pops out of a Shredder you'll be sad.

Leezard

02fa23d5b76e74ead4c75aaa2ec0db2e.png

2 mana 2/3 druid card

This seems like a nice buff target. If they silence it you will lose the deathrattle.

CoolOff

It's kind of cool against aggro tbh. Dropping that turn 2 against a Face Hunter really forces them to deal with it, and if they don't your temporary Wild Growth + a 2/3 will win you the game.

The more I look at it the stronger it seems.

Ultrabum

It's kind of cool against aggro tbh. Dropping that turn 2 against a Face Hunter really forces them to deal with it, and if they don't your temporary Wild Growth + a 2/3 will win you the game.

The more I look at it the stronger it seems.

Kinda like a bad universal mechwarper if you only play 1 minion.

Rapstah

You can silence it yourself with Keeper the next turn if you want to, or play your four-drop before killing it off for a mini-Innervate.

Cool card! At least it's interesting.

gutshot

I really like that card. Baits removal from your opponent or else you get to ramp into a Shredder or that new beast card. Wonder if this might push Wild Growth out of all but the most late-game heavy ramp builds? It is certainly better against aggro decks. Wild Growth is too slow against those. I always mulligan WG away versus Hunter.

Amazing art too. It's the one that Trump has been using for the background of his card reviews on YouTube. I was wondering what card would get that art.

Raxus

I don't care what anyone says, That card only helps druid in and out of arena. Just one more card to ramp.

10/10 card seriously.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if that new card is viable enough to replace wild growth in constructed druid decks, probably not but you could argue that it's an anti aggro tech card, anyway it's a very interesting card. Also they totally nerfed piloted shredder.

Santiako

2 mana 2/3 druid card

That card is awesome and potentially game winning if you pop a mirror entity with it. I love it!

Too crowded in Tempo Mage no?

Yeah, probably. But if Mad Scientist gets nerfed, 4-5 slots will open.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Alright, both of those minions are pretty damn interesting.

If sorcerer's apprentice interacts with this and lowers the hero power I feel like there may be ways to set up an OTK with mage since you could double stack them for a free hero power.

Raxus

It is really about damn time Druid got a card and a solid mirror entity defense after how much shit they got last set.

Pooya

finally some good cards. So would Apprentice reduce your hero power to one mana when that card is on board? That would be very interesting. You could do some insane combos with this and Drake.

Obviously the card is made for Lock and Load Hunter.

The panther rider is cool too, now this card is something you can't afford to let live. Druid buffs become really useful too now as if it is silenced you still get extra value out of it. Interesting card, I wish it was neutral though. I could find some other uses for it. Obviously Shredder nerf...

I like cards dealing with mana crystals. I had an idea of anti aggro card that works with your mana crystal count, so that you could fully heal if it was played before a certain turn, and then give aggro decks card that give mana crystals to combat the effect. I hope they do more with mana crystal count.

manhack

Nevermind FAKE CARD

Just looked up some cards to see what this would affect.

Not sure if Loatheb would affect this?

1. Any of the Spell Damage minions
  2. Violet Teacher
  3. The new 3/4 Fjola and Eydis.
  4. Malygos
  5. Troggzor
  6. Burly Rockjaw Trogg
  7. Stonesplinter Trogg
  8. Wild Pyromancer
  9. Gadgetzan
  10. Flamewaker
  11. Dragonkin Sorcerer
  12. Mana Addict
  13. Lock and Load 0.o

Pooya

You could play it on turn two, if it lives you can silence it with Keeper of the Grove. It's tricky to get permanent value out of it, but even one turn with extra mana early in the match is great for druid.

gutshot

I won the Challengestone 40% off 15 Classic Packs however I already have most of the Classic set and I'd rather spend my money on TGT once it drops. So I'd like to give away the promo code to a HearthstoneGAF member, preferably one who is a newer player and could really use a boost to their Classic collection. If that describes you, send me a PM. First one to PM me, gets it.

Note: you have to have access to the Amazon Appstore version of Hearthstone to be able to redeem this deal.

EDIT: Claimed!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Darnassas Panther Rider seems crazy strong. It's pretty much a Mechwarper that works on anything. Also worth mentioning that playing this into Mirror Entity is nightmare fuel for the Mage. If Druid ever becomes popular in the meta because of this card than Mages will likely cut Mirror Entity entirely and play Effigy instead.

However, I'm struggling with slotting this in anyway. Do you cut Wrath or Wild Growth? That's a tough decision. Maybe you don't cut either, but what else could you cut out of Druid? Shade?

Scary as hell in arena, but since this is a rare you can't count on it becoming a Druid staple there.

Pooya

If panther rider was a neutral it would be a meta changing card. It's very interesting. For Druid it's a pretty strong card still, they didn't have 2 drops really.

I thought that card looked fake as shit tbh. First off, the effect is dumb and unclear. And second, the background... Talking about the disciple one. Panther one I dunno. It isn't on hearthpwn so prob fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom