• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaman just has a crappy set of favorable matchups.

If the meta is ever dominated by Druids, control Warriors and Handlocks then maybe Shaman can be a factor again.

Being demolished by Paladin and Priest and Patron being favorable against Shaman doesn't help matters. Not to mention Shaman still isn't great against Hunter either.

I've been playing totem shaman lately and secret paladin and hunter aren't bad match ups at all in my experience. You have a lot of tools to deal with them. I'm running double spirit wolf though, which helps a lot against aggro. I have easily an 80% win rate against face hunter, mid range is a little harder, but just save Hex for savanna lion's and you're golden. If you win the joust with healing wave (which has a decent chance of happening against hunter) then you win right there and then.

Aggro paladin is easy for the same reasons hunter is easy. Secret paladin is again a little harder, but it's not that hard to play around the secrets, and you have somewhat decent AoE. I wouldn't say I'm unfavored against those decks. There are much worse match ups. Control Warrior seems much more difficult, since unless you get an explosive opening (or Bloodlust at just the right time) you can't put enough pressure before the big hitters start dropping. Dragon priest is also a toss up, depending on who gets a better draw IMO, maybe he's the slight favorite there as well.

Santiako

This is my Tempo Mage list, it's been doing amazing on ladder. The only cards I keep flip-flopping on are Spellslingers, I switch them to Arcane Intellect and back every other day.

leDQC8l.png

It's by far the deck with the most amount of RNG involved though :p

The card I really want to fit in is Fallen Hero, but for that I would have to remove the secrets package, and that is way too powerful right now.

Valiant thunderbluff seems like a fun card. Got so much ridiculous value out of it versus a priest who couldn't remove it, whom also wasted all his good AOE removal already.

This idiot also put a power word glory on my dude and then a turn later played a auchenai soul priest which ended up making the PW glory deal 4 damage to his face. He didn't get a heal off the first turn after he played it because all I did was remove a minion instead of hitting face. Then he did the auchenai soulpriest so I actually benefitted from him including that card.

edit:
I might have to craft mistwalker. I can see him working well because he turns those totems you include in your deck into actual threats, especially with valiant. Flame tongue totem, mana tide totem, and vitality totem become 1/4s which are then buffed by valiant to become 3/4s, 5/4, etc..

Try to get the easy starting gold by getting all your heroes to level 10 and also beating every class's expert deck. This should help you get familiar while also building up gold. You can also get 10 gold per 3 wins in Play mode which should also help you learn the ropes. Just play ranked for these, you can't lose stars until you pass rank 20 anyway so just use it as a learning experience. Play arena once you're comfortable with the mechanics since it's a pretty big gold sink and you don't want to be dropping 150 gold to go 0-3

Yeah, I've been neglecting the other classes a bit, but I'll make time to get them all to level 10.

Ranked is awful at the moment even with better cards, it should ease up as the month goes on though.

However the Tavern Brawl mode should help you and it opens tomorrow if you have a hero at rank 20, some weeks they give you pre-made/random decks which in theory gives everybody the same chance, it's good for quests (and learning) and at the moment you get free pack from it.

I have a rank 18, so I'm nearly there.

Thanks for the help both, much appreciated.

Hupsel

Unbalenced esports portal should only summon a random non-legendary minion fuck this card. Or reduce the cost by only 2 at least.

_DrMario_

More deck slots = too confusing.

But hey let's have my Sylvanas not capture the minion that pops out of the shredder because "she was played first".

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

But hey let's have my Sylvanas not capture the minion that pops out of the shredder because "she was played first".
I have to live through played first scenarios way too often with Death's Bite.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm playing Riddler Paladin against a Tempo Mage. I've had a Noble Sacrifice secret up for a very long time, like 5 turns.

I have 5 damage on the board and a charge of a Light's Justice. The mage has 4 health.

He plays Mirror Image, then uses Polymorph: Boar on one of them.

"Thank you!"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It was kind of a crapshoot. Sometimes it was predictable but other times it dependent on the number of targets on the board, the phase of the moon, whether the groundhog saw his own shadow, etc.

When I was just starting out and before I learned about the more complex things like turn order for deathrattles I thought they were just priority based. Like something that spawned a minion like Haunted Creeper or the Shredders would trigger before something like Sylvanas or Death's Bite.

I don't know if that would work with Hearthstone's coding or internal logic.

Dahbomb

If I started to list all the weird, inconsistent card interactions in the game then we would be here all day.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm still a big fan of silence on a 5/10 ancient of war making it a 5/5 while the 4/6 druid of the claw is still a 4/6 despite having the exact same card text.

But nah, slots are too obtuse.

Does she work on boss hero powers in adventures?

No, but they said that ahead of time so that's atleast intentional.

I'm still a big fan of silence on a 5/10 ancient of war making it a 5/5 while the 4/6 druid of the claw is still a 4/6 despite having the exact same card text.

But nah, slots are too obtuse.

No, but they said that ahead of time so that's atleast intentional.

I think that might be because the Druid of the Claw's two forms count as three different minions - the base Druid of the Claw, the Charge and the Taunt. Ancient of War is all the same.

...maybe?

sibarraz

Banned
When I was just starting out and before I learned about the more complex things like turn order for deathrattles I thought they were just priority based. Like something that spawned a minion like Haunted Creeper or the Shredders would trigger before something like Sylvanas or Death's Bite.

I don't know if that would work with Hearthstone's coding or internal logic.

Could you explain the deathrattle order?

Also, if I remove all the board of a paladin, and they had that secret that revives one minion, which one gets the priority?

ZealousD

I think that might be because the Druid of the Claw's two forms count as three different minions - the base Druid of the Claw, the Charge and the Taunt. Ancient of War is all the same.

...maybe?

Yeah, Druid of the Claw is a transformation effect while Ancient of War is a buff. Transformation effects cannot be silenced. Druid of the Claw's card text really should reflect that it is a transformation effect, but it's possible that the text is too long, so they've kept it as is.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

...maybe?

Yeah, that's right. It makes sense in practice but the text is actually wrong and was fixed in later Druid cards.

242.png
587.png

Exact same text, but Claw transforms into a different minion.

14457.png
22307.png
12243.png

Keyword: Transform--you can't silence this off since they turn into a new minion.

And for a bonus:

12219.png

Works as you'd expect, becomes a 2/2 after silenced with both choices like the War. All they need to do is add transform to Druid of the Claw's text and it bugs the shit out of me because it currently makes no sense. Like Druid of the Saber is the EXACT SAME text, lol.

Dahbomb

Could you explain the deathrattle order?

Also, if I remove all the board of a paladin, and they had that secret that revives one minion, which one gets the priority?
Simplest example I can tell you is this:

1st scenario: You play Sylvanas first and they play Highmane next. If you run your Sylvanas into their Highmane you won't steal one of the the doggie that pops out. That's because the Sylvanas was played first and its deathrattle resolves before the Highmane Deathrattle resolves.

2nd scenario: You play Sylvanas AFTER they played their Highmane. If you run your Sylvanas into their Highmane then you WILL steal one the doggies that pops out. The Highmane deathratthle resolves before the Sylvanas deathrattle resolves as it was played first.

I believe the one on the left side of the board gets revived.

sibarraz

Banned
Simplest example I can tell you is this:

1st scenario: You play Sylvanas first and they play Highmane next. If you run your Sylvanas into their Highmane you won't steal one of the the doggie that pops out. That's because the Sylvanas was played first and its deathrattle resolves before the Highmane Deathrattle resolves.

2nd scenario: You play Sylvanas AFTER they played their Highmane. If you run your Sylvanas into their Highmane then you WILL steal one the doggies that pops out. The Highmane deathratthle resolves before the Sylvanas deathrattle resolves as it was played first.

I believe the one on the left side of the board gets revived.

thanks! maybe thats why my sylvana plays are not optimal

caesar

Banned
Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s ability allows for a player to potentially draw many cards for little cost. Card draw and card advantage are important to the game—overall, games are less interesting when a player draws their entire deck. This change brings Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s cost more in line with its power level.

4head

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s ability allows for a player to potentially draw many cards for little cost. Card draw and card advantage are important to the game—overall, games are less interesting when a player draws their entire deck. This change brings Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s cost more in line with its power level.

4head

Wow that sounds so broken, a 5 mana 4/4 that draws your entire deck is op as fuck, is like having a 2 mana card that does the same thing, thankfully blizzard will never make the same mistake again.....................
EleGiggle.png

Saprol

What are relatively low-dust decks to build? I have Naxx cards so really any deck I run for class dailies, I stuff it full of harvests / creepers / belchers then whatever looks good class-wise.

ZealousD

What are relatively low-dust decks to build? I have Naxx cards so really any deck I run for class dailies, I stuff it full of harvests / creepers / belchers then whatever looks good class-wise.

Face Hunter has only commons and rares. The only BRM card is Quick Shot.
Aggro Secret Paladin is also very cheap, with just the 2 Mysterious Challengers as epics.

johnsmith

remember me
We need more hunters on ladder because fuck secret paladins. Dr 6 is so fucking broken. Whoever approved that card is a fucking moron. Like if you're even on board it's an automatic loss if they play it. The only way to deal with it is to be massively ahead on board, or have a flare in hand.

We need more hunters on ladder because fuck secret paladins. Dr 6 is so fucking broken. Whoever approved that card is a fucking moron.

Honestly, I don't find it that strong. As a single card of course it's powerful. But for it to work well, you have to fill your deck with, honestly, some pretty bad cards. Plus, if/when your opponent deals with it, you're out of gas.

caesar

Banned
We need more hunters on ladder because fuck secret paladins. Dr 6 is so fucking broken. Whoever approved that card is a fucking moron. Like if you're even on board it's an automatic loss if they play it. The only way to deal with it is to be massively ahead on board, or have a flare in hand.
Honestly its the combination of the deck thinning and divine favor that makes it really messed up. If they play Dr 6 and then follow with its an instant win. Also makes me rage when I'm playing patron and their secrets take forever to proc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom