• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Hearthstone_Screenshot_10_24_15_17_00_50.png

10706835_312269115625892_1788894402_n.jpg

Face Hunter player. I was playing Control Warrior.

Regarding harrison, I think several decks can still afford to run harrison and it is quite good against truesilver still, and secret paladin still runs truesilver last I checked. Plus there are a number of warrior decks still going around. It isn't terrible vs hunter. I could see running it in druid or warrior, or even midrange paladin.

edit:
Also forgot to mention tirion/ashbringer, it is definitely a tool that lets you beat that card pretty hard. I've had unlosable games thrown by a timely harrison draw. Usually happens when my opponent can clear tirion without spending much mana cause harrison is pretty costly.

I think it is about time I make a blingtron... but I do want to make a gormok as well. But I think I might ladder with blingtron in tempo mage next month. It'll replace sylvanas unless priest is popular.

Mulgrok

I am glad people mainly choose paladin in arena, because I have a 70% win rate against them. I suck against all the other classes though.

Pooya

Firebat - Kolento game was great, some of the best hearthstone you can ever see. The two have the best decks too. Firebat better wreck Ek0p.

so once again the more aggressive decks push out the slower decks. shocking, absolutely shocking.

You're trying to make a point about the larger game using this tournament format that did not allow almost all spot removal and almost all AOE. Even if the ladder meta was all control, this format would still likely be all aggression instead.

Pooya

Firebat played really well, his decks were the best too. Building a hunter deck is a lot different than in normal Hearthstone, he didn't win just on the back of smorc. His paladin deck was way better than anyone else.

To be fair warrior gets away with 60+ health pools over the course of some games. Without combo finishes cards like alexstrasza, justicar trueheart, and armor gain in general would just be terribly too strong. Now with ET and justicar, warriors can alexstrasza, and tank up to boost to 19 health in a single turn.

(I say this as someone who just lost to aggro druid's combo on curve who had a shit game plan the entire game that just happened to drop me to 14 and me being 2 off lethal because his shredder dropped him an explosive sheep at the right time, thus gaining him 2 health).

Pooya

1445741364-1.jpg

my trash warlock deck still won. The power of 2 drops!

The only thing my deck has going for it is one bane of doom which so far has been disgustingly good. Jaraxxus pretty much shut the game down once. Doomguard is always nice. The worst thing I got was an infernal, 6/6 for 5 isn't bad. 7-2 so far, I didn't see hitting more than 5 wins at first.

Interactive games and all that, this is balanced.

Just fought a rogue who had the most bullshit RNG out of his burgle which gave him a dragon consort and a god damned tyrion for the win. Sometimes this game's RNG is so bullshit I don't even know why I bother playing it.

ViviOggi

Just fought a rogue who had the most bullshit RNG out of his burgle which gave him a dragon consort and a god damned tyrion for the win. Sometimes this game's RNG is so bullshit I don't even know why I bother playing it.
I get PJSalty quite a bit but shit like that doesn't even phase me. They had to run Burgle in the first place then get the 1% dream, it's like whatever, you lost a game to bullshit but it's still just one game. What I get mad at is multiple games in a row where they draw perfect curves, my bombers miss even x/1s, they get Millhouse from Shredders while I get Novice Engineer and they coin Highmane into Balancer into Boom and then topdick the last Fireball for lethal. Like, shit happens and it's infuriating for the moment but you gotta look at the bigger picture.

ViviOggi

So i tried to play Malylock... So naive to think that i will ever manage to reach a late game let alone use combo in this meta.
To be fair Malylock was always gimmick trash. Mediocre board presence, little tempo potential and overly reliant on a single combo enabler. Deck was a fad, now let it rip in pepperonis.

Miletius

I really enjoyed what I was able to catch of Challengestone today and I hope that tournaments continue to innovate and push the game in new directions. My hope is that Blizzard will see things like Challengestone and push towards a more exciting tournament scene. I don't think they'd ever retire cards/sets from ladder because people would be locked out of playing decks with cards they purchased, but I feel like the tourney scene is a good place to start to say things like "okay, no more of X card, or a type II format from Magic (only cards from certain expansions are allowed). Those changes might even eventually hit ladder in some sort of standard format (although unlikely to be something as drastic as retiring certain sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom