• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulgrok

Testing out a rogue deck in casual, usually I don't bother, but finding it amusing that I've come across 3 freeze mage, 3 handlocks, a secret paladin and malygos shaman.

Edit:

4 handlocks now....I guess this is where all these decks have gone to escape the meta lol

this past week I faced mostly handlock and control/fatigue warrior in constructed. Boring games.

Two Boom Bots to the face for 4 dmg which leads into perfect lethal from hero power + double savage roar. I think I am about done with Hearthstone for a while.

Dahbomb

I think Dragon Priest and Freeze Mage are the only competitive decks that don't run Dr Balanced at the moment. Maybe if you include Oil Rogue in that as well but Oil Rogue is currently tier 4 status unfortunately.

I see it in all Warrior decks (including the new Patron deck), all Secret Pally decks, Midrange Paladin, Tempo Mage, all Warlock decks, all Druid decks, Midrange Hunter and all Shaman decks (elegiggle).

Testing out a rogue deck in casual, usually I don't bother, but finding it amusing that I've come across 3 freeze mage, 3 handlocks, a secret paladin and malygos shaman.

Edit:

4 handlocks now....I guess this is where all these decks have gone to escape the meta lol
Yeah I tested my Bolf Handlock deck in Casual and ran into some Rogues and Shaman. Played against a Control Shaman too that was interesting (he was able to heal from 3 HP to max HP with double Healing Wave).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh, well, this is what I get for attempting rank 5 at the end of the season.

Pooya

Alex or Geddon.

1445914397-1.jpg

I feel with Alex I can set up surprise lethal rather easily.

caesar

Banned
Only lost to people using fel reaver a couple times. Usually I can either kill it instantly, set up annoying divine shield taunts or aldor it and laugh.

EDIT: 2 wins from rank 5, time to take a break before I crack.

Well Midrange Paladin is one of the best counters to fel reaver so you're just lucky I guess.

Haly

Praise RNGesus, hallowed by thy name
My topdecks come, my counters gone
This month as it was the last
Give this day my Rank 5
And forgive me my BMs
As I have forgiven my opponents'
And lead me not into Christmas trees
But deliver me from this game

Fel Reaver is only good if you are not expecting Fel Reaver. In the druid deck that people are copying these days for instance, it works because you start out preparing to play around standard ramp/combo stuff. Then it is like "oh, this deck".

If you are ready for it, you tend to fuck them up pretty nicely.

Pooya

Fel Reaver is great against other aggro deck, they don't have any answer for it. Face Hunter can't deal with it.

it's a coin flip against control, specially control warrior (well it's the only control deck anyway lol), you can't hope to hit face with it really, you should probably don't play it unless you think they don't have the answer.

it's really a bad idea to play it against any mid range deck, they can punish you really badly.

It's suicide to play it against combo decks, well basically rogue now, rogue can win the game right there...you gotta be yolo to play it there, it's never a good idea. I recall earlier this season playing patron, these aggro druid just hit fatigue in like turn 6. It was hilarious. Cruel Taskmaster, inner rage on CT, Battle Rage, Execute. lol that's 12 cards right there. Good times.

Only lost to people using fel reaver a couple times. Usually I can either kill it instantly, set up annoying divine shield taunts or aldor it and laugh.

EDIT: 2 wins from rank 5, time to take a break before I crack.

You sound like me last season, except mine was still much worse. Play secret paladin and you will get there eventually.

Dahbomb

Fel Reaver is great currently because everyone is playing yolo aggro at the moment. Most of these aggro decks don't run hard removals, heals or taunts to stall the game. They definitely aren't carrying BGHs either which is what has actually kept Fel Reaver back previously. Before everyone carried BGH for Dr Balanced and if an aggro deck carried Fel Reaver then your BGH would actually hit something instead of sitting dead in your hand.

Miletius

Fel Reaver is great currently because everyone is playing yolo aggro at the moment. Most of these aggro decks don't run hard removals, heals or taunts to stall the game. They definitely aren't carrying BGHs either which is what has actually kept Fel Reaver back previously. Before everyone carried BGH for Dr Balanced and if an aggro deck carried Fel Reaver then your BGH would actually hit something instead of sitting dead in your hand.

The market will solve then, as people start teching in BGH and other counters to Fel Reaver. My midrange Paladin runs 2x Aldors and 2x Equality so it's never an issue for that deck, and my Priest runs 2x SWD and 2x Lightbomb, so Fel Reaver isn't usually an issue unless they force me to spend removal early.

Casual was basically all face hunters for the games I played tonight. Control priest does well against them, so that's nice.

Haly

I don't really see Fel Reavers.

Maybe twice or three times this entire season from 16 to 5.

Mulgrok

Rank 5

Tastes much sweeter since I got there off a win streak against zoolock, aggro hunter, and the last was secret paladin. Completely destroyed them because god draws.

My midrange paladin deck only has a 55% win rate because I don't have (edit) Tyrion or mysterious challengers. I don't run any secrets at all.

EDIT: honorable mention goes to the lone Sunwalker in my deck who pulled off some clutch saves.

Cat Party

The other downside to Fel Reaver that doesn't get discussed much is the amount of information you give up while your cards are being burned. For example, losing 9 cards doesn't usually put you into fatigue, but your opponent gets to see an additional 1/3 of your deck that you won't have access to. It's too risky.

zoukka

The other downside to Fel Reaver that doesn't get discussed much is the amount of information you give up while your cards are being burned. For example, losing 9 cards doesn't usually put you into fatigue, but your opponent gets to see an additional 1/3 of your deck that you won't have access to. It's too risky.

In a non-tournament netdeck ladder this is not really an issue.

Haly

It's not like the Secret Paladin player is actually paying attention to anything you do EleGiggle

caesar

Banned

Who cares when theyre dead anyway.

Miletius

Rank 5

Tastes much sweeter since I got there off a win streak against zoolock, aggro hunter, and the last was secret paladin. Completely destroyed them because god draws.

My midrange paladin deck only has a 55% win rate because I don't have antonidus or mysterious challengers. I don't run any secrets at all.

EDIT: honorable mention goes to the lone Sunwalker in my deck who pulled off some clutch saves.

You mean Tyrion?

Dahbomb

The market will solve then, as people start teching in BGH and other counters to Fel Reaver. My midrange Paladin runs 2x Aldors and 2x Equality so it's never an issue for that deck, and my Priest runs 2x SWD and 2x Lightbomb, so Fel Reaver isn't usually an issue unless they force me to spend removal early.

Casual was basically all face hunters for the games I played tonight. Control priest does well against them, so that's nice.
With so many aggro decks online, ain't no one got time for BGH. Besides Fel Reaver is only used in one deck (a couple more if you also include the Mech decks), if you want to have BGH in your deck then you want it for Dr Balanced (which is in almost all the decks nowadays) not for Fel Reaver specifically.

If the meta was a bit slower then people would deal with Fel Reaver no problem. When it's a Face Hunter against Aggro Druid... there's no way the Face Hunter is thinking "welp time to put in BGH in my Face Hunter deck to counter Fel Reavers". Hell if anything the Face Hunter would put in Fel Reaver himself!

Now if all these aggro decks start thinking "hey might as well put Fel Reaver into my deck" then yeah maybe all the other midrange/tempo/aggro decks start carrying pocket BGHs as well but right now it's not that common for the average ladder deck to start carrying it.

In a game where 99% of people are playing 100% the same decks, I don't think that is much of a risk.

Dahbomb

In a game where 99% of people are playing 100% the same decks, I don't think that is much of a risk.
Information as in "ok he doesn't have double savage roar now" or "ok he doesn't have Force of Natures in hand now". If I see that my opponent has lost both pieces of his combos then my plays are radically altered after that.

Information as in "ok he doesn't have double savage roar now" or "ok he doesn't have Force of Natures in hand now". If I see that my opponent has lost both pieces of his combos then my plays are radically altered after that.

Not really. The dude just played Fel Reaver so they are are either going to win right there or they are already done.

Dahbomb

Not really. The dude just played Fel Reaver so they are are either going to win right there or they are already done.
Aggro Druid usually always play Fel Reaver on turn 5. Sometimes they even Innervate it out. Just because the Fel Reaver is dealt with doesn't mean the game is over. Sometimes the Fel Reaver gets to hit face once and is dealt with but the threat of combo still lingers on afterwards. Knowing what cards they had discarded can help you out greatly.

Just because the Fel Reaver is dealt with doesn't mean the game is over.

If you see enough of their deck for it to matter, the game is already over. As you said they'll play Fel Reaver as early as possible and you are not going much longer.

Here is a better question. Tonight I faced two hunters running bluegill warrior. ?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Face hunter mirrors are hilarious in the dumbest ways. He has turn 1 leper, I have turn 1 leper coin leper. We both had a glaivezooka follow up with zero trading and even had matching misha rolls right after.

Pooya

that blizzcon meta, so varied and entertaining, there is even a shaman. I like to see how rogue does here.

11220104_10153427611059681_9460025641052187_n.jpg

Lifecoach bringing what I assume is control warrior and handlock, I feel bad for him against all that druid druid druid...

Thijs is the only one bringing priest.

I'm guessing Hotform and purple have been talking...

I'm not sure what kinda shaman these asian players play.

My experience with fel reaver in aggro druid is that burning them out of cards is not a big deal. They often have a set of cards in their hand or a few left in their deck that they can win off of. The matches often came down to whether they had another fel reaver or dr. boom. Knowing what they likely have is sometimes useful, but that presumes you have the choice to play around it in the first place.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
12 druids
8 hunters
7 mages
7 paladins
4 warriors
4 warlocks
3 rogues
2 shamans
1 priest

As expected. more shamans and rogues than i would have guessed, maybe.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So when do we expect Blizz to announce the next Adventure? At Blizz Con or after?

I'd like a new adventure in Dec, but no leaks makes me think we might be done for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom