• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulgrok

Mind control technician's text should be corrected since the more minions I have on the board the more likely it is to steal the one that swing the game for them.

Pooya

If Blizzard gave control strong tools, then we will have another circle jerk on reddit about how the game is p2w now as their smorc decks aren't rolling over everyone anymore. It has been proven that Blizzard cares about opinion of those rank 15 plebs more than anything with patron nerf.

If Blizzard gave control strong tools, then we will have another circle jerk on reddit about how the game is p2w now as their smorc decks aren't rolling over everyone anymore. It has been proven that Blizzard cares about opinion of those rank 15 plebs more than anything with patron nerf.

A lot more thank just rank 15 "plebs" wanted patron to be nerfed, including pro players.

Pooya

yeah like 3 players wanted the nerf. A lot of the players, I'd say most were upset about the nerf, including the world champion, Lifecoach, Thijs etc, they had some mean words for Blizzard.... The only players that were happy about the nerf were those who couldn't play it, unsurprisingly, it's good for them in the competitive scene.

Raytow

Patron was a pleb deck fairly cheap and even more in comparison to wallet warrior.

Pooya

Patron was a pleb deck fairly cheap and even more in comparison to wallet warrior.

The cost issue is in regard to make control decks stronger by giving them new tools that Kripp suggests and that players will complain if control has consistent edge against aggro because those are the cheaps decks now. His idea is that the game should revolve around control beats aggro, aggro beats combo, combo beats control which now doesn't exist anymore as combo is almost entirely neutralized and control tools aren't as effective anymore.

Patron was a cheap deck but few could play it, it was inaccessible in a good way not due to cost, unrelated there.

jgminto

Divine Favor is definitely the most annoying card draw in the game right now, especially since Lay On Hands is so difficult to use by comparison.

yeah like 3 players wanted the nerf. A lot of the players, I'd say most were upset about the nerf, including the world champion, Lifecoach, Thijs etc, they had some mean words for Blizzard.... The only players that were happy about the nerf were those who couldn't play it, unsurprisingly, it's good for them in the competitive scene.

They were upset by the over nerf not that it was nerfed.

The cost issue is in regard to make control decks stronger by giving them new tools that Kripp suggests and that players will complain if control has consistent edge against aggro because those are the cheaps decks now. His idea is that the game should revolve around control beats aggro, aggro beats combo, combo beats control which now doesn't exist anymore as combo is almost entirely neutralized and control tools aren't as effective anymore.

Patron was a cheap deck but few could play it, it was inaccessible in a good way not due to cost, unrelated there.

Kripp... doesn't understand that control>aggro>combo>control is just a guideline used to teach new players some basic concept around deck archetypes and it'll never work exactly that way.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Blizzard needs to be as proactive in making playable control cards as they have been aggro and tempo cards.

1.5 years later and Priest, Mage and Warrior all more or less rely on the same tools they had at release. Warriors got Bash, Mages got... Explosive Sheep? Priests got Lightbomb. They all got access to Antique Healbot and Sludge Belcher now but clearly the problem lies in turns 1-4, not 5-10.

These decks have barely been updated in all that time.

Dahbomb

There's no trifecta of aggro/mid range/control anymore.

There's too much overlap between aggro and mid range for control decks to appropriately tech against. Control decks can handle pure aggro decks like Face Hunter or pure Midrange decks like Dragon Priest but they can't handle Secret Paladin. Secret Paladin has the combination of sticky annoying minions that are hard to remove, snowball potential and big bombs like Dr 6/7/8. On top of that it has Divine Favor for the raw counter.

Druid is the same thing, Druids can finish the game in 4-5 turns or they can deal enough damage in the mid game to finish it late game. Druids are like hybrid aggro/mid range/combo deck now. Decks like Freeze Mage and CW can't deal with the beefy minions and insane burst.

This is stuff we all know and have talked about many times already. It's common knowledge now. It's not going to change anytime soon... at least not until new cards are introduced. So better strap in and deal with it.

Pooya

They were upset by the over nerf not that it was nerfed.

From their comments I recall, not really, it's not like it matters the end result is the same now as they would have wanted combo/patron around than not.

--------------

edit: Anyway, it might not matter anymore, looking at twitch right now, Overwatch could steal away a lot of faces from Hearthstone, even Hafu is palying OW now instead of arena. Sjow was saying on his stream he could consider switching games as he's not having as much fun with the game these days. Kolento was sad on his stream just now because he didn't have OW access yet and had to play Hearthstone lol.

Dahbomb

Yeah many people wanted the deck nerfed including many top players. It wasn't just listening to plebs.

Although no one.... and I mean NO ONE wanted that change on Warsong Commander. I must've heard about 20 different changes to the deck and none of them were as remotely bad as what we got in the end.

I think I am going to play some Patron Warrior today. I faced 8 Paladins today in a row.

Pooya

From what I recall only Kibler, Lothar and Strifecro openly talked against the deck. everyone else either could play it or deal with it. People liked to bring that one time Trump lost to Sjow in ATLC a lot but Trump was actually really professional about it instead of whining. Sure there were some complaints too, not even close to some kind of consensus.

G.ZZZ

From their comments I recall, not really, it's not like it matters the end result is the same now as they would have wanted combo/patron around than not.

--------------

edit: Anyway, it might not matter anymore, looking at twitch right now, Overwatch could steal away a lot of faces from Hearthstone, even Hafu is palying OW now instead of arena. Sjow was saying on his stream he could consider switching games as he's not having as much fun with the game these days. Kolento was sad on his stream just now because he didn't have OW access yet and had to play Hearthstone lol.

OW won't be that watched, it's a pretty difficult game to watch, like most FPS. Hearthstone is like the perfect watchable experience, and the salt is funny when you watch it instead of being subject to it.

Line_HTX

Darnassus aspirant is such a shitty card to get from Shredder. You don't get the battle cry mana crystal then you lose a fucking mana crystal.

GOD DAMN.

It can't be worse than, say, you have a nice board and you have to attack or trade with the Shredder, and Doomsayer parachutes in and you don't have enough mana to kill your own Doomsayer.

Nothing's worse than getting a Doomsayer from a Shredder.

That has never happened to me. Happened to my opponent I counted like 4 times and I burst out laughing every time.

I had an arena game last week where this rouge had leathal on me and decided to BM and trade into my shredder for lulz. Fucking taunt came up and he couldn't lethal me with his weapon. LOL.

I top deck a Kraken for the win, and you bet I roped his ass for it.

Line_HTX

My little sister can get Legend using Secret Paladin to be honest. As can bots as proven already.

In other news, Kripp goes ham on the new aggressive meta.

Basically stated what I did in my previous big post about how Blizzard hasn't actually put in good control, anti aggro cards in the game since Naxx.

That Druid is beyond disgusting. It's like it's no longer waiting for the Turn 9 Forsen Nature Savjz Roar anymore, just Savjz Roar everything on Turn 4.

This World Championship is Druid majority? While I myself cheered for the end of Patron, I hope Finals day will be all Druid just so there would be a perfect spectacle for everyone to see and hope for killing of aggro Druids. Scorched Earth plox.

Hanzou

--------------

Not saying the switch could not happen but overrated is brand spanking new. Of course people who have played hs for years would like to play the new game.

Pooya

I was losing hope, it's been like 10 days since my last legendary... and here I got Tinkmaster from a quest pack lol. Never had one actually, probably best art in the game. The only legs I have dusted are Gruul, Nat Pagle and Lorewalker. I think I'll keep this one. If only it morphed just into a 1/1 I would have run in paladin...

Dahbomb

Remember that last year Firebat schooled through the finals with Druid (aka comboing everyone).

I hope the finals nothing but people getting combo'd to death.

Fireblend

Banned
My aggro rogue deck is pretty bad for ladder, but man do I enjoy playing with it whenever I have quests to clear. My last match was against a handlock and I denied those mountain giants like 3 times. By the time one got to attack I had lethal like 5 times over in my hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom