• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Heh the guy who designed Murlock Knight as a common clearly gave no fucks about arena.
Either nobody at Blizz cares about arena or they all have free entry and retire until they get Paladin

Uther's second common Seal of Champions is ridiculous tempo and Warhorse Trainer is pretty good. Rares are good, solid, average. Meanwhile Warrior gets Bolster and one of their few almost average old commons gets obliterated to keep its soul intact and a shitty Boulderfist that's epic for no apparent reason

zoukka

Either nobody at Blizz cares about arena or they all have free entry and retire until they get Paladin

Uther's second common Seal of Champions is ridiculous tempo and Warhorse Trainer is pretty good. Rares are good, solid, average. Meanwhile Warrior gets Bolster and one of their few almost average old commons gets obliterated to keep its soul intact and a shitty Boulderfist that's epic for no apparent reason

It's too bad since limited is my favourite format to watch and play in MTG. They completely left arena to rot...

Lumine

I've had a decent mid-range Paladin since TGT released. There's some decent extra cards for it. Aside from Mysterious Challenger of course. However there's so many secret Paladins (and Paladins in general) on ladder that I don't feel right playing Paladin at all. :(

Won against control warrior as oil rogue even though he got like 7 turns of justicar hero power and had a freaking deathwing in his deck, FeelsGoodMan.

Curious, is the reason that Justicar is good for Warrior in general because it 'stacks up' or is it only good for control Warrior since they use their power so much instead of just spending cards from their hand?

Xanathus

Curious, is the reason that Justicar is good for Warrior in general because it 'stacks up' or is it only good for control Warrior since they use their power so much instead of just spending cards from their hand?

Justicar is basically only good for a deck that intends on winning the long game, which limits it to Warrior, Paladin and Priest. And then, Warrior is the only class which will always get the full value from the buffed Hero Power. Plus Warrior gets synergy with having armor with Shield Slam.

I might have to craft a Justicar now because I have a 60 gold Warrior/Rogue quest and Control Warrior is now the only viable archetype for Warrior. Thanks Blizzard.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Good for Warrior but not against aggro. Okay for Paladin and Priest. Unplayable in basically anything else.

Justicar is basically only good for a deck that intends on winning the long game, which limits it to Warrior, Paladin and Priest. And then, Warrior is the only class which will always get the full value from the buffed Hero Power. Plus Warrior gets synergy with having armor with Shield Slam.

I might have to craft a Justicar now because I have a 60 gold Warrior/Rogue quest and Control Warrior is now the only viable archetype for Warrior. Thanks Blizzard.

For Paladin and Priest you usually only see it in the second best deck archetypes as well.

Like traditional Midrange Paladin will use it (works well with Quartermasters and the fact you're pressing the button anyway with Murloc Knights), and Control Priest will use it both for extreme value healing as well as a 2 mana, 4 damage nuke with Auchenai.

However, this would require that you're for some reason not playing Secret Paladin or Dragon Priest.

Hey guyz! I finally unlocked the second wing of Naxxramas so I decided to make my beast dream to get real.
I made this deck yesterday night and I have to admit, I find it pretty amusing.
OqRUPN1.png

Whaddyathink?
Dunno if it's going to be too competitive in ladder but in casual it's surely a lot of fun.

caesar

Banned
Hey guyz! I finally unlocked the second wing of Naxxramas so I decided to make my beast dream to get real.
OqRUPN1.png

Whaddyathink?
Dunno if it's going to be too competitive in ladder but in casual it's surely a lot of fun.

Looks playable, why run 1 highmane though?

Heropon

So I've decided to uninstall this game and forget about it. I think it's the first game that frustrates me so much and it isn't worth it. I hope I can focus on better things from now on.

Ladekabel

From "Awful" to "Sucks": How viable is it to make a Midrange Paladin deck without Quartermaster or Tirion? Don't want to be part of the problem with Christmas Tree and don't enjoy Eboladin.

Thought about Mukla's Champion since it surprised me positive in Shaman. Don't know how to replace Tirion though.

OqRUPN1.png

Whaddyathink?

I'd remove Rhino and add the second Highmane. I'd also drop both King's Elekk for Knife Jugglers. You are running a low curve deck, it's highly unlikely you win the joust, and Jugglers mesh extremely well with UTH and Creepers

LiveWire

From "Awful" to "Sucks": How viable is it to make a Midrange Paladin deck without Quartermaster or Tirion? Don't want to be part of the problem with Christmas Tree and don't enjoy Eboladin.

Thought about Mukla's Champion since it surprised me positive in Shaman. Don't know how to replace Tirion though.

I've been toying with the idea of control Paladin with Eadric, Peacekeepers, Enter the Coliseum, etc. Basically ignoring enemy minions by making them 1/x or x/1 and easy to remove. Outlast them to get a Lay on Hands and other healing etc.

jgminto

OqRUPN1.png

Whaddyathink?

I'd sub out a Bear Trap, Big Game Hunter, Tundra Rhino and maybe a Shredder and a Kill Command or Powershot for a second Highmane (the best 6 Drop in the game), Knife Jugglers and Houndmasters. I'd also put in Mad Scientists and Freezing Trap once you get further in Naxx, it's pretty important if you want to run secrets.

manhack

So I've decided to uninstall this game and forget about it. I think it's the first game that frustrates me so much and it isn't worth it. I hope I can focus on better things from now on.

I feel you.

It is really frustrating because even if you get really good you will only win 6/10 games in a competitive setting , RNG decides games in many situations where the players are of the same skill level, even if you tech your deck against something there is no guarantee you will draw the answers you need in time or face the opponents you are expecting and the ladder is full of the most optimized decks that punish you for experimenting.

I still love the game, there is a lot to love, but usually take a break and do other stuff with my down time when I get burned out.

Mulgrok

I don't have any paladin legendaries or epics, but do ok. I use argent squires, horse riders, minibots, seal of champions instead of kings.. and if I don't use them for removal I put down Blood Knight to threaten lethal.

VoxPop

So I'm trying to craft either an Alex, Justicar or Grommash. I'm 400 dust away and the only legendaries I'm okay with parting with are Gruul and Varian Wrynn. Which should I dust? I'm assuming the Gruul?

squidyj

hunh, tempo storm has freeze mage favored against secret paladin? I guess maybe it's the deck they're running but when I'm playing secret pally the only time I lose to freeze mage is when they have stellar draws. I feel like I have so many tools to ruin their day with redemption, repentance, knife juggler, kings, shredders, etc. not to mention my bombs in boom and tirion and challenger.

Maybe other people try to play too much to the usual secret pally gameplan of Dr 6? I dunno, I just push face damage and think about what they could do to my board and make it shitty for them. Freeze mage feels like a very predictable opponent most of the time, they're usually setting up for their next turn or the turn after that so it's easy to see what it is they're trying to accomplish.

Dahbomb

Got my friend to play HS. He comes from semipro MTG background so I wasn't too surprised about the results.

This in two days.
My little sister can get Legend using Secret Paladin to be honest. As can bots as proven already.

In other news, Kripp goes ham on the new aggressive meta.

Basically stated what I did in my previous big post about how Blizzard hasn't actually put in good control, anti aggro cards in the game since Naxx.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I dunno about a gaurantee getting to legend with Secret Paladin. Everybody else is Secret Paladin from Rank 5 up so your win rate is 50%.

ZealousD

hunh, tempo storm has freeze mage favored against secret paladin? I guess maybe it's the deck they're running but when I'm playing secret pally the only time I lose to freeze mage is when they have stellar draws. I feel like I have so many tools to ruin their day with redemption, repentance, knife juggler, kings, shredders, etc. not to mention my bombs in boom and tirion and challenger.

Maybe other people try to play too much to the usual secret pally gameplan of Dr 6? I dunno, I just push face damage and think about what they could do to my board and make it shitty for them. Freeze mage feels like a very predictable opponent most of the time, they're usually setting up for their next turn or the turn after that so it's easy to see what it is they're trying to accomplish.

Freeze Mage is favored against any deck that cares a lot about board control and doesnt have strong burst. They can lock down or eliminate your board all day. I don't understand how you feel you have the reach to kill the freeze mage when your board is getting frozen all the time.

Dahbomb

We had this discussion already and I already said how Freeze Mage is favored against Secret Paladin.

Secret Paladin doesn't have any real heals. More importantly many of the Paladin secrets don't trigger if minions don't die OR if every minion dies. So Freeze Mage can just freeze the board and keep chipping away at the health totals. Secret Paladin doesn't actually have any high burst either so it's not that easy to break through Ice Blocks early. More importantly without Silence in hand, it's hard to deal with Doomsayer combo. If Freeze Mage is predictable then so is Secret Paladin... it's just much harder to do anything about turn 6 Mysterious Balancer into turn 7 Dr Balanced into turn 8 Tirion.

That said Secret Paladin can still easily win against Freeze Mage by saving the Loatheb and teching in a Kezan Mystic.

The inventor of aggro druid says druid is favoured in the matchup doe.
Feels kinda 50/50 to be honest (Aggro Druid vs Aggro Secret Paladin). Whoever gets on board first and gets it to stick pretty much wins this. Once Dr 6 comes into play there's very little the Aggro Druid can do. The main thing that Aggro Druid has over Secret Paladin is the Fel Reaver (+ Swipe) and most Secret Paladins are too greedy to be running Aldors. The Midrange Secret Paladin definitely wins over Aggro Druid though because of stuff like Belchers and Aldors. And all Secret Paladins are favored against Midrange Druid.

ZealousD

The inventor of aggro druid says druid is favoured in the matchup doe.

Aggro Druid might be favored but midrange isn't.

The counter to Secret Paladin is to be more aggressive than the Secret Paladin. You kill them before the bombs drop.

Owzers

Halp. My amazon coins expire nov 1st and i had a brilliant idea to buy packs with them. I went to my nookhd+, my only androidy device, and after downloading the game through the amazon app store when i get to the shopping screen the only thing that is there are 100 gold packs without the option to buy anything, even adventures which say they are currently unavailable. What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom