• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

I dusted my Gallywix and really regretted it, I'm not sure know why I even did that. 6 drop 5/8 that is extremely costly to remove with that effect, the card is assured to be very playable one day. That's the last leg I will ever dust, see I'm even keeping Tinkmaster that I just got now and people dust that without looking back. Dusting Velen seems crazy to me, I wish I had Velen. If I got a golden Gruul or The Beast and similar I'd consider dusting, regular ones I just keep now.

Miletius

I dusted my Gallywix and really regretted it, I'm not sure know why I even did that. 6 drop 5/8 that is extremely costly to remove with that effect, the card is assured to be very playable one day. That's the last leg I will ever dust, see I'm even keeping Tinkmaster that I just got now and people dust that without looking back. Dusting Velen seems crazy to me, I wish I had Velen. If I got a golden Gruul or The Beast and similar I'd consider dusting, regular ones I just keep now.

Gallywix is a pretty awesome legendary too, his sound effect is pretty cool. I'll never get rid of him and I hope that a tempo/control rogue will use him one day.

I dusted a Thermaplugg today, but it's because I pulled a golden one. I have a Golden Cenarius too, and even though both are a free legendary I'll never dust them. Thermaplugg isn't even usable currently.

zoukka

Gallywix looks great on paper but it just doesn't fit the rogue gameplan. Rogue needs to interact with stuff on board or dig for combo pieces, anything else seems a waste of time to the class.

Pooya

I can see what they were thinking with Anub'Arak. Rogue is really awful against control warrior, you just run out of damage, a card like that warrior can't deal with ever, you can play the grinding game if you want, with gang up too. It's nice to have options. It's not a useless card to print imo. Rogue needs efficient small or mid range drops right now though.

jgminto

If Rogue got a good 2, 3 and 4 drop that aren't reliant on getting the coin to be useful, a midrange/control rogue would probably do alright. A ramp into Dark Iron Skulker onward would be pretty powerful.

johnsmith

remember me
lol
YJU3xmi.png

Just played a game where a shaman lightning bolted, forked lightning and crackled with an unbound elemental up and multiple spell damage totems. I think that's the fastest I've died in an arena game.

Line_HTX

Just played a game where a shaman lightning bolted, forked lightning and crackled with an unbound elemental up and multiple spell damage totems. I think that's the fastest I've died in an arena game.

Reusing the classic Unbound strats with all the removal... I'm surprised he didn't have Lava Shock in his draft.

Kumo

Ran into deathrattle shaman the other day while trying to get my priest daily done by playing dragon priest. Turn 4 he plays doomsayer + ancestral spirit. Didn't have the damage on board to at least pop it once. Basically couldn't play anything for 2 turns because of doomsayer. No silences in my deck either. Meanwhile he was drawing cards using ancestral knowledge and then unlocking the mana using lava shock. Once doomsayer is finally gone he throws down Thaurissan and then proceeds to unleash the deathrattle combos like Sneed's + Reincarnate or Sylvannas + Reincarnate to steal my Ysera. Not even lightbomb could save me. I thought the deck was pretty cool, I've played the deck before but never thought about using doomsayer. Of course this was on casual though, you'd never see anything like this on ladder.

Ran into deathrattle shaman the other day while trying to get my priest daily done by playing dragon priest. Turn 4 he plays doomsayer + ancestral spirit. Didn't have the damage on board to at least pop it once. Basically couldn't play anything for 2 turns because of doomsayer. No silences in my deck either. Meanwhile he was drawing cards using ancestral knowledge and then unlocking the mana using lava shock. Once doomsayer is finally gone he throws down Thaurissan and then proceeds to unleash the deathrattle combos like Sneed's + Reincarnate or Sylvannas + Reincarnate to steal my Ysera. Not even lightbomb could save me. I thought the deck was pretty cool, I've played the deck before but never thought about using doomsayer. Of course this was on casual though, you'd never see anything like this on ladder.

That is a good idea, I like it.

Line_HTX

Hmm... I might try this out and see how it works on Ranked.

Xanathus

That's odd, I did not get a new daily quest today. Normally the rollover time for NA is half an hour ago but I'm still stuck with the same quests as yesterday.
edit: nevermind it appeared after restarting the game again

Kumo

I have the replay saved on my deck tracker lol:

Turn 1: He goes first and passes. I play Cleric.

Turn 2: He draws with Ancestral Knowledge. I attack with Cleric and play Shrinkmeister.

Turn 3: He passes with only 1 available mana. I draw and play Twilight Whelp.

Turn 4: He plays doomsayer + ancestral spirit. I attack face with everything. He's at 19 health at this point.

Turn 5: Doomsayer's effect takes hold. Summons a new doomsayer. He plays Ancestral Knowledge then lava shocks my face. I pass my turn.

Turn 6: Doomsayer's effect takes hold again. He plays Thaurissan. I give it the D and play Cultist. At this point, I was wondering what his game plan was. Maybe Malygos Shaman?

Turn 7: He plays Sneed's. I play Wyrmrest Agent and PW:S it. Then I played another Whelp.

Turn 8: He plays Al'Akir and attacks twice into Wyrmrest, then reincarnates it for a fresh new bubble and takes out the Whelp. Sneed's then cleans up by taking out the Cultist. I coin out Ysera and got Nightmare.

Turn 9: He plays Sylvannas + Reincarnate. Then plays Healing Wave and wins the joust, healing back to full health. I play Lightbomb and Sneed's summons a Justicar, and then I pass to let him hit me to 0 health.

Pretty cool game after the countless aggro decks I faced on ladder. I was having as much as fun as he was just seeing him play his deck. xD

Seems like a deck that could do well right now. Reincarnate shaman got destroyed by Patron, but these are happier times.

And ancestral spirit onto an asspirate never gets old.

Dahbomb

I was in the bathroom and thinking of ways Blizzard can make Discard Warlock work.

I thought that the discard Warlock needed 3-4 things to really be strong:

1) A card that draws cards when it's discarded.

2) A card that buffs on board demons when discarded.

3) A minion that has a more board impact with the discard mechanic.

4) A Legendary discard mechanic minion that is sort of like the Grommash for Warlock.

So I came up with these cards:

5b4ea0e3.png

21bcc439.png

c3301e70.png

5c35d82f.png

The Legendary is very extreme and is probably something that Blizzard will never print. The idea is that this card only works in a discard demon Warlock deck and even to make it work as a win condition you need to have discarded at least 5 cards prior to using it and have some demons on board.

Pooya

I'm playing mech zoo with Fel Cannon, it's sooo fun. just beat three secret paly with it, it feels good when Fel Cannon just wipes the board for you every turn, RNG ftw. The card is so underrated.

Saprol

I'm playing mech zoo with Fel Cannon, it's sooo fun. just beat three secret paly with it, it feels good when Fel Cannon just wipes the board for you every turn, RNG ftw. The card is so underrated.
i wish demolisher was better. start of turn? doesn't even do anything sometimes

Pooya

i wish demolisher was better. start of turn? doesn't even do anything sometimes

The only start of turn card that sees play is Doomsayer I think. yeah.. it generally means the card is bad. Demolisher stats aside it can hit face, you don't want to hit face. Fel Cannon's RNG is quite controllable. The only mechs in meta right now are shredder and minibot, minibot doesn't matter as it comes way earlier. Fel Cannon trades well with shredder and can still kill whatever it drops. you have to be careful what you play but I quite like the card, it might not be competitive but it's sure a lot of fun. When GvG came out mech mage was the hot deck, so understandably Fel Cannon never got a chance, I think it's ok right now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I was in the bathroom and thinking of ways Blizzard can make Discard Warlock work.

I thought that the discard Warlock needed 3-4 things to really be strong: .

I fucking love it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
fourth person in a row who takes entire rope turns to make decisions (while being in the 1-2-3-mana-turns).

What the flying tryhard fucks is going on with this shit community lately?

bjaelke

fourth person in a row who takes entire rope turns to make decisions (while being in the 1-2-3-mana-turns).

What the flying tryhard fucks is going on with this shit community lately?

Some of us are trying to work at the same time. A rigorous task if you ask me.

AGAIN!? Why do they keep doing this to themselves!?

Maybe that's why they at rank 7 lol. Oddly enough this month grind to 5 was werid as hell. 10 to 7 was more difficult then usual but 7 to 5 was classic decks. I'm talking like freeze mage, combo druid, dace hunters etc... but from 10 to 7 i got all types of weird ass shit.

Hige

I've been playing Hearthstone for about a month (F2P) and I'm sitting on about 1500 gold. Got all jobs to 10, won 100 matches etc., so most of the early quests are out of the way. I just recently got Mage to level 20, so I might finally get some packs through Tavern Brawl if it's one where you don't have to use your own cards. >_>

I've probably read more about the game than I've played, so I know the Naxx/BRM expansions are really inefficient to buy with gold, but my decks suck since they're mostly basic cards. I'm not opposed to buying the adventures with real money, but I'm not fond of the idea because I was already feeling the IAP pressure a couple weeks ago when quests became really grindy. If I buy the adventures now so I can make some Zoolock/Face Hunter decks and finally progress in constructed, how long until I feel like I need to IAP to catch up to the meta again? Plus I'm kind of holding out to see if Blizzard will lower the price or make a bundle or something when the next adventure arrives.

I don't really play any one class, just whatever's necessary for quests. I made it to rank 18 in constructed and quickly lost my way back to rank 20. I know about rerolling my quests, but the higher gold ones are torture. Win 5 games with Priest or Warlock? Fuck me. I win maybe 1 in 3 matches and only play about 5-7 matches a day, so grinding the quests is very slow-going; even at rank 20 I'm dealing with Dr. Boom and today I got my first taste of (not really aggro) Druid using double Savage Roar on his 3 minions and killing me from ~25 HP. :(

So what's the best bang for my buck? I'm considering just throwing all my gold at arena and at least getting some card packs to make my constructed decks a little better. I've only done arena once (the free trial run) and went 3-3 with Mage and a mediocre draft (didn't use heartharena - YOLO). I don't know all the cards by heart, but I understand some of the card synergies and I'm not really learning anything by playing my raptors and crocolisks ad nauseam in constructed. It seems like I should just throw myself into the deep end and play arena? Or should I grind gold for another 6 weeks to get the the first 4 Naxx wings and the first wing of BRM?

TL;DR It's basically impossible to be a F2P player if you didn't start the game at launch. Halp!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
TL;DR It's basically impossible to be a F2P player if you didn't start the game at launch. Halp!
You could wait until Blizzcon and see what develops there. There might also be more deals around Christmas for stuff. Really though you need Naxx at some point.

I've been playing Hearthstone for about a month (F2P) and I'm sitting on about 1500 gold. Got all jobs to 10, won 100 matches etc., so most of the early quests are out of the way. I just recently got Mage to level 20, so I might finally get some packs through Tavern Brawl if it's one where you don't have to use your own cards. >_>

I've probably read more about the game than I've played, so I know the Naxx/BRM expansions are really inefficient to buy with gold, but my decks suck since they're mostly basic cards. I'm not opposed to buying the adventures with real money, but I'm not fond of the idea because I was already feeling the IAP pressure a couple weeks ago when quests became really grindy. If I buy the adventures now so I can make some Zoolock/Face Hunter decks and finally progress in constructed, how long until I feel like I need to IAP to catch up to the meta again? Plus I'm kind of holding out to see if Blizzard will lower the price or make a bundle or something when the next adventure arrives.

I don't really play any one class, just whatever's necessary for quests. I made it to rank 18 in constructed and quickly lost my way back to rank 20. I know about rerolling my quests, but the higher gold ones are torture. Win 5 games with Priest or Warlock? Fuck me. I win maybe 1 in 3 matches and only play about 5-7 matches a day, so grinding the quests is very slow-going; even at rank 20 I'm dealing with Dr. Boom and today I got my first taste of (not really aggro) Druid using double Savage Roar on his 3 minions and killing me from ~25 HP. :(

So what's the best bang for my buck? I'm considering just throwing all my gold at arena and at least getting some card packs to make my constructed decks a little better. I've only done arena once (the free trial run) and went 3-3 with Mage and a mediocre draft (didn't use heartharena - YOLO). I don't know all the cards by heart, but I understand some of the card synergies and I'm not really learning anything by playing my raptors and crocolisks ad nauseam in constructed. It seems like I should just throw myself into the deep end and play arena? Or should I grind gold for another 6 weeks to get the the first 4 Naxx wings and the first wing of BRM?

There are lots of new player guides. I know from personal experience that ranking up is very possible even on a f2p account even if you started just today. If you want to rank up in constructed, the best place to start is by improving your deck by cutting out all the bad cards and running at least a list that gives you a healthy chance. The next step is playing it until you've got it down really well.

Duster

Disclaimer: I'm far from expert so take this advice at your own risk.

As you want to play all classes use your gold on the first two wings of Naxx as that will give you some of the best cards in the game that will help you fill at least five slots in any deck. You won't need any more adventure wings for a while after that.

Then if this weeks tavern brawl is suitable use it to rebuild your gold reserves, you may not know that you can re-roll one quest a day so you can focus on those that offer 50 or 60 gold. If it's an unsuitable brawl do the same in constructed although that will be harder.

Once the brawl is shut try arena if you think you can get at least three wins the majority of the time, try to combine each run with a daily quest to keep your gold levels topped up. If arena proves too hard switch to buying packs. Hopefully by Wednesday you'd have got a few arena runs in, the next brawl will be open and you can start the process over again.

You should also have a fair bit of dust by then, people differ on how to spend it. Many say never craft a common but I think crafting a couple of the best neutral commons is a good idea, especially Piloted Shredder and Ironbeak owl (knife juggler is rare but I'd recommend that next).

So depending on your luck with pack opening you should have at least 10 neutral cards better than what you have now which should make things easier. The odd bad quest, pack, brawl or 0 win arena run will get in the way but those are the breaks.

I'm f2p par naxx, I get rank 5 every month, legend more than a few times.
Sure I can only play palidan decks cause I need all the dust I can get, buts it's certainly viable to be f2p.
First legendary was boom, that probably helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom