• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the Amazon deal, preordered the packs and got 1000 coins back. Nice. Might save them for launch but since I'm saving up gold and I have over 10,000 dust, I might just open random packs for fun. lol

Edit: Never mind. Will use it all on Arena runs for more gold.

Parshias7

Does anyone know of a good android emulator to use for this kind of thing? I have a basic Kindle Fire, and Hearthstone runs like shit on it, but it used to be enough to be able to get into the shop and spend coins. Right now I've spent about an hour and a half on the phone with Amazon and now Blizzard trying to get things figured out as I currently can't complete any purchases in Hearthstone on my old-ass Kindle. I tried emulating Android through DuOS, but it won't let me log in to my Amazon account from within the emulator for some reason, so I was wondering if anyone had any good experiences with something else.

Phawx

Does anyone know of a good android emulator to use for this kind of thing? I have a basic Kindle Fire, and Hearthstone runs like shit on it, but it used to be enough to be able to get into the shop and spend coins. Right now I've spent about an hour and a half on the phone with Amazon and now Blizzard trying to get things figured out as I currently can't complete any purchases in Hearthstone on my old-ass Kindle. I tried emulating Android through DuOS, but it won't let me log in to my Amazon account from within the emulator for some reason, so I was wondering if anyone had any good experiences with something else.

I use VMware Player. There is a free version of that. Also VirtualBox should work for you. There are tutorials on x86android.org or whatever the site is.

Genymotion is what I'm using.

Dahbomb

Have we already discussed the synergy with Majordomo and these hero power buffs? You could feasibly fire off 10 Rag hero powers on a single turn with coldarra Drake and maiden of the lake. Could be fun to try out.
Yea good luck trying to pull that off.

Skux

Funny that the first good cards we see since the reveal have nothing to do with Inspire lol

These are gonna be awesome in aggro Paladin, Priest, and absolutely ridiculous in Flamewaker Mage.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Funny that the first good cards we see since the reveal have nothing to do with Inspire lol

These are gonna be awesome in aggro Paladin, Priest, and absolutely ridiculous in Flamewalker Mage.

Probably not Flamewaker Mage. Mage doesn't have buff cards except for spare parts, really.

I don't see the 2 new 3 drop legendary cards being used in tempo mage. They don't have a single targeted class spell buff so why would they run this card? For spare parts only? I seriously doubt they'll free up a slot for such a conditional usage imo, assuming they even have the space.

Haunted

Just logged in to finish my Spellmaster daily.

See the new Unstable Portal brawl.

giphy.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Two things,

1: NEW OT HYPE!

2: Same ol' fucking Tavern Brawl, LAWL!

Magnus

Blizzard is nailing the drip reveals on these new cards. Keeping hype UP. I really appreciate that they're all funneling nicely into this GAF thread. Haha. I suppose there's Hearthpwn's page, too.

Also, XE says:

49.99 USD = 64.7454 CAD

So the $57.99 on the CDN app store for pre-ordering TGT seems like a discount all of a sudden....lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
For someone who did Nef vs Rag today, do we get both pack rewards?

Magnus

I don't understand this.

Isn't the inspire ability on that card a pro, in that you can use it to trade for two low health minions, return it to your hand, and get it out fresh again a turn later?

I get that hero powers often help wipe a Magma Rager out fast, but returning the Coliseum Manager to one's hand still might be a pro if it's taken some damage or something.

ZealousD

Eydis is kinda ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Eydis is better versus aggro because you can hit two targets. You can possibly pop a Shredder then kill what comes out. She's faster than Fjola.

Fjola better against control because it has greater single target damage and they can't ping shields as easily.

ZealousD

I don't understand this.

Isn't the inspire ability on that card a pro, in that you can use it to trade for two low health minions, return it to your hand, and get it out fresh again a turn later?

I get that hero powers often help wipe a Magma Rager out fast, but returning the Coliseum Manager to one's hand still might be a pro if it's taken some damage or something.

I think the joke is that the comic author thinks the card is worse than Magma Rager, so Magma Rager is happy there's a card worse than him.

Basically the author under estimates a vanilla 2/5 and doesn't account for the few cases where the text is a pro.

Insaniac

I love brawl man. Mage plays Deathwing on me, and I think I'm screwed. Next unstable portal I get Deathwing.

"I'm sorry"

Haunted

Yeah these RNG brawls have merit.

A lot of fun cards you usually don't see because they're not viable, levelling the playing field between beginners and people with full collections... it's good stuff, even if RNGesus hasn't really been kind to me so far. Goddamn Mage just Portal'd out an Antonidas.

I mean, c'mon.

Dahbomb

Yeah that card is nowhere near as bad as Magma Rider. The author is missing out on the potential of the card.

The only potential that Magma Rider has is if Blizzard puts my concept of Dankgoblin into the game which is like a reverse Hobgoblin that buffs 1 health minion by +1/+3.

Ashodin

FUCKEN BRAWL DUDES

Druid vs Rogue

He gets out goddamn Patron

In Hand: Moonfire. NOPE

I portal: MADDER BOMBER. NOPE

I PORTAL AGAIN: IMP MASTER!? NOPE

I PORTAL ONE MORE FUCKING TIME: IMP MASTER AGAIN

FUUUUUUUUCUGKHGKHCKHGKGHGKG
anuxi_tech.gif

SECOND brawl in a row where the opponent gets goddamn this guy

7751.png