• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

Maybe I'm getting my abilities wrong but can you even use blessing of kings on that when it's stealthed? Doesn't stealth block spells being cast? Or is it only for your opponent?

That card... Is sort of ok. You could see it potentially popping up in a bloodlust deck or something and at least it survives flamecannon and sticks.

I'd rate it "maybe, but probably not"

Maybe I'm getting my abilities wrong but can you even use blessing of kings on that when it's stealthed? Doesn't stealth block spells being cast? Or is it only for your opponent?

Opponent. It is a good target for buffs, but then shade is too

Ashodin

Only for your opponent. I run a mean buffing Paladin deck with all the stealth minions.

Miracle

My first portal brawl match, and the first card I get from unstable portal...Millhouse Manastorm.

...played it and regretted nothing.

I lost

Dahbomb

That's even more cancerous than hobgoblin. You'd buff all the cheap chargers!
That's why it's +1/+3 and not +2/+2!

The new card is solid. Having stealth on a divine shield creature is pretty big because that means its hero power resistant and can actually trade before exposing its body (unless there's an AOE).

V-Faction

Siiiilent knight, Hooooly Smite,
Al'aaaaakir, Acoooolyte
Unbouuuund Elemental, Power of the Wiiiild
Hoooly Wrath, Soooolemn Vigiiill
Jeeves, Explosive Sheee-eep
Jeee-eeves, Exploooosive Sheeeep

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Okay, so Silent Knight might actually be one of those cards that's better in constructed than arena. You've got a potentially insane followup on Turn 4 with Blessing of Kings. That would make it a 6/6 with Divine Shield that pops out of stealth, which is really scary. Scarier than Shade of Naxxramas. Essentially, Silent Knight would do for Paladin what Gilblin Stalker did for Priest. In the best case. The question is whether you would run this guy over Fjola/Eydis in some kind of buff Paladin deck. Or if that combo is good enough to drop Muster for Battle. That's not quite as clear. Fjola/Eydis are potentially "good enough" if you don't have a buff followup but Silent Knight would NEED that buff followup. And Muster for Battle is just so good. Hard to say.

Technically you could also combo with Cold Blood in Rogue but a Paladin has a Blessing of Might followup plan if they don't draw Blessing of Kings.

In Arena or not-Buff-Paladin, this guy is a Worgen Infiltrator that deathrattles into a 2/2. So you're paying 2 mana for the 2/2 body that pops out. Not very good. Not to mention that it comes too late to threaten an on curve 3/2.

Dahbomb

It's also worth noting that if you take all these cards into consideration and want to make a buff Paladin deck with these cards... the 3 drop slot is getting kinda crowded for them.

Muster for Battles, Aldor Peace Keepers, the double Legendaries, Silent Knight, Big Game Hunter, maybe you also want to run Blood Knight etc.

It's getting kinda crowded for Priest as well with Dark Cultists, Blademasters, Thoughsteals, Shadow Deaths, Velen's Chosen on top of those new cards etc.

TheGrue

Make sure you've got the latest game patch that also went out today.

Ah. Well, that stinks. I'm on the road and hotels don't usually have the greatest wifi. Will try to get it going once I get in, but at 769 MB for the phone version, I imagine I will be stuck until I get home on Friday.

The good news is apparently someone else didn't patch, either, and I got my free pack with my first game played.

ZealousD

It's also worth noting that if you take all these cards into consideration and want to make a buff Paladin deck with these cards... the 3 drop slot is getting kinda crowded for them.

Muster for Battles, Aldor Peace Keepers, the double Legendaries, Silent Knight, Big Game Hunter, maybe you also want to run Blood Knight etc.

It's getting kinda crowded for Priest as well with Dark Cultists, Blademasters, Thoughsteals, Shadow Deaths, Velen's Chosen on top of those new cards etc.

I think a Buff Paladin deck would probably be pretty aggressive. You're going to run Blessing of Might, Nerubian Egg, maybe Argent Squire. You might throw in Blessing of Wisdom for card draw. In that case, you probably cut the Aldor Peacekeepers and Big Game Hunter. You go for an aggressive zoo-like deck that trades favorably and establishes early tempo until you put your opponent in a really bad spot with your buffs unless they have Silence. it might replace Shockadin as the go-to aggressive Paladin deck.

attack buff clearing shenanigans mostly. like one might see in zoo. not saying it's a good card but if it has a purpose that seems like it.

I dunno, almost feel like they decided to make it because Stealth/Divine Shield is a combo that hasn't been done yet like Gnomeragan Infantry (Taunt/Charge) in GvG, but having Stealth and DS is kind of counteractive and not worth another mana point.

Again in Arena it will be picked over some other three drops.

Magnus

But you can't buff them while they're in stealth with a direct spell....right?

Edit- shit, apparently you can. Wow.

ZealousD

But you can't buff them while they're in stealth with a direct spell....right?

You can target your own minions when they are in stealth. This is why Priests sometimes run Gilblin Stalker. It's a 2 drop that you can guarantee that Velen's Chosen can target on curve.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I had a hilarious game as warrior where I got Shieldmaiden into Cobalt Guardian, into Iron Juggernaut(which divine shielded the guardian), AND he drew the mine the next turn. Then I got a Micromachine for another divine shield, and the Black Knight for his Anodized Robocub.

So many layers of bullshit RNG he had to concede.

I just think some of the multi-effect cards come from the Al'Akir school of design of "UHHHH, IF YOU PUT A WHOLE BUNCH OF SHIT ON IT IT'S GOOD RIGHT?"

Dahbomb

I just think some of the multi-effect cards come from the Al'Akir school of design of "UHHHH, IF YOU PUT A WHOLE BUNCH OF SHIT ON IT IT'S GOOD RIGHT?"
Al-Akir is solid though.

Sometimes its good, sometimes it isn't. Depends on the combinations.

Like Tauren Warrior is ABSOLUTELY horrible but Argent Commander is amazing.

Al-Akir is solid though.

Sometimes its good, sometimes it isn't. Depends on the combinations.

Like Tauren Warrior is ABSOLUTELY horrible but Argent Commander is amazing.

Al'akir also has taunt on it. Charge and Windfury is obviously amazing (is al'akir the only one with that combo?) but if they took off taunt and added +1 to both he would be played a lot.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, windfury/charge gives so much benefit to even minor attack buffs.

Taunt/charge on the other hand is gnomeregan ass tier.

Dahbomb

I just realized that this card is a strictly better Scarlet Crusader if you compare it stat for stat.

3 mana 3/1 Divine Shield

3 mana 2/2 Divine Shield + Stealth

At least Shielded Minibot is a class minion and those are purposely over tuned... this is most definitely an example of power creep.

squidyj

I just realized that this card is a strictly better Scarlet Crusader if you compare it stat for stat.

3 mana 3/1 Divine Shield

At least Shielded Minibot is a class minion and those are purposely over tuned... this is most definitely an example of power creep.

yeah I don't think so. divine shield increases the value of attack IMO. having that 1 less attack makes it significantly more difficult for this card to be effective trading into a board on turn 4 without things like abusive.

jgminto

The Stealth/Divine Shield combo is an interesting one for survivability, you'd need to break the shield with random pings/AoE and then hit with AoE again for enough health damage. Throw a Kings/Velen's on it and it could survive a Flamestrike even after the shield is popped.

Harrison Jones, Ragnaros or Ysera?

I usually play a Control/anti aggro priest.

I'm so close to pressing the button brehs, nobody got time for the next expansion

Harrison Jones, Ragnaros or Ysera?

I usually play a Control/anti aggro priest.

I'm so close to pressing the button brehs, nobody got time for the next expansion

I would wait. HJ seems strong in this meta but Ysera is a great control card. Rag has fallen out of favor but he is still a good card.

Dreavus

If you portal minions that facilitate card draw it puts you so far ahead in this brawl.

I got a Cult Master one game, and got so many cards after trading boards that there was no coming back for my opponent.

Skux

Welp, just prepurchased TGT. Fellow New Zealanders, if you can, buy it from the Apple store, it's $65 NZD (instead of $75 after conversion from buying it from the PC version).

Was not a pleasant experience going up against a rogue who pulls the following out of his hat one after another: Malganis, (7/7) Bolvar Fordragon, Gahz'rilla, Nepulton. And then the very next game against a priest, whose first 3 minions are in order: Iron Juggernaut, Dr. Balanced, Nepulton.

Maybe it's time I called it a night.

Ridli

So if you have access to an amazon app emulator like Genymotion, are Amazon Coins the best pre-purchase deal out now? Anything I should wait for in the next couple of days?

ZealousD

3 mana 3/1 Divine Shield

The power of Divine Shield scales as the attack value of the creature increases. So a 3/1 Divine Shield is better than a 2/2 Divine Shield. In arena, given the choice, I would absolutely pick Scarlet Crusader over Silent Knight.

Just thought up of another card, not sure if it's actually good or terrible, but I'm more interested in the idea behind it. Basically I really like the idea of Lock and Load. It's a spell that effects other spells, effectively giving each of them the additional effect of drawing a card from the Hunter Deck. I think it'd be awesome to see more cards like that.

So far my only idea at the moment is something like;

Blade Storm - 2 Mana:
Each effect that damages every minion this turn also hits the other player.

So a simple enough idea, allow things like Whirl Wind, Revenge, and the Death's Bite deathrattle to also hit face. It'd also be cool to see it work on minions who do the same for combos but that might be going too far into insane combo territory.

I just hope we get some more cool and interesting spells.

Dahbomb

The power of Divine Shield scales as the attack value of the creature increases. So a 3/1 Divine Shield is better than a 2/2 Divine Shield. In arena, given the choice, I would absolutely pick Scarlet Crusader over Silent Knight.
Nah too many Mage hero power pings in Arena for Scarlet Crusader to do work. I see this card doing more work in Arena. Especially if I have Blessing of Kings in my deck, this would be easy pick for me.

rickyson1

Nah too many Mage hero power pings in Arena for Scarlet Crusader to do work. I see this card doing more work in Arena. Especially if I have Blessing of Kings in my deck, this would be easy pick for me.

that's not really a bad thing if you play it on curve though

especially if you're going first and they float a mana on turn 3 pinging it

you might not 2 for 1 with it very often but it's not exactly uncommon for you to get 4-5 mana of tempo out of it when it's all said and done which is easily more than you can really expect from a silent knight

i mean without a buff spell what's a 2/2 gonna do on turn 3 even with a divine shield? trade evenly with another 3 drop at best? 3 drops tend to have 3-4 health so it may be able to take 2 hits but its also gonna take 2 hits itself to kill anything else

Dahbomb

I don't know man, whenever I play Scarlet Crusader in Arena it always disappoints. There always seems to be a way to kill it easily because of the one health. So many random bombers, pings, Jugglers, Flamewakers, 1/1 tokens/deathrattle stuff in the game these days.

Shielded Minibot on the other hand is just way more annoying. This card is like a Minibot with stealth for 1 more mana. I think that's pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom