• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Actually, since he can heal himself and attack, Lightlord is pretty damn good in the long game if you can fish out removals first. It's also rare for minions to have more than 8 health too.

The problem is that Shielded Minibot either wins or trades evenly against other 2 drops(and even lots of 3 drops), is there any 2 drop that wins versus it? I don't think so.

Flame juggler beats it clean 50% of the time. In the worst case, it is even.

Like everybody else is saying, paladin card is good if we get a bgh nerf.

It is also amazing how it isn't amazing but still shits all over boogeymonster

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, I wonder if they would make BGH "Battle Cry: Kill a minion with 10 or higher mana cost"

Sure, it would still kill the old gods, which sort of sucks, but it would significantly lower his targets.

Lightlord compared to lay on hands... is really good. Instead of drawing 3 cards, it's like you draw and play an 8/8. If played on an empty board, it's a guaranteed face heal.

Renewable heals is something I've wanted in control paladin too. You might think it's bad vs control but if it trades it can also heal itself since it doesn't say another friendly character.

Pooya

Healing is a lot less valuable than damage, if this Rag was healing for like 12-16 I could see it being used.

greepoman

Well yes, you can't beat two broken cards in a row :)

I'm wondering if BGH will just be given a rng element. 50% chance to kill or shoot a blank would make it unplayable enough.

I still think if he just sacrifices himself if he kills a minion then that's good enough. Then at least it's removal or a minion but not both.

Pooya

it's random though, like lightwell, you can ping something and it wastes 8 healing.

Normally if a 8/8 lives you win the game, I wouldn't expect to get more than 1 heal from this in most games which makes it a big healbot that can miss your face potentially.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's a very boring design.

Made more boring by the fact that "trigger on heal" cards are primarily in Priest so you don't even get that synergy.
It's 8 per turn though.

It says "end of your turn" doesn't it? Am I missing something? It would be playable if it was "per turn" because then it keeps itself alive if they can't remove it in one go.

Ĺightlorď is prety solid considerig there's not much competition in 8 drop

His effect is much controlable than actual rag, could've paladin shieldbearer if you càn use 2

There's no competition in Paladins 8 slot because Tirion has that shit on lockdown. I can't see Antique Ragbot taking a slot from him.

With BGH likely gone it should be interesting to see how difficult stuff with high health is to remove. Especially for something like Lightlord in that you have to do all 8 damage at once or it's going to have the opportunity to heal.

I think it's a solid card. Not amazing or anything but the more I think about it I think it will see play in the control Paladin that Blizzard seems to be trying to push.

The only issue I really see is that, on paper, the N'Zoth Paladin seems a lot stronger and I don't think you'd play Lightlord in that.

Pooya

Compared with guardian of kings, it's crazy good. It's hard to evaluate it. Whether it's playable or not depends entirely on the meta. I feel the same about rogue legendary, it's a good card but you have to see where the game goes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
it's random though, like lightwell, you can ping something and it wastes 8 healing.

Normally if a 8/8 lives you win the game, I wouldn't expect to get more than 1 heal from this in most games which makes it a big healbot that can miss your face potentially.

It happens at the end of your turn, so you get to decided what the board state is before the effect goes off.

Haly

I think this would've been more interesting.

Ragnaros, Lightlord
Heal 8 health randomly split among all friendly damaged characters.
8/8

fertygo

I think this would've been more interesting.

Ragnaros, Lightlord
Heal 8 health randomly split among all friendly damaged characters.
8/8
This will made it broken

The effect is good enough its just depend on meta he can being playable or not like miladesn said

Haly

This will made it broken

I just don't like the idea that it's going to heal some random dude who only had 1 damage all the time, like with lightwell.

The thing with lightwell is that it's cheap, so you're not as upset when your 2 drop does something stupid.

But when your 8 drop does something stupid and effectively becomes a vanilla 8/8, that's bad news.

fertygo

I just don't like the idea that it's going to heal some random dude who only had 1 damage all the time, like with lightwell.

The thing with lightwell is that it's cheap, so you're not as upset when your 2 drop does something stupid.

But when your 8 drop does something stupid and effectively becomes a vanilla 8/8, that's bad news.
If you play control deck most of the time its pretty rare to see minion on your board. Its will much navigateable than actual rag killing board clear token that you don't give à shit

jgminto

Nu Rag doesn't seem like a bad card, especially if BGH is nerfed but it's up against pretty big competition for Paladin 8 Drops. Perhaps you could replace Lay on Hands with Nu Rag and draw cards with another method?

Rank 16 with my Naxx / Blackrock tempo Mage deck.

Learning a lot about when and where to make trades vs using spells, where to take risks, etc.

Still a scrub, but I'm improving and it feels good. Might try arena after I read up on it.

Rank 16 with my Naxx / Blackrock tempo Mage deck.

Learning a lot about when and where to make trades vs using spells, where to take risks, etc.

Still a scrub, but I'm improving and it feels good. Might try arena after I read up on it.
Grats. I recommend watching someone like Hafu play Arena a bit to understand how it all works.

fertygo

When these popular streamer usually play?

I'm not usually bothered with twitch but Hearthstone might made me to.

Interested with those skilĺed arena player.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ragnaros Lightlord doesn't actually seem that bad. For 3 more mana you get +5/+5 over healbot and there's the chance he heals your face repeatedly.

Like wouldn't he just WRECK an aggro deck if played on Turn 8?

What happened to hearthstone deck tracker's overlay transparency option? It's really annoying to use now..

Ragnaros Lightlord doesn't actually seem that bad. For 3 more mana you get +5/+5 over healbot and there's the chance he heals your face repeatedly.

It definitely lets them race since it flips 16 health a turn. Plus infinitely better than lightwell since it happens at the end of the turn, allowing you a significant degree of control over where it lands.

V-Faction

Okay, Hearthstone team, this is getting way up your own ass. Like, hey, haha, it's Ragnaros! Everybody loves Ragnaros. Let's create some made-up bullshit to fit into Pally. Nevermind there's a bunch of cool Paladin-themed potential legendaries we could go with. And nevermind there already exists a 2nd form Ragnaros we could've used. Oopsy-doodles!

Can't wait for Ragnaros, Magelord and Ragnaros, Assassinlord.

As for the effect, I think it's rather amazing. It must be dealt with ASAP or will get out of control with the ability to heal the player. Or itself. Sure, Silence and BGH ruin the fun, but they always ruin the fun. Rag 2 has got pseudo taunt.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What happened to hearthstone deck tracker's overlay transparency option? It's really annoying to use now..

They changed the defaults, just go into settings and change them. You likely want to select "Hide in Menu" and "Hide if HS in background" Or is there some other issue you are having?

Yes, the big issue is most aggro decks try to win by turn 7.

I think this new Rag will fit in nicely to a Reno Deck, so he should see some play.

Apathy

Dumbest idea for a card I've seen so far. Looks like someone's fan fiction come to life.

It doesn't make sense....at all.

A lightwell that can still attack, still seems ok-ish. you'll hate those times it heals a minion for 1, but you'll love it when it heals face for 8

They changed the defaults, just go into settings and change them. You likely want to select "Hide in Menu" and "Hide if HS in background" Or is there some other issue you are having?

I used to have the overlay's transparency down to about 50% during play so I could play in windowed mode without the overlay completely covering the sides.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if Blizzard will actually buff anything. Its unlikely, but Starving Buzzard and Warsong Commander could both use a mana cost reduction.

If you wait until turn 6, you can play a Boar and get a free card!
I wouldn't even mind if he was 5 mana if he was something like a 2/7 that was just a real pain in the ass to get rid of.

Of course a mana reduction would be better in my opinion since I don't want to wait until turn 5 to start getting some damn card draw.

fertygo

wtf my game seem to hang

timer not counting, my opponent have this floating card since forever

wtf does I need to concede?

Top Bottom