• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

SuperBonk

I'm glad Alex wasn't nerfed. Freeze Mage is a very unique deck and is rarely "tier one". I would like to see various versions of it exist throughout hearthstone, especially since it can be hard countered very easily.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think Freeze Mage is actually a good example of where the BGH nerf can hurt a lot.

With Fireball + Fireball + Frostbolt + Ice Lance + Ice Lance, that's 23 damage.

When a Freeze Mage drops Alexstrazsa, you potentially need to clear the 8/8 minion and then heal for 9 or more.

With BGH at 3, you had either 6 or 7 mana to work with to get that much healing/armoring done.

With BGH at 5, you need to do that in 4 or 5 mana, which is a lot harder.

Something like Onyxia is also a lot more favorable in this scenario. If you play Onyxia at 9 mana and get an 8/8 and six 1/1s, the BGH at 5 removes the Onyxia, and then your opponent can play a 4 or 5 cost minion. Two of the 1/1s will take out the BGH, and you still have 4/4 stats on the board to contest a 4 or 5 drop instead of a 6 or 7 drop. I'm not sure if you'd play her, but you can see where she potentially improves quite a bit.

Spending money on games in 2016
EleGiggle.png

I think Freeze Mage is actually a good example of where the BGH nerf can hurt a lot.

With Fireball + Fireball + Frostbolt + Ice Lance + Ice Lance, that's 23 damage.

When a Freeze Mage drops Alexstrazsa, you potentially need to clear the 8/8 minion and then heal for 9 or more.

With BGH at 3, you had either 6 or 7 mana to work with to get that much healing/armoring done.

With BGH at 5, you need to do that in 4 or 5 mana, which is a lot harder.

they say bgh was too efficient compared to class based removal, but it feels like it's still more efficient than certain class based removal so idk what they were going with it.

Hopefully the next half of the expansion reveal supports some of these nerfs,

inky

I bought that game :(

What's wrong with it? Seemed decent enough from streams. Took a lot of presentation and gameplay bits form HS, but managed to put them to good use. Seems easier to get a full collection too.

But I've only seen like 1 hour of it.

What's wrong with it? Seemed decent enough from streams. Took a lot of presentation and gameplay bits form HS, but managed to put them to good use. Seems easier to get a full collection too.

But I've only seen like 1 hour of it.

idk. I think it's alright

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
they say bgh was too efficient compared to class based removal, but it feels like it's still more efficient than certain class based removal so idk what they were going with it.

Well, it's still a tech card in that it's limited. Assassinate at 5 mana can remove absolutely anything, whereas this can only remove 7+ attack minions at the upside of getting a 4/2 body.

If you expect only 20% of your opponents to be running 7+ attack creatures, what card do you run?

Obviously that could go up to a percentage where it's really appealing to run BGH, but that's the idea of a tech card.

Nibiru

Banned
Wow them nerfs! I really like them for the most part. The only card that was completely destroyed was Arcane Golem imo. I still think Rogues will run one Blade flurry.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Got about 1100 dust worth of nerfed card duplicates. Less than I expected. Most of that is from a gold Master of Disguise. I do have a gold Ancient of Lore but only one plain version, not too interested in dropping to one copy of anything.

ViviOggi

Got about 1100 dust worth of nerfed card duplicates. Less than I expected. Most of that is from a gold Master of Disguise. I do have a gold Ancient of Lore but only one plain version, not too interested in dropping to one copy of anything.
There's no downside to cashing in everything. If a card stays unplayable you'll repull it from packs eventually for that full collection, anything else you just recraft when necessary.

Didn't those nerfs happen in the beta though?
Multiple needs have happened since launch

I don't think Blizzard will ever nerf legendaries.

Leeroy and Sylvanas say hi? (Among a couple others, already pointed out).

Blade Flurry is the most disgusting nerf out of all of these. Seems to be huge check on the standard Maly/Oil/Miracle Rogue that would likely have run rampant in standard.

Leeroy and Sylvanas say hi? (Among a couple others, already pointed out).

Blade Flurry is the most disgusting nerf out of all of these. Seems to be huge check on the standard Maly/Oil/Miracle Rogue that would likely have run rampant in standard.

oil is GVG. hopefully it means an actual good weapon in the new set.

edit: like a deathrattle weapon for rogue. mmmm.

Owzers

I thought blade flurry should have done something like damage all characters or all minions on the board. It's a flurry, should be scattered.

georly

oil is GVG. hopefully it means an actual good weapon in the new set.

edit: like a deathrattle weapon for rogue. mmmm.

Yeah, a gooood deathrattle is the only thing that could make bladeflurry playable. Like, a 2/4 weapon, deathrattle: Deal power + remaining durability to a random enemy character" or something. I assume deathrattle would resolve after the flurry, so you could clear board, deal 6-8 damage to face.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So Wild will have 8 classes? Cuz Rogue is legit #RIP in Wild.

Im cool cuz ill be rockin' Standard 24/7

EDIT: Reynad not feelin' the Juggler nerf

zoukka

"Keeping Hearthstone Fresh" = Nerfing combos and hard counters to fatties.

Enjoy the endless deathrattle trade meta boys.

Dahbomb

Nah Rogue will just make some dank tempo aggro deck to join the rest of the classes as they try to beat their faces against Freeze Mage, CW and Locks.

Iryx

My thoughts
Ancient of Lore: Don't like this change, but it's probably still good enough to see some play, but maybe it'll stop being auto-include.
Force of Nature:It's ok, not worthless but probably not good enough for constructed. I'm surprised that Savage Roar managed to escape the nerfbat since I felt it was the stronger card in the combo.
Keeper of the Grove: Not sure about this, it's really weak for a 4 drop now. Maybe it'll be a one-off.
Ironbeak Owl: Expected change, will probably still see some play in Hunter,/Aggro but I think Spellbreaker will be the preferred silence-option.
Big Game Hunter: Once again expected, there's a ton of big minions coming in the expansion though, so I think it will still see play.
Hunter's Mark: This is fine.
Blade Flurry: Blade Flurry was one of the best cards Rogue had, this nerf is really bad. Edit: Wait it's only minions too? I thought it was only +2 mana, well Blade Flurry can join Buzzard and Warsong in their little corner I guess.
Knife Juggler: Stops it being auto-include in aggro while still being good in swarmy decks, still has the problem of Knife Juggler 50/50 RNG that pisses both players off.
Leper Gnome: Eeehh. Don't like it, but then again I'm a fan of aggro.
Arcane Golem: Give your opponent a mana crystal to have +1 attack on your spider tank. Warsong level of nerf.
Molten Giant: Thank god for this change, I hate this card.
Master of Disguise: Fine, it's basically to stop silly stuff like Mal'Ganis+Perma Stealth so the designers don't have to design around it, no one played this card anyway.

Sad there was no Freeze Mage nerfs, was hoping Ice Block would die.
Oh and Divine Favor managed to escape as well, I thought that one was getting nerfed for sure.

EDIT: Reynad not feelin' the Juggler nerf

I'd be happier if juggler was 3 mana. the knifes are the problem not his attack.

the leper gnome nerf is real good. he can't trade into most 2 drops now.

ViviOggi

Yeah, a gooood deathrattle is the only thing that could make bladeflurry playable. Like, a 2/4 weapon, deathrattle: Deal power + remaining durability to a random enemy character" or something. I assume deathrattle would resolve after the flurry, so you could clear board, deal 6-8 damage to face.

You're still playing a joke card that requires at least one specific activator. It's not flexible and either costs a billion mana, a billion cards w/ Prep, or has to be set up over multiple turns - all of that for a mediocre board clear. Plus clearing and dealing face damage simultaneously is exactly what Blizz doesn't want.

Pooya

aggro rogue with south sea seem to be the deck to play. cold blood meta people. /s

A class that has no sustain, no board clear, no heal have to play face deck. It's almost like hunter now.

georly

You're still playing a joke card that requires at least one specific activator. It's not flexible and either costs a billion mana, a billion cards w/ Prep, or has to be set up over multiple turns - all of that for a mediocre board clear. Plus clearing and dealing face damage simultaneously is exactly what Blizz doesn't want.

I don't deny a single thing you're saying one bit.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kolento just wrote off rogue on his stream lol.

He thinks juggler will not see play.

My main question would be how many activations people expect to get off Knife Juggler without Muster or Haunted Creeper.

If the answer is "2 or less" outside of Unleash The Hounds (which still requires your opponent to have three minions on the board), I think there's a strong argument to just running Flame Juggler instead.

Pooya

Would you play Force of Nature in egg/token druid deck?

It might not be too bad. Soul of the forest is a card. the card is a LOT better than S.A.D. paladin is getting for same mana and druid has more ways to benefit from tokens. Savage Roar is left unchecked and it's an absurd card, I end games more often with roar alone already in combo druid. I like how this is the only nerf that involved mana decrease, the card could be pretty ok just very differently than before.

Top Bottom