• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Pooya

Maybe Y'Shaarj buffs your minions in some way. So far it looks like there is a shared theme between a god and the cards with the name of that (for the most part at least).

Apathy

Maybe Y'Shaarj buffs your minions in some way. So far it looks like there is a shared theme between a god and the cards with the name of that (for the most part at least).

possibly, although i wish at least one of the gods did something with madness

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Seems weird that they're gonna reveal the 3rd Old God this week when we're supposedly still a month from release.

Moonlight

Banned
Once N'Zoth dies, you can play other stuff.
Sure, but just compare the effect to something like C'thun. When you play C'thun for ten mana, on average when you play it, you'll have like a 14/14 body that immediately deals 14 points of (yeah, random) distributed damage to the enemy board and keeps what you can actually put on the board much more flexible. If you're using N'Zoth to summon a bunch of Dreadsteeds, at most you're going to get 11/13 worth of stats that doesn't immediately do anything and the flexibility of Dreadsteed matters a lot less by the time you're playing cards like N'Zoth in the first place.

The problem with using N'Zoth as a finisher in a Dreadsteed deck to me just seems like a square peg in a round hole sort of thing. Against the types of decks that you expect to make it to turn 10 against, a board flooded with 1/1s doesn't really do much. Against something like Warrior especially it seems awful.

I think N'Zoth can definitely be playable, especially if there's more powerful Deathrattle minions in the set (there should be), but I don't think the Dreadlock archetype is a good fit for it.

Would prefer to see a legendary that reads like 'resummon demons that died this turn and give all demons +2/+2'.

Sure, but just compare the effect to something like C'thun. When you play C'thun for ten mana, on average when you play it, you'll have like a 14/14 body that immediately deals 14 points of (yeah, random) distributed damage to the enemy board and keeps what you can actually put on the board much more flexible. If you're using N'Zoth to summon a bunch of Dreadsteeds, at most you're going to get 11/13 worth of stats that doesn't immediately do anything and the flexibility of Dreadsteed matters a lot less by the time you're playing cards like N'Zoth in the first place.

The problem with using N'Zoth as a finisher in a Dreadsteed deck to me just seems like a square peg in a round hole sort of thing. Against the types of decks that you expect to make it to turn 10 against, a board flooded with 1/1s doesn't really do much. Against something like Warrior especially it seems awful.

I think N'Zoth can definitely be playable, especially if there's more powerful Deathrattle minions in the set (there should be), but I don't think the Dreadlock archetype is a good fit for it.

Would prefer to see a legendary that reads like 'resummon demons that died this turn and give all demons +2/+2'.

When I have played against dreadsteed decks as control, the 1/1s stop you from ever really taking control of the board. It's was often a slow but certain death.

I think it depends on how something like C'Thun interacts with Dreadsteeds. Does it respawn a Dreadsteed for targetting when it dies? Then N'Zoth + Dreadsteed counters C'thun.

zz5af1f40b.jpg

Kill it dead. It was "ok" when aggressive paladins were so shitty they needed that leg up, but with actual quality cards it's just stupid.
Amazing response.

Ketch

Don't know how to fix that card at this point while still maintaining the flavour. I thought maybe 'draw cards equal to the ones you played this turn' might work but honestly that's still insane, and probably better in some situations. Maybe just remove it and make it Solemn Vigil.

Make it a secret? When your hero takes damage, draw cards to equal your opponents hand. So the opposing player gets to decide how many cards you get?

Moonlight

Banned
When I have played against dreadsteed decks as control, the 1/1s stop you from ever really taking control of the board. It's was often a slow but certain death.
I don't have much experience in the match-up, so I'll largely concede the point. It just seems to me that the finisher loses pretty badly to something like Control Warrior when they can remove N'Zoth from the board pretty efficiently and a Justicar'd hero power blunts most of the pressure of the 1/1s. When a game is at that point, cost-reduced Jarraxus and the spawn 6/6 hero power plus weapon seems much stronger.

I think it depends on how something like C'Thun interacts with Dreadsteeds. Does it respawn a Dreadsteed for targetting when it dies? Then N'Zoth + Dreadsteed counters C'thun.
That's a good point that I hadn't thought of, actually.

Make it a secret? When your hero takes damage, draw cards to equal your opponents hand. So the opposing player gets to decide how many cards you get?
Ehhh. That's a lot of power for 1 mana, and doesn't really solve the problem that you force your opponent to dump their hand to counter it, which is hard for certain decks to do and often pretty sub-optimal for the game-plans of some decks, especially ones that want to hang onto a lot of cards for synergies.

edit: In hindsight, actually, this isn't that bad of a change since it'd be awful to play this card early and it'd be easy enough to check for (unless they're hit by random damage, lol) but in the situation where you hit your opponent and lose the game because they start the next turn with like five extra cards and all of their mana it'd feel even shittier.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Another end of the month, another quick secret pally grind from 20 to 5 for (another) shitty golden epic.

Standard can't come anytime soon.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

No. Death Processing will occur at the end of C'thun's battlecry phase. None of the dreadsteeds will actually "die" until C'thun fires its final missile. So at best your dreadsteeds will eat 6 missiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nRRhkd-28g#t=33s

Pachimari

I keep losing to everyone in online ranked, even players ranked lower than me.

Somebody have to watch how I play on my live stream, and help me out. :(

georly

I keep losing to everyone in online ranked, even players ranked lower than me.

Somebody have to watch how I play on my live stream, and help me out. :(

What rank? What deck are you using? Depending on your rank I'm sure tons of us can offer advice.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aaaaaand rank 5 this month as well.

19 -> 5 in 3 ½ hours. Previous month 4 hours and the month before that 5 hours.

People getting worse or casuls having a harder time than usual with secret shitadin?

Dart

First loss to a Murloc Paladin today.

That deck is something else, really.

I feel so helpless against murlocs pally, as a control priest I can only hope to entomb bluegill or old murk-eye (dead cards in my deck) that or get lucky with thoughtsteal anyfin...

Apathy

Aaaaaand rank 5 this month as well.

19 -> 5 in 3 ½ hours. Previous month 4 hours and the month before that 5 hours.

People getting worse or casuls having a harder time than usual with secret shitadin?

A lot of people probably are also exhausted with the ranking right now, so maybe different quality of players?

fertygo

I want to drop money next month, BRM for sure because grinding for 5 wing sound disgusting.. should I buy pack too? kinda want buying more classic pack to bolster collection

Whisper pre-order is cheaper but I afraid still lacking all other basic tool anyway, any more input?

Pachimari

I'm just a rank 25 with Mage. It's a total basic deck as I only started a few days ago but for some reason I keep losing. Don't know if I'm too cautious and passive. I'm EU.

I'll set up a stream tomorrow.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm just a rank 25 with Mage. It's a total basic deck as I only started a few days ago but for some reason I keep losing. Don't know if I'm too cautious and passive. I'm EU.

Do you know roughly how much gold/dust you have? How many packs have you won/purchased?

fertygo

post your deck

when I at this rank few month ago I thinking stupid shit like thought Dragonling mechanic better than Yeti

When I start 2nd account last month I have no trouble again getting to rank 20 at first day

Apathy

post your deck

when I at this rank few month ago I thinking stupid shit like thought Dragonling mechanic better than Yeti

When I start 2nd account last month I have no trouble again getting to rank 20 at first day

This might be helpful, simply to see if off the bat you're picking bad cards that you might think are good. Unless you mean you are literally playing the basic mage deck that blizzard makes for you

Levi

Banned
Never get offered Legendary Minions in Arena.

Pick Paladin after avoiding the class for weeks.

Get 3 legendaries.

I'd trade Eadric for a Consecration any day of the week. ;/

Picked Tirion over Onyxia and Mogor the Ogre.

Picked Loatheb over Mogor and Nozdormu

Picked Eadric over Millhouse and Rafaam. (only legendary pick I was unsure of)

georly

New card:

Cew2dGXWEAA9SNu

Apparently the text translates to "Double this minion's Attack at the start of your turn."

200px-Master_of_Disguise%28127%29.png

Yeah, master of disguise *HAS* to be nerfed then.

Otherwise this + 2 cold blood + master of disguise = win.

Hell, that seems solid with just cold blood. You immediately have a 12/8 on your next turn, which is sick.

Or seal of champions. Hmm... Looks fun.

200px-Seal_of_Champions%2822373%29.png

Seems pretty good to me. Better than Volcanic Drake I think and it demands an answer within the first couple turns or it's going to spiral out of control big time.

gutshot

8 health is pretty beefy. Puts it out of range of most burn spells. You'll need some form of hard removal to clear it. Obviously Cabal would be worst case scenario, but it's susceptible to Kodo too. Not much else can deal with it though.

Seems like a really good fit in Dragon Priest. The deck lacked a really strong 6-drop.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Card is really strong. It's obviously very good with buffs but against most classes you can even safely play him solo.

Top Bottom