• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If you Inner Fire it on your turn, then it can be killed by BGH before it can attack. If you leave it alone so as to avoid that possibility, then you get a 4/8 or you can buff it to an 8/8 (assuming it took no damage).

You Inner fire it the turn after you play it. You get 8 damage done, can play another 6 mana minion, and if they can't remove it its basically game over for them. Its a huge threat at that point, since it will have 16 attack the following turn. And with that opening, you can then use the other 6 mana to develop your board. Play Thaurissan, or Justicar, possibly even Master Jouster. You could also drop Gadgetzan Auctioneer, and start using him as a draw engine, getting 1 draw off the inner fire, and he will likely live until the next turn.

Zoggy

Has any class been more dominant AND versatile as paladin has been since TGT?

they have a very good aggro eboladin deck, the strongest/ most popular deck in secretadin,

an also great midrange deck with keepers and justicar,

and they even have a strong control deck in murloc anyfin.

Has any class been more dominant AND versatile as paladin has been since TGT?

they have a very good aggro eboladin deck, the strongest/ most popular deck in secretadin,

an also great midrange deck with keepers and justicar,

and they even have a strong control deck in murloc anyfin.

They gave Paladin exactly what they needed in the GvG expansion. It used to be that they didn't have anything to play until turn 4, but then they got Minibot, Muster, and Coghammer. Minibot and Muster are two of the strongest cards in the game. Coghammer is an all around solid tool. They also got Quartermaster which means that all of their 1/1s are potential threats that need to be taken seriously. And then they just kept on getting solid cards from TGT and LoE. Paladin actually has so many awesome class cards that an amazing card like Murloc Knight doesn't even make most lists. Can you imagine what Murloc Knight would do for a class like Shaman? But no, they get crap like Siltfin Spiritwalker, which is, ironically, one of the best Murlocs to get from Murloc Knight. And I honestly have no idea what they were thinking with Keeper of Uldaman. It's like a better version of a card so powerful that it had to get nerfed into irrelevance. Keeper is like pre-nerf Tinkmaster Overspark but with the possible outcomes averaged so that you never have to deal with a Devilsaur. I guess it doesn't include a transform effect, but that's usually not that relevant. It will probably be even less relevant when most of the OP deathrattles cycle out.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't think silence effect itself would change, it's needed, how else you deal with a lot of broken combos. More likely cards with silence instead would get changed and they are quite a few of them. Silence, mass dispel, earthshock etc. The bulk of nerfed cards would be about silence. They are very under costed, it's supposed to be a control tool, not an aggro tool.

Yeah, they're just going to nerf silences that are way too efficient like Owl and Keeper.

I thought TGT basically Warrior expansion

TGT only gave Warrior Justicar and Bash. It wasn't enough to make Control Warrior a tier 1 deck. Patron was the best Warrior deck at the time, and it didn't get anything new. In fact, it was nerfed shortly after TGT released.

Two good arena runs today. One of my worst drafts ever managed to get me 10-3. Rogue is surprisingly good. I should play it more often.

Pooya

Almost to legend on EU yesterday, of course server maintenance has to happen on the very last day and last for almost a full day -_- .

Pooya

new card by Lothar
CeyWDCNXEAAQDid.jpg:large

play this with SAD, get 5 divine shields, your hero power too, . ehh, it's ok.

Play this, then sword of justice, then SAD. Get 5 minibots for 9 mana combo wombo. edit: forgot SAD is 5 mana, why is that card so baaaad. might as well just play justicar.

Magma Rager is now better than Ice Rager btw.

FeD.nL

That's going to be fun in wild..

But seriously quite a lot of cards revealed so far are going to shake up the wild format. Personally I love that the brakes are off and we get to do stupid shit in a format.

ViviOggi

Paladin needed a new 3-drop and that's a fair one I think. You can't leave it alive but classic 3/3 on 3 is easy to answer in theory, depends on how sticky and annoying Aggrodin's curve is gonna be

CoolOff

That shit is pretty decent in arena too. It makes drafted 1-drops relevant mid to late-game, and worst case for 5 mana you get a 3/3 and a 1/1/ with divine shield.

Pooya

This probably can give Twilight Drake divine shield. Just checked and Hobgoblin works with reliquary seeker, so this should work too.

NBtoaster

Seems pretty strong. The question is how aggro paladin can manage if divine favor is nerfed. Though the more aggro variant of secret paladin will probably still be good.

This probably can give Twilight Drake divine shield. Just checked and Hobgoblin works with reliquary seeker, so this should work too.

Should also work with Faceless Shambler.

fertygo

What good cheap deck that not require me crafting shit that unable to played in standard?

I seriously planning to play zoo but wasting dust for implosion not sound fun

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Steward into Stand Against Darkness. You just summoned 5 Argent Squires.

Dahbomb

That card is kinda ridiculous in an aggressive deck.

Buffs up your Wolfriders, Leper Gnomes, Abusive Sergeants, Noble Sac and hero power.

Apathy

So if you have noble sacrifice, this out, at least one thing gets sacred shield that turn, then you better hope you can kill it or it'll start running crazy with a bunch of 1 health minions coming on board with ds, great.

I think that is the official "fuck people who want to play wild" card.

You'll rebuy the same cards every year and you'll like it.

Dahbomb

I think that is the official "fuck people who want to play wild" card.

You'll rebuy the same cards every year and you'll like it.
Why this card specifically? It's a new effect for Paladin.

Or are you talking about interaction with Muster for Battle? In that case we all know that Wild is going to be a cesspool of degenerate decks and strategies.

I have no idea what she's singing but this is a cute video anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9RIdjDVSug
OF COURSE she's a scumbag Secret Paladin player!

Why this card specifically? It's a new effect for Paladin.

Or are you talking about interaction with Muster for Battle? In that case we all know that Wild is going to be a cesspool of degenerate decks and strategies.

Yep with muster. It'll be good in standard eboladin, but wild eboladin will be nuts. Divine shields onto everything and start chucking out quartermasters after. Good luck cleaning that up.

Apathy

Yep with muster. It'll be good in standard eboladin, but wild eboladin will be nuts. Divine shields onto everything and start chucking out quartermasters after. Good luck cleaning that up.

Ds as a mechanic is strong, but when you can put it on a bunch of high damage 1 health minions or multiple 1/1 at the same time or chargers that were balanced around not having ds that is just stupid.

Let alone the fact that having a 1 damage ping to get it off isn't always possible for some classes

Top Bottom