• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You know I wonder if people are going to run C'thun just to activate Velkor.

As long as a few of the C'thun cards prove playable, any mid-rangeish deck can slot in a C'thune suit for a backup threat.

peakish

FUCKING YES!

Finally made rank 10, with my Dragon deck :D

Doesn't mean a lot to anyone but me, but oh yes I've been struggling to get past 15 previously so damn right I'm happy

Also, two hours before Old Gods hits here!

Dahbomb

You know I wonder if people are going to run C'thun just to activate Velkor.

As long as a few of the C'thun cards prove playable, any mid-rangeish deck can slot in a C'thune suit for a backup threat.
You aren't playing a Cthun deck for Cthun.

You are playing it for Twin Emperor aka the new Dr Balanced.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Hint guys it's really not possible to evaluate which decks are top tier in the first three hours of the format existing.

inky

Kripp getting REKT at rank 19, lol. I'm playing the most boring games because I didn't get enough cards and I don't know what to craft yet :(

Everybody having fun but me.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hint guys it's really not possible to evaluate which decks are top tier in the first three hours of the format existing.

Or even the first week. People were saying Reno was overpowered for almost two weeks.

I still won the match, and the next time I used it I got an arcane golem and an uninjured blademaster from 2 wolves.

Totes worth.

Yeah, I really want to mess around more with the newer mechanics via Evolve and Warden of Darkshire.

Having a lot of fun messing with things.

manhack

Kripp getting REKT at rank 19, lol. I'm playing the most boring games because I didn't get enough cards and I don't know what to craft yet :(

Everybody having fun but me.

I just took the deck recipes for the classes I wanted to play and took out the crappy cards.

The shaman works great so far.

VoxPop

Spent 5K gold opening packs and only got 1 legendary plus a bunch of epics (some golden). The new priest one. Pretty dope.

Still got another 1K gold and the free packs from playing Standard. I only really play my Mill Deck but I might get around to playing new decks again.

Is there no replacement for Healbots + Dr Boom?

The new warrior cards seem pretty OP.

Tagyhag

Or even the first week. People were saying Reno was overpowered for almost two weeks.

And Reno went on to be used in like 25% of all constructed decks.

Of course, that's the product of the meta itself so it might be different now but I've fought Aggro Shamans 3/4 times this past 2 hours and they ran wild.

ZenaxPure

Just been playing the classic mage recipe in non-ranked Standard to earn all my packs and l o fucking l. Had a guy spend his game buffing up c'thun to around 15 or so then he played him and I mirror imaged it and one shot him on my turn.

Thanks for the free win guy!

Apathy

I have enough dust for 1 legendary. Toss up between a fun yogg card or a more "for climbing" legendary like staghelm or utility like sylvanas

inky

Call of the Wild is Preeeeeety Good guys (in Mage ;P)

hearthstonescreenshot7ujay.png

I just took the deck recipes for the classes I wanted to play and took out the crappy cards.

The shaman works great so far.

I'll check what I want to play and craft something. Gotta use that dust I guess.

And Reno went on to be used in like 25% of all constructed decks.

Of course, that's the product of the meta itself so it might be different now but I've fought Aggro Shamans 3/4 times this past 2 hours and they ran wild.

The deck requires the least amount of new cards and thought to build so that's no surprise, it'll probably stay very strong but it's still too soon to say.

Hey guys, I haven't really played Hearthstone since release but with the new content release today I figured I might try to get into it. If I were to spend some money what would be best to get first? Any beginner tips would help, thanks.

Eric WK

3-0 with C'thun Druid against two legend ranked Warriors and a Druid.

And yes, keeping C'thun in your opening hand isn't the worst decision ever.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Has anybody tried C'Thun Priest? Twilight Darkmender just seems kind of insane.

C'Thun Druid is a tier 1 deck, no question.

Between Klaxxi, Twin Emp and Arrakoa, I expect people to call for nerfs pretty soon.

Eh.. I haven't lost to one yet with Zoo. I have a bunch of deck ideas I'd like to try out...

...but I'm now playing Spritestone. Guess I can finish rewatching Lord of the Rings.

Hey guys, I haven't really played Hearthstone since release but with the new content release today I figured I might try to get into it. If I were to spend some money what would be best to get first? Any beginner tips would help, thanks.

classic and now Whisper of the old god packs. I'd value classic a bit more since some cards have been nerfed so you can get a good amount of dust that way and craft other cards easier. This has the list of cards that were changed in the classic set

Also, looks like this is the new Eboladin. People underestimated Steward of Darkshire hard.

aggro will be the king for the first month or so until decks find what they need to stop it, if there is anything good in WoToG

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is keeper of uldaman still in standard

Top Bottom