• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Tarazet

Doing Freeze Mage to farm the C'Thun decks. It's super effective. I just beat a Rogue that got his up to 22/22 and played him. I put in one Evolved Kobold and boy, he does his work. Insane combo enabler.

V-Faction

Heads up N'Zoth players: Seems your cards have to physically die for the effect to work. Getting transformed via Hex, Sheep, and even Evolve subverts this.

Pooya

Tried freeze mage, nope, without mad scientist life is too hard. You're not beating shaman at least without perfect draws.

greepoman

Heads up N'Zoth players: Seems your cards have to physically die for the effect to work. Getting transformed via Hex, Sheep, and even Evolve subverts this.

Same with C'thun if you want to use the guy who brings him back. I almost wonder if you might see some Tinkmasters for classes without a transform...even if it does the 5/5 it's still smaller and it makes the doomcallers effect dead.

akinkcl

Neo Member
Forbidden healing is pretty good..saved my ass twice against freeze mage.. and also, fuck freeze mage....uninteractive shit deck

Saprol

i want yogg, not 3 monkeys

gpLIf6R.png

gutshot

I feel like the Old Gods bonus isn't working in Arena? Did a Shaman run and barely got offered any new stuff and rarely saw any new cards either. Or maybe the card pool is just too big now.

My rewards sucked too. 5 wins and all I get is 50 gold and 50 dust. Was hoping for an extra pack. The dust is worthless to me, I have like 10k. Oh, and still no Legendaries after 35 packs opened. Feel like Blizzard is punishing me for not spending any real money this time around.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Here's my experience with Blizzard's Shields Up deck (I replaced Fjola with Divine Favor as I didn't have her).

Game 1: Won against classic Handlock in a very long game despite them getting out both a shielded Molten Giant and Jaraxxus.
Game 2: Wrecked a C'Thun Druid on turn 8.
Game 3: Lost to Tempo Mage after they played C'Thun, which was already a punishing match up for a 1 health minion deck. Made it quite late in the game though despite a poor opening to boot.
Game 4: Fought a Totem/Evolution Shaman. They conceded on turn 7.

Paladin :thumbsup:

That said, this deck could use some tweaking. It has very little reach.

Evolve Shaman still suffers the same problems as any token shaman in that you actually need to be able to establish a board to be successful. If you get cleared or out-tempoed life sucks.

I don't think it's that amazing, at least in the matches I've had.

Even without Crackle and maybe one or two other things from GvG, SMOrc Shaman is still very strong.

jgminto

Evolve Shaman still suffers the same problems as any token shaman in that you actually need to be able to establish a board to be successful. If you get cleared or out-tempoed life sucks.

I don't think it's that amazing, at least in the matches I've had.

Even without Crackle and maybe one or two other things from GvG, SMOrc Shaman is still very strong.
The thing is, it's so easy to establish an early board presence and there is basically no way to clear the board cleanly in Standard. If they do manage to clear it somehow, say Brawl+Removal, you just follow it up with Tuskarr Totemic, a totem and Evolve for a board they can't deal with again. Shaman is truly in an incredible spot.

jgminto

Are you getting good mileage out of that Hammer of Twilight? It seems good but I don't know if that means it is good.
It's a solid weapon, it can mop up a lot of minions and the 4/2 is especially good if it spawns behind one of your taunts. It's another tool for creating a board that's difficult to deal with.

Since people are posting decks, here's something I'm working with that I'm having a lot of fun with. Probably could use some tweaking though. Should note, I tried a lower curve, more aggressive deck, and it was more awkward than playing this more midrange deck, or whatever you want to call it.

First off, I am loving Infest. It might be a honeymoon period, but it's been working great for me by refilling my hand. I'd have two in there but I don't expect to have that much of a board too often. Best combo so far has been using Princess on a Highmane, then using Infest.

The Infested Taurens might seem odd, but one thing I realized when playing with N'Zoth is that you're left wide open. If you've been watching Kripp, N'Zoth is INSANE for Paladin since they can get two Tirions, but I think it's more important that it's a Taunt more than anything else. However, I've been finishing games before turn 10 to really be able to say.

I hope to see if I can refine it some more but it's hard for me to really see what I need to improve the deck. I'm guessing a board clear would help the most but it hasn't been an issue in the very few amount of games I've played.

biaxident

Can definitely confirm how good Call of the wild is, I only have 1 and its been great everytime (except against this mage who just had flamestrike). Every game I hope to top deck around that time cuz its such a good finisher and so hard to remove. Love it.

I run ram wrangler in mine cause I love the potential, but man has he whiffed tonight, captain's parrot, 2 dusk boars are the last 3 he gave me lol.

jgminto

I don't know about Faceless in this deck but if it works it works.

Even with anti synergy Faceless is wrecking faces. Balanced.
It's just a high quality tempo drop and it has such a high health pool that it can kill multiple minions and evolve for massive value.

So I've built and had decent success with:

Murloc Control Paladin
Deathrattle Rogue
Overload Shaman
Renolock
C'Thun Warrior
Dragon Priest
Zoo

I've not had success with:

Anything Mage

...huh.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I swear, it's like Zoo doesn't even give a shit about what it lost. It's still as ridiculous as ever.

Zoo will be an archetype as long as the game exists. You just pick whatever the most efficient small minions in the game are and hero power to victory.

Crosseyes

Banned
It might just be because of the C'thun big minion craze but these new pirate Warrior cards are just running over people right now. Win streaked from 13 to 10 in what felt like a few minutes.

They all laughed at cursed blade. But cursed blade into corsair or raider into the new 3/4 weapon buffer is backbreaking against like every C'thun deck who plays the 2/3 into the 3/4 on turns 2 and 3. Only two things that have stopped me so far is a super defense tempo mage opener with coin-apprentice-mirror image and a druid Cthun who was able to squeak just enough healing and stall out of the new 8 armor card and Twin Emperor.

Apathy

brawl really needs to be part of the basic set for warriors. i hope at some point they actually go back and add some of these things

Top Bottom